Warriors of Equestria 1,781 members · 1,454 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Looks like we're going to have hero in For Honor, and that guy terrify me.:twilightoops:

I like the shield and sword, though the presence of plate armour on the arms but not the body is strange. Still, you can see maille under the outer cloth wrappings, so he's not poorly protected. Dude could use a helmet though. He'd have to keep his shield up all the time to protect from thrusts, which could impair visibility. Crown might deflect sword cuts, I could see that as a possibility, but a mace or warhammer would go over that just fine. He's got this leather thingy on the front, I'm not sure what that's supposed to do. Unless it has a section of plate within it, cuts and thrusts would ruin it pretty quickly.

Overall, not a bad design, but definitely has some areas to improve on.

If only Ubisoft would fix the damn game!

As a retired conq main, another shield boi might actually make me come back.

Not quite, in actual combat people attacked while still protecting themselves.

In regards to his armor, he could possibly have a coat of plates
Or have chain mail underneath.

And even if he doesn’t have that, if he uses his shield correctly it won’t matter too much.

Yeah, I mentioned that it looks like he has maille underneath. Blocking with shields and attacking was a thing, but I raised the issue that no helmet posed a threat to the head, so he'd be lifting it higher and more often, even if only slightly. That being said, using a shield normally can still impair visibility for that moment.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7