The Monthly Contest Club 335 members · 51 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
ThatOneWriter
Group Admin

Interested in judging contests? This is the place to apply. The process is simple: just complete the following survey. It's only five questions.

How many stories have you published to Fimfiction? Which do you think is your best work?

How many stories have you edited? Please list as many as you can think of.

Do you have a link to any critiques you have written? The subject matter isn't important; the idea is to see what sort of analysis we can expect.

Why are you interested in becoming a group admin?

What do you think makes you qualified to be a contest judge?

Applications will be reviewed by myself (ThatOneWriter), and I will make the most informed decision possible.

MDNGHTRDHTLN
Group Admin

2501737 How do I fill this out? GDocs, comment, PM?

ThatOneWriter
Group Admin

Just comment on this thread. I should get back to you within a day or two. I'm on nearly every day.

MDNGHTRDHTLN
Group Admin

2514221 Alright, then!

How many stories have you published to Fimfiction? Which do you think is your best work?
I have 12 published stories, and I think my best work is Blue and Black Wings.

Fabric, Changing One's Heart, and then scattered chapters for about five other fics that I only edited one or two chapters for, and not the whole thing. Also, the authors changed some things in my edit, and those were not the final edits.

Do you have a link to any critiques you have written? The subject matter isn't important; the idea is to see what sort of analysis we can expect.
Yes!

Well, there are a few reasons. The first is that I noticed that this group has a lack of one, and I am always willing to help people in need (or so I like to think). The second is that I've seen admin abuse before, and in my run as admin for four groups so far, I've never had anyone level a complaint towards me, and I don't want another group to fall prey to admin abuse.

Well, my whole life, I've been interested with how people think and communicate, and have such spent much of my time learning about grammar, language, and etymology (the study of words and word origins). I also have a lot of experience judging and reviewing fics.

1. I've published 3 stories so far. I mypersonally hink Twilight and Trixie Go To A Metal Show is my best work.

2. I've edited five I believe, including all my own stories which have gotten very good reviews.

3. Here is a review I did.

4. Because, honestly, I find he responsibilities and such very fun. Plus, I'm a very relaxed guy, unlike half the people on here who start flame wars.

5. Because I have been involved with with writing for a very long time and have won multiple competitions in many fields.

ThatOneWriter
Group Admin

Somehow I missed reading your application. I don't think I need any new admins, but I'll see how things go with this first contest.

hailspider
Group Admin

0, currently.

I've edited a few of Manaphy's, as well as some others that aren't really noteworthy.

http://www.fimfiction.net/group/201778/cage-reviews/thread/164118/rage-review-love-in-a-warzone
This is just the most recent; I can find more if you desire. And normally, I'd treat things more seriously.

I like the idea of having strictly monthly contests.

I've judged contests before.

ThatOneWriter
Group Admin

Oh, yeah! You're the founder of Weekly Contests! Do you think that might be a bit much running two contest groups, though? Running one every week sounds pretty demanding as-is.

hailspider
Group Admin

4234007 Nah, it wouldn't be too demanding. I've got some other people helping out in the Weekly Contests group, and they usually aren't weekly anyway, as truly weekly contests didn't get very many entrants.

ThatOneWriter
Group Admin

Okay. Well, we only got about three entries per contest usually, but we only had about 50 people then, so we'll see what happens after I resurrect the group.

I'm going to wait until Wednesday or so, see how many others volunteer to admin, and then make an announcement thread and start working on a group post for the monthly sitewide group promotion blog. Hopefully they actually do one this month.

With you on board, that makes at least one other admin. If enough people sign on, I may be able to run a contest myself now and then. I just don't want to be running every contest every month like I was doing.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10