Cadence's Library 1,376 members · 10,519 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Okay, what I actually did was I had myself set as founder for the group, so that if Mayhem ever comes back and deletes his account, the group isn't affected, and I demoted all the admins that are no longer on the site: Mayhem, Sir Truffles, and Twilight-the-pony.

I'm going through doing this for a number of groups, because that new delete button makes it much easier for people to get rid of their accounts and wipe out any groups they founded in the process...

--Sweetie Belle

Quillian Inkheart
Group Contributor

Holy... Did SweetieAl just annex the group?

Wait...

!!!!!!

- Quillian B. Inkheart

P.s. - Will remove if this is in bad taste. :rainbowwild:

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well... technically speaking, I just annexed 10 groups. But I was already in charge of them.

--Sweetie Belle

Quillian Inkheart
Group Contributor

So... You're like, super Germany...

Sorry, I'll stop now. :rainbowlaugh:

Well, at least it makes it more certain that nothing bad will happen to the group as a whole, now that we have a new overlord and all.

- Quillian B. Inkheart

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Yeah, that was pretty much the point. Before, when you had to ask the staff to delete your account, the Shameless Self-Promotion Bureau was almost lost to an account deletion. And now anyone can just hit a button to do it. I could easily see people that have already left the site coming back just long enough to permanently delete their old id...

--Sweetie Belle

Quillian Inkheart
Group Contributor

Or, someone making a new one, who doesn't consider the long-term ramifications to the Groups they're in. :ajsmug: Sensible. Well, it's good to have your expertise, Sweetie. Job well done. Making our groups a safer place, one invas- I mean, bloodless takeover at a time.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I'd hope so. I mean, the current group rules were posted by me, in 2016. Taking over a group you already wrote all the rules for is not difficult. (Looking at the rules thread is often a good way to see who's currently in charge, really.)

--Sweetie Belle

Can non-mods do this? It may be wise to promote some other group coups....

I can't swear to this, but I think knighty said in the discussion about this that, even with the new button, the actual deletion is still handled manually. I imagine that's to allow checks by a human being in order to avoid (eg) Alice hacking Bob's account and then permanently nuking all Bob's stuff.

But anyway, good job. Just make sure you don't ever delete your account, or we really will be in trouble! :raritywink:

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

This has to be done by site mods. What I did was pm one of them with a list which had a link to each group, who the current founder was, and why I wanted to become the founder. In this case, every single one was for no longer being on the site, and I was already an admin in all of them, which simplifies things.

I expect if the founder was still on the site, they'd want to ask them first, and if you weren't an admin, they might need to make you one. I've still got more sites I might ask about later, too. I just went with the unambiguous ones, and a few, I wanted to give the founders a while more to come back.

I saw knighty talking on discord about possibly changing it so that groups don't vanish when the founder's account gets deleted, because apparently the group still exists but is not shown because the founder is "NULL". Not sure if that'll happen, but if it does, it's a good idea.

--Sweetie Belle

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

They are handled manually, but Vengeful Spirit's account deletion was handled manually before the button was introduced, and it still made the Shameless Self-Promotion Bureau vanish for a few hours before I got the founder for it changed to me.

And don't worry. Part of why I am consolidating it to me is I'm a packrat. I've never deleted a group, even if that leaves a closed, hidden group or two around, and I'm certainly never deleting my account. If my account is ever deleted, somepony's hacked into it.

--Sweetie Belle

And yoinking this to repost on the relevant group...!

6515037 I think we'll soon have to rename Fimfiction to SweetAI's Fimfiction.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15