Quorum of Canon 17 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
GrassAndClouds2
Group Admin

We got asked to look at this... about three weeks ago, so I figured I'd make the thread.

Personally, I'm thinking non-canon, if only because the story involves a bunch of longma showing up in Ponyville, but the way longma are described (some kind of creation of Tirek's or Corona's) doesn't match with our canon (a pony subspecies native to the Asian continent). I'm also skeptical about a whole group of them just wandering into Ponyville.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

I'm inclined to agree.

The fic itself is competently written, but the origin of the Longma and even more so their apparent self-hatred doesn't really mesh with how we'd been planning to portray them. Also, the notion of Corona hiring any kind of army of them to attack Canterlot seems unlikely at best, both due to the timing, and furthermore since like Kirin they probably shouldn't be that numerous. Plus most of our canon characters seem OOC to some degree or another.

So as it currently stands, my vote would be non-canon.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

I'm also going to vote non-canon. Mostly I just have a difficult time reading it for some reason...but also, yes, for the reasons you two mentioned.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

3474193 Guess it's time to lock this then?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4