M.L.Po-nami Review 47 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
LoneUnicornWriter
Group Admin

Hello all mares and gentlecolts, I am Fantasia Archsage, but you could just call me Archsage. I’m going to end the year with this groups first Fic Review and we hope to get more people doing reviews on them in the near future…
Alright, so I’m gonna again review these two stories, and I hope you guys would take a read at them afterwards. This is so you guys get a feel for our reviews on a whole and hopefully expand this group throughout the community. I would also like for the comments on each review to be either fair or if unfair explaining why and well what you think.
Now onto the review.
The first story is:

Changing Destiny by Pen Brush

Tag: Sad, Random, Slice of Life

Word Count: 2,285 Complete!

Published: August 28th 2013

Views: 695 Likes: 52 Dislikes: 1

(Link)

First off I would like to say that the story was great. I enjoyed the read from beginning to end. I also liked the cover art used for the story. It made me sorta have to read it just watching at the little changeling with it’s green eyes. I couldn’t resist it. Come on guys, you gotta believe me here, take a look if you don’t.

Now the story starts off with the changeling giving a little back story into his past explaining basically who he was and that he didn’t want to be what every pony or equine for that matter portrayed him as.

Over the course of the story, he lives around the ponies and learns everything he could about them and in the process begins to have questions about his race and if what they were doing all before point was right at all.

And by the end of the story, the changeling decided to live in his new life along with ponies and was happy ever after.

I love stories like this one. :rainbowkiss: I walk away feeling happy that stories like these exists you know. I love the way the sentences were written, and I didn’t see anything wrong when it came to grammar and punctuation either. This one-shot was written well, and I think you guys should give it a read.

Po-nami Rating:

Grammar and Punctuation: 5 out of 5
Overall Concept: 5 out of 5 Simply loved it.
Originality: 3 out of 5 Only because this idea was not the first at being attempted.
Story Length: Great. I think it was a great length for writing a story like this.
Cover Art: 4 out of 4 for Great Art and matching great with story.

The next and last story for this review is:

What My Dark Half Is Telling Me by Eskerata

Word Count: 3,897 Complete!

Tag: Sad

Published: October 22nd 2013

Views: 274 Likes: 19 Dislikes: 1

(Link)

Ok, so to start this story was very interesting. The characters were written beautifully for this fic. And it left me saying one word about this story, amazing!

So it starts off with Applejack trying to get a cart overloaded with apples that have sold before the days end, and if she doesn’t, she won’t be able to pay for the family bills.
Pinkie Pie, well that day… out all days lol, started hopping around Applejack saying her greetings and later became an annoyance to Applejack and eventually causing the cart to break even further following a series of events.

It ultimately lead to Applejack getting super pissed and chasing Pinkie off. Applejack later felt terrible for what she did and tries to go over to Sugar Cube Corner and apologized.
Meanwhile, Pinkie was up stairs in the attack where she apparently fell asleep (I can never quote so correct me if I’m wrong) and came into contact with her “Other self”. They have this conversation between themselves which I by the way found to be pretty interesting. And

I really like the concept it gave about helping others there which is why I would like you guys to read this in particular.

After their explanation, Pinkie wakes up to the knocking of a sorry Applejack and well as usual they quick brush off what happened over half an hour ago. Heh… fair enough, that’s Pinkie I guess. It ultimately ends like your usual happy show ending.

I feel in a way this could actually be an episode which is another reason why I enjoyed the story. It gave me the feeling like I was watching an episode of MLP and I usually don’t feel that way to many stories, so again this was yet another splendid fic. Give it a read and trust that you won’t regret it.

Po-nami Rating:

Grammar and Punctuation: 5 out of 5
Overall Concept: 5 out of 5 Simply great, giving an episode feel to it.
Originality: 5 out of 5 Never seen the idea of Pinkie’s other self written so well.
Story Length: Great. I think it was a great length for writing a story like this.
Cover Art:N/A It didn’t have a cover art. By I don’t think it needed one anyways.

Ok, so that it for the reviews. You guys could comment to your hearts content about it and telling if this review was fair or not, tell me what you think of the review overall and we’ll see you guys next time on M.L.Po-nami Review! :raritywink:

For those that didn't get reviewed worry not the others will be reviewed :twilightsheepish:

SQUEE!:pinkiecrazy:Thanks for the review! I'm very flattered that you think this could be an MLP episode.
(I always imagined Pinkamena being voiced by Tara Strong doing her Raven (Teen Titans) voice.)
I'll read Pen Stroke's story later. Pinkamena promise.:pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2