Quorum of Canon 17 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

So GrayGuard is asking for a firm ruling on whether they should exist as a race in the Lunaverse. I considered replying there myself, but it seem like this is probably something we should reach a consensus on here first (or at least put to a vote), so that the Quorum can provide a unified decision and avoided cluttering up the thread with any debate.

Personally, I'm still opposed to the idea. Dinosaurs fit neither the criteria of a hooved animal or mythical creature. Furthermore dinosaurs as a whole are a hugely broad category of many, many divergent species (enough to populate an entire world of there won), so even deciding which ones to use would be a complicated issue.

There is also the concern that he wants to use them as a counterpart to aboriginal culture, but I'm strongly of the opinion that if we ever have any kind of aboriginal culture it should be based on an actual Australian animal or mythological creature.

I'm not opposed to the concept of Dinosaurs as an extinct precursor race from a time before ponies (or maybe as space aliens), but I do not feel they have a place in the modern world, which kind of defeats the purpose of them even being DINOSAURS, since the word is often synonymous with things that are archaic and outdated.

GrassAndClouds2
Group Admin

Personally, I think we have enough species. I don't see what adding dinosaurs gives us besides clutter. And I haven't seen any stories that really seem to require dinosaurs to work, so I don't think there's a pressing need for them on that front either.

So I would say 'no dinos.'

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

I agree; I'd rather populate the world with mythical creatures than historical ones.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

2591412 2591474
Well that's simple majority, but I guess we should wait to see if one of Fizzy or Insert have an opinion to add before making a final verdict. Unless you want to executive this, RDD?

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

No, I don't see a need.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

2591286 I don't like the idea either.

The Dinosaurs as super advanced forgotten precursor race though?

Count me in! :pinkiehappy:

GrassAndClouds2
Group Admin

That's unanimous, then (except for IAH, who hasn't joined the group yet).

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

2592432 :twilightsmile:
I think IAH is more 'Fancy Pants' to our Viceroy-like status anyway. He's there to keep us all in line by telling us when we've got our heads up our collective asses, but doesn't need get involved in most decisions. Though I would be glad to have him around more often, but best not to overly impose upon him.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

2592482 I'd like for him to join up at least. Just in case we need a tie-breaker.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Worst case scenario of a 2-vs-2 tie; RDD's side wins by virtue of executive authority. We're here to advise him and lighten the load, but it's still his group so the final call is always his. Not that I expect such to happen until we are certain we've reach an irreconcilable impasse.

...but I also agree that it'd still be good to have the extra voice every now and again.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10