Quorum of Canon 17 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
GrassAndClouds2
Group Admin

In the quorum thread in the main Lunaverse board, ThatGuyVex asked if we could make quorum rationales (once they're finalized) public so people would better know what we're looking for in a canon story. Instead of just "rejected", the idea is, people could know why the story was rejected.

On the plus side, transparency and, hopefully, stories more in line with what we want. On the minus side, some people might not want us to share our analysis of their stories with the public (particularly if our analysis is very negative). Also, it might not allow us to express ourselves as freely here; if we get a story that's poorly written, would we feel pressured not to write as critical things in our thread here if we knew the whole world would see it once we're done?

My own personal view is, I'm okay with making summaries of the discussions (not the whole threads) publicly available provided the author of the story agrees. But I can see where that would have negatives too. Thoughts?

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

I don't think we've ever kept the process behind how we reach our decisions secret. If nothing else, this forum while private to join, has always been open to anyone who just wants to read it. I think what we've been doing so far, wherein at author requests it we direct them to the relevant discussion thread, works just fine.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2