Warriors of Equestria 1,782 members · 1,454 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

I've noticed that this group's been pretty quiet threadwise, so I thought I'd just try to bring some of the old crowd out of hiding.

We've talked about pony fighting styles, weapons in Equestria, hell...we've even debated on whether Earth would stand a chance against the Empire (the answer was no).

What about humanity vs. Equestria? We seem to have the upper hand in terms of technological development, but how would that measure up against magic?

5972321 People think that because Equestria has magic Earth's weapons, *hundreds of years* of training and warfare expertise, and unknown tactics to the Equestrians are nothing compared to magic and ponies...for some unknown reason. But if we're talking about 'who would win' it's humans because Equestrians don't know how to fight like we do, we have the better weapons, tech, and strategy while the Equestrians have magic...and that's about it

5972321 Equestria would have an advantage defending against the humans, but only for a time

the better question would be, how long until Humanity finds a way to counteract or even utilise magic themselves?

5972328 But 1/3 of all ponies can shoot laser beams, well, less if you consider that most unicorns can only cast a levitation spell. We on the other hand only have hundreds, if not thousands, of years of war doctrine to fall back on, versus ponies who have been at peace for a thousand years. We are doomed, clearly. Even if our technology was the same as ponies, my money would still be on humans, because even if pony magic would be a problem at the start of the war I would bet you that by the end it wouldn't be an issues any longer, humans can be rather initiative like that.

qazse
Group Admin

5972328 Plus seance Earth doesn't have magic, that could make use immune to theirs.

5972321 We have weapons and vehicles that can take on a massive explosion, give massive exploduons, fly hundreds of miles an hour and hit others from a moke away. If you ever get the chance watch the show Gate, iit shows what humanity can do to a group still in the mideval times. We would win. Equestria is fucked.

One thing that has to be considered, however, is the psychology of such a conflict. How long would Equestria remain docile while under fire? How long would humanity continue fighting once peaceful equines?

What happens when Celestia finally decides we're worth her time, gets off her cake-fed flank, and brings the sun down on someone?

5972566 How long humanity would fight is largely depend on the goal of the war. Off the top of my head, humanity could be after the natural resources in Equestria, so if they could crush most of the pony resistance they would go straight into occupation mode. That being said, it's not like Humans could just roll over them. The ponies do have training, up to their level at least, but the lack of real combat is sure to make their moral more paper thin than the Imperial Guard. The ponies real advantage would be that humans would likely be the aggressor in this fight, so they would need to pass through some kind of gateway to get to Equestria. If the Ponies acted fast enough, and depending on the size and number of gates, they could funnel the human forces into a kill zone, and end the invasion before it gets started. This, I feel, would be the ponies only real changes to stop them.

As for Celestia and Luna, that would be depend on your personal headcanon. If you go for the living god one, well, I guess we would have to see if a god can survive a missile strike...or ten. Personally, I see alicorns as a more powerful version of unicorns. Regardless, if Celestia brought the sun crashing down it would wipe out her ponies, and other races. Humans on the other hand still have Earth.

5972566 Considering that ponies tend to panic over the smallest of things... they wouldn't last long moral wise. I could see a War ending rather quickly with our superior firepower. I mean, Please, watch Gate, its is the closest representation to what we are talking about. Massive battles ended very quickly, withing months. As for Celestia. Chrysalis beat her on a one on one within 30 seconds, Nightmare Moon beat her in an afternoon, Discord kicked their butts before they found the Elements, and he did it a second time with a few vines, hell, even a storm cloud in the Chrystaling, floored them. And we know nothing canon of the show that simply states that she can harness the power of the sun. I mean, yes, she is an alicorn and has some serious magic, but come on, She's has her fat, cake filled ass kicked on more then one occasion with someone with equal or lesser power, hell she was even so scared she handed her magic, her neices, and her sisters over to Twilight because she was so afraid that she would lose to Tirek...

I doubt we have to worry...

One good sniper and 50 cal to solve the problem of the Princess...

The only advantage the Equestrians have, other than magic, is the layout of the land.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11