Equestrian Automobile Association 116 members · 102 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25

Well I just turned 16 in July and I have a 1974 Dodge Dart with a slant 6.

Nice car all around but it needs a lot of body work and its hard to find parts for it so in the mean time I want to buy a truck down the road from my house so I can drive that while I restore the dart.
The truck is a 84 Dodge D250.

So the question What kind of car/cars are you driving

The pictures in the are taken off Google, not my cars.

I have a 1997 Subaru Legacy Outback, and a 2004 Mazda 6s V6.

I have a 2000 Chevy silverado 1500.

2006 Subaru Baja, 5 speed manual.

Not for anything close to market value. It even has a name: Jeniveer.

If you really want it, $30,000 not including shipping to wherever you are.

3586351 I figured that was the case. Every one who has one is keeping it. I regret not buying one when I had the chance. It was silver with a five speed too.

I only got mine 2 years ago. It was 20,000 in "as is" condition and immediately put 4,000 into repairs.
So yeah, considering I could have gotten a new WRX for the same cost, I'm a bit attached to it.

Nice rides! I've got a Mustang. Heh, I guess my avatar may give that away though. :raritywink:

A 2001 Grand Caravan Sport with 204,000 and minor deer damage.

And a 97 Grand Marquis with 250,000 and minor door damage (and sweet custom roofracks which you can't really see in the picture).

I've also got a half-dozen other vehicles in various states of drivability: 88 diesel GMC Suburban, 88 Sonoma, 89 S-10, 69 C-10, 78 C-10, 80 P-30, 77 Olds Delta 88, 92 Astro, and about half of a Ford Ranger of unknown vintage (it came with the house).

A picture is worth a thousand words:

3668683 I like the Frankenstein sewn together look on your van. I wonder how Rarity would react to that? Come to think of it, how does Rarity react to stitches in general?

3671144 That is a very clean car. Nice job.

First in my wide range of vehicles in a 1997 Saturn SL2 5 speed. The work beater.

next up is the weekend warrior. A 1997 Chevy k2500 with 320K, Big Block 454 Vortec.

Last, but certainly not least, is my 1948 Federal 25M.

Current car is an '02 Honda Accord with the F23A1. I've done some kinda dumb things to it; put an eBay cold air intake on it and did up the exhaust. Still sounds like a Honda, but it doesn't sound that bad for a Honda; and for being a Honda it has some get-up and go. Comfortable too and a practical first car.

Hopefully, I'm gonna be getting an old 2G DSM soon; either a '95 Talon ESi or a '97 Eclipse RS. If those fall through, MAYBE a '96 Miata.

I got my eyes set on an EK civic hatch when I enter post-secondary or shortly thereafter. like this:

I know this conversation is 2 1/2 years old, but my Baja might be going on the market soon. My wife and I will soon have three cars and a two car garage and I'm weighing my options regarding storage vs sale.

I want to keep and store it, but that may not be a wise choice. Guess you could say I'm probing for interest.

It's got 93,000 miles. Some cosmetic damage to the rear bumper, some paint scratches and annoying rattles. Nothing mechanical. It does go though oil faster than it should, but not too fast to be unmanageable (that issue has varying severity across all Bajas).

5868412 Hmm. Interesting. I'll ask some questions, but I may not work out.

Could you tell me more about it, which trim engine, ETC.?
When you say the Baja burns oil, how much does it burn in 3000 miles?
which state are you in?

It's a base model (no turbo) 5 spd +R manual transmission.
Has single CD player
Power Moon roof
Power windows, power locks
Access door from bed to backseat.
Stock mini spare under the bed + aftermarket full size spare in the bed. (Specially lugs and wrench adaptor stay with the truck)

I live in Southeast Michigan, North-West of Detroit.

@3000 miles you're just about out. I dump a quart in every 600 or so. If I'm going on a long trip I carry a quart in the truck bed. Silver lining is that the cheap conventional stuff lasts the longest, so there isn't a huge cost factor.

Price wise, KBB has it @ $8,600. But, older Bajas in worse condition sell in my area for 10-11k. I'll be asking $13,500.

Unfortunately, its too much money and too far away to put in my garage. Sorry. its a shame because its the one I want without the turbo and a five speed.

As an aside, If the stars had aligned and I could have bought it, it would have been the perfect candidate for an engine build idea I had due to the oil consumption that I'd want to fix. The engine in the Baja is an EJ25, which Subaru put into just about every thing for the most of the last 20 years. the idea is to build an EJ25 with high compression rather then a turbo on it. I'd like to rebuild the motor with high compression pistons and maybe a set of bigger cams to get more air into the the cylinders. The idea is to make a really driveable flat four with give or take 220 HP without boost lag.

I understand. I had just figured I'd give first crack to someone who would likely take good care of it. I could work with you for getting it there, or on cost, but not both.

My sis moved from CT to Brooklyn and is GIVING me her car (a corolla) while I'm in the middle of buying a house. I'm still not certain if the obvious car parking spot on the yard belong to my property or the neighbours'.

5877897 It would have been well taken care of in my stable, and I'm glad you thought of me. I don't have a problem waiting for the next one.

There is half a chance there was something of an agreement between neighbors about it. Do you have a map of the property?

My hesitance is more of a courtesy issue than a legal one. I know that property will be mine, but visually from the street it will look like his front yard rather than my side yard.

5878692 I guess if your worried, you'll have to talk to him about it. My suggestion is to show up with a frosty six-pack.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25