Hug Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara! 267 members · 306 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

So far, I've got folders for stories in which Diamond and Silver hug, ones in which bad things happen to them where they need hugs, a general one for stories where they act like nice ponies, and then one for stories involving other ponies, with a few other ponies having subcategories (Twist, Spike, Gilda, Sunset Shimmer, all four princesses, Chrysalis, and "Other". There are still somewhat subject to change.)

We've also got a thread for hug pictures, and one for hugging each other.

I've also added a number of stories I've found involving hugging. Though I could use feedback as far as adding clop fics...

So, what am I missing?

I suppose I should write up a rules thread. But I'd like to hear what ideas other ponies have.

Also, if you know fanfics involving hugging that should be included, feel free to add them.

And if you have a buncha ideas about things to do and want to do them, I probably could use another admin or two...

--Sweetie Belle

Flint Sparks
Group Contributor

What about a group collab story about Deets and Silver getting/giving hugs?

I'd suggest no clop. There are plenty of places for clop stories, and while I read and enjoy them, they seem... contrary to the friendly theme of this group.

Then again, sex is referred to as "special hugging" sometimes. YMMV.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

I'm always happy to help with admin stuff like locking/deleting ugly threads, deleting stories that don't belong, that kind of thing.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Could be interesting. Were you thinking of a story thread where everyone writes a paragraph or something similar in a thread, or more like everyone writes a chapter?

I mainly asked because one of the members has a mature/sex tagged fanfic that has Diamond/Silver hugging in it. I'm not gonna read it anyways, so I'll just let the group decide.

2409948>>2409957
I'd be funny if we ended up with the same admin list as on the Twist! group, wouldn't it? Thanks for the offers! I'll pick who the admins are later, once everyponies had a chance to reply, but for now, I'll make you contributors. And Flint, I think, given his group collab story idea...

--Sweetie Belle

Flint Sparks
Group Contributor

Here's how group collabs work:

>Thread posted
>OP explains the rules. 500+ word prompts. You will probably post the story.
>Person claims prompt. They have four hours to write a short, 500+word story on the prompt (usually a single word or two).
>They edit their comment with their story and give a new prompt.
>You copy and paste their short onto the collab story chapter and link their name in the author's note while giving their name on the chapter title.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

In this case, I'd imagine we'd want an overarching theme of Diamond and Silver getting hugged. I guess the prompt would be in addition to that?

I'm not sure how much time I'd have, but if it's just copying and pasting the text into chapters, I could probably do that. Would we need an editor of some sort?

And I could post the story on my account. Only story I actually have on my account right now is an unpublished one called Cutie Mark Crusader Game Inspectors that has, um, 12 likes on it 'cause I left it where other ponies could see it despite having drawn a blank after the first chapter. 'Course, the last episode was kinda based on almost the exact same story idea, so I'm not even sure if I ever will do anything with it now...

--Sweetie Belle

Flint Sparks
Group Contributor

I could run the thread, post the story, and edit the chapters in turn. I've never ran a group collab before, but I'd still offer to edit from time to time if you handle it yourself.

I know the group is small, but there are plenty of groups who'd be willing to write about Deets and Silver hugging it out. :yay:

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, you know, my time is a little more limited than I'd like at the moment. Even if it would be nice to have something published under my profile. Also, you've got more followers then me. Why don't you go ahead ahead and do that, and I can help out occasionally.

Maybe if I get inspired and have time, I'll do a chapter or two.

And, right, we can always recruit writers from other groups for the collab. Of course, they'd have to join this group to do the collab, but... they'd have to join the group for the collab. I don't suppose there's a downside. :unsuresweetie:

--Sweetie Belle

Flint Sparks
Group Contributor

Oh, like Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon fans are going to abhor joining this group. Oh, the horror! :trollestia:

I'll post the thread explaining the rules tomorrow, when it's actually daytime. :pinkiesmile:

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

It's not like I haven't already posted a thread in the Silver Spoon group and comments in the Diamond Cutter group with links back here. :scootangel: I was kinda a little shameless when promoting this group, which is probably why it's trending...

Sounds good.

--Sweetie Belle

Flint Sparks
Group Contributor

Last thing... I could have a chapter, a chapter at the end (appearance-wise, it will be there at the start of publishing), for drawfriends. A collection of hugging pictures for artists who want it on the huggiest collab ever! :pinkiehappy:
I will totally draw for this.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I have no objection to lotsa pictures of hugging and cuddling ponies. Though I'm no good at drawing. I can edit pictures, and even color them sometimes, though. (I can make banners from other pictures pretty well.) Hmm, wonder if iJab would be interested in adding a picture?

--Sweetie Belle

Flint Sparks
Group Contributor

That would be nice. And for each prompt, for bonus points, you could link a picture you want to be added to your chapter to go with the title. :pinkiesmile:

Oh, and request it!

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, I'm sure iJab'll see it, especially since he's already posted in this thread...

--Sweetie Belle

I vote no clop, definitely.

2409923 Ehh, I didn't come for clop, but some slightly more intimate hugging is fine with me.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

2409948>>2409957

Okay, I wanted to give other ponies a chance, but I'll just go ahead and promote the two of you to admins. Not totally sure if running the group collaboration thread is more of an admin or contributor position, really, so I've left Flint Sparks as a contributor, but might promote him later.

--Sweetie Belle

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

It's just a matter of time before I have power in all groups!

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

2416427>>2416433

Thanks, guys. Er, my skype account is sweetai.belle, but I don't use it much. There are kinda creepy ponies out there on skype.

And I have no idea what you mean, Elric. It's not like I have admin rights in seventeen groups or anything...

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22