Cadence's Library 1,376 members · 10,519 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

what are the most important episodes from seasons 1-5? My cousin would really like to get caught up but only wants the important early episodes.

I usually suggest watching it from the start.

which is great the only problem is we just need like a best of/ slash most important list from seasons 1-5

Aside from the openers and finales, I'd just pick ones that develop characters, like Keep Calm and Flutter On, Party of One, Lesson Zero, and Luna Eclipsed, or meet the taste of your friend. If they like mostly adventure, skip some of the pure SoL episodes and such. If they take a liking to a certain character, pick episodes that feature them

Defining episodes that are the 'best' are pretty tricky.

DumbDog

You should start with the Season 3 Finale

Comment posted by Erina Tail Yellow deleted Jun 19th, 2017

Definitely Sonic Rainboom, Cutie Mark Chronicles and Winter Wrap Up from season one. Maybe Art Of The Dress (not sure what the episode of that was called) and The Best Night Ever, too. Not just because they advance the plot, but also because they're the classics that everyone should watch when they start the show.

Lesson Zero in season two, the one where they free Discord in season three and maybe It's About Time. Oh, and Wonderbolt Academy. Maybe Super Speedy Cider Squeezy because of the Flimflam brothers.

In season four of course the five Friendship Token episodes, maybe Friendship Games and Castle Mane-ia.

Season five definitively The Gauntlet of Fire and the one where Trixie comes back... oh yeah, should probably show them Boast Busters and Magic Duel before that.

you guys are really helpful I'll start putting together my list tonight and with luck they'll enjoy it thankyou

Season 1
Episodes 1 and 2 mandatory for basic premise, Episode 9 "Bride Gossip", Episode 12 "Winter Wrap-Up", Episode 13 "Fall Weather Friends", Episode 15 "Feeling Pinkie Keen", Episode 19 "A Dog and Pony Show", Episode 25 "Party of One"

Season 2
Episodes 1 and 2 "The Return of Harmony", Episode 3 "Lesson Zero", Episode 4 "Luna Eclipsed", Episode 11 "Family Appreciation Day", Episode 13 "Hearth's Warming Eve", Episode 16 "Read it and Weep", Episode 19 "Putting Your Hoof Down", Episode 22 "Hurricane Fluttershy", Episode 23 "Ponyville Confidential", Episode 25 and 26 "A Canterlot Wedding"

Season 3
Episodes 1 and 2 "The Crystal Empire", Episode 5 "Magic Duel", Episode 6 "Sleepless in Ponyville", Episode 11 "Keep Calm and Flutter On", Episode 12 "Games Ponies Play", Episode 13 "Magical Mystery Cure"

Season 4
Episodes 1 and 2 "Princess Twilight Sparkle", Episode 4 "Daring Don't", Episode 6 "Power Ponies", Episode 10 "Rainbow Falls", Episode 11 "Pinkie Pride", Episode 19 "Maud Pie", Episode 24 "Equestria Games", Episode 25 and 26 "Twilight's Kingdom" + any rainbow artifact episodes I've missed

Season 5
Episodes 1 and 2 "The Cutie Map", Episode 5 "Tanks for the Memories", Episode 12 "Amending Fences", Episode 13 "Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?", Episode 16 "Rarity Investigates!", Episode 18 "Brotherhooves Social", Episode 19 "Crusaders of the Lost Mark", Episode 22 "What About Discord?", Episode 24 "The Mane Attraction", Episode 25 and 26 "The Cutie Remark"

With that list, you might as well just watch the whole series. (I still recommend that, btw) :twilightsmile: I'd probably pare it down to the season openers and closers (which are the main plot points), and then one episode for each character... Lesson Zero, Feeling Pinkie Keen, Art of the Dress, etc. And maybe one or two intermediate but popular ones that aren't character specific like Bridle Gossip and Luna Eclipsed. I would also lean more toward earlier episodes because they'll be better for learning what's going on.

My goal for the list was a sort of "greatest hits" collection from each season, at which point the option to move to other episodes would be the initiate's idea.

You guys have been extremely helpful thankyou so much

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13