Cadence's Library 1,376 members · 10,519 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Okay, so these are the current categories:
Bedtime Stories For Twilight - Slice of Life stories (SFW)
Can I Sleep With You Tonight? - Dark stories
I've Got the Giggles - Comedy
It's Over Already? - One-shots
Let's Go on a Quest! - Adventure
My Handsome Stallion (Cadence x Shining Armor)
Oh My! - Mature
Some Day I'll Meet My Prince Charming - Romance (SFW)
Something Seems Different - AU
This Made Me Cry - Tragedy/Sad
Welcome to Equestria - Crossovers
What Did I Just Read? - Random
Who's My Favorite Filly? (Cadence & Twilight stories)
Why are We Walking on Two Legs? - For Anthro Stories and Humanized Ponies Stories
Why Does It Walk on Two Legs? - Human in Equestria and Ponies on Earth

I could change some of the names, if anypony can think of better ones. I don't want to do any changes that'd involve having to shuffle around a bunch of stories, though.

Now, we need to add in folders for the new tags. Here's some initial ideas:
Can I Be the Main Character? - Second Person
What Was That Sound? - Horror
Flying Saucers and Ray Guns - Sci-Fi
His Evil Twin Brother Has Amnesia? - Drama
Who Did It? - Mystery

I'm drawing a blank on a Thriller folder for some reason, though. An origin folder was also suggested. Maybe "In The Beginning"?

If you have any suggestions or comments, let me know!

--Sweetie Belle

Quillian Inkheart
Group Contributor

It's Got Me On Edge! - Thriller or My Heart is Racing - Thriller
Perhaps we could even have "Why Would You Write That?! - Grimdark" for dark stories rated M strictly for violence. Or would that just fall under "Oh My! - Mature"?

Also, I vote we change "Who did it?" to "Whodunnit?" for the laughs. :derpytongue2: Don't really, I like it as is.

-Inkheart

I'm drawing a blank on a Thriller folder for some reason, though

Somepony's Been Following Me - Thriller

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

One thing I'd kinda worry about if we put in a category called "Why Would You Write That?!" is that bad stories would accidentally be put in it. I thought about combining Horror into the Dark folder, but I do like "What Was That Sound?".

Of course, I could combine them, rename the folder to the new name, then make a new "Can I Sleep With You Tonight?" folder for snuggly fics, but that'd get confusing.

I do kinda like "Whodunnit?", but alright.

Maybe just "Somepony's Following Me!"? I like the other suggestions, too, though.

--Sweetie Belle

"I Think Somepony's Following Me", maybe?
It's kind of a mouthful, though.

Quillian Inkheart
Group Contributor

Yeah, I can see the problem with 'Why Would You Write That?'
And keep Whodunnit, if you want. I was just being weird, but that doesn't mean its not good. :derpytongue2:

A few "Snugglefic" possibilities; Warm Fuzzies, The Snuggles Have Been Doubled!, Cute and Cuddly, I Feel All Fuzzy Inside.

-Inkheart

5277876 Perhaps for any sort of origin stories we could do something like The Scrapbooks of Cadence or possibly just something like Scrapbooks. And I like Inkhearts's Warm Fuzzles folder idea (I like that name the best of the four; The Snuggles Have Been Doubled fits Luna better in my opinion.)

Those new folder names are fantastic! :twilightsmile:

One possible simplification to the thriller suggestion: "Who's following me?"
Or alternatively: "Edge of my seat!"

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I do like Warm Fuzzles". Maybe I'll go with that. Scrapbooks is good, though it sounds like it's for moments not shown for any character. Which I do like, actually.

Thanks! And "Who's following me?" would fit pretty well.

--Sweetie Belle

5277876 I'm not a admin here so I have no idea if I should help here, but for the thriller folder try "Why does my heart keep on pumping?"

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

The only admin in this thread other than me is Quillian, and I promoted him a day or two ago. I'd be in pretty poor shape here if I was only going by admin suggestions. I'm actually going under the assumption that most of the admin list is ignoring this group or not around, really. So anypony that wants to make suggestions in any of these threads, feel free!

"Why does my heart keep on pumping?" sounds kinda like it might be a biology lesson, tho'. Could be "pounding", maybe...

--Sweetie Belle

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Just as an update, I've added most of the folders. The only ones I haven't added yet are the Thriller one, the one for origins, and the snuggly one, 'cause I'm still thinking about them.

"Can I Be the Main Character?", "What Was That Sound?", "Flying Saucers and Ray Guns!", "His Evil Twin Brother Has Amnesia?", and "Whodunnit?" have all been added, though, and anypony that wants to can start adding their stories to 'em.

--Sweetie Belle

One suggestion, since I keep having trouble remembering what each folder actually is, is maybe put the actual genre tag in parenthesis after the title? Like "I've Got The Giggles (Comedy)".

Already added some of my stories to the new folders!:pinkiesmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14