Filly Funtasia 62 members · 4 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

It acutally looks pretty decent. The facial expressions are nice, it looks playful, nice building designs, and a large cast. I may have to get used to seeing a unicorn gallop across the sky. Wonder how fast their Pegasi is, and how the heck does having leaves for wings work!?

When I write a crossover, Rainbow is either totally going to flirt with the black stallion, show him the ropes on being cool, or give him pity sex. He looks like that kind of guy. But so far a crossover would be fantastic. I'd wait until a full season goes by until I'd write one though.

No date though, but at least the animation is complete!

Update: Show is natively in Italian, and will premiere in spring 2016 in Italy. 26 episodes for season one. I would guess fall of 2016 for us.

Just keep in mind these guys are school age, so they're teens by pony standards. Pity sex with a kid... well, if that floats your boat.

Also, I only just now noticed that the Elf Fillies can walk on air too, apparently. Well, they do have reindeer in their toy canon, might as well.

Actually... forget crossing over with MLP. Cross over these guys with Equestria Girls. You can get the ages to match more closely, it makes more sense to have competing schools (I haven't kept up with that franchise, but there's been absolutely no inter-school competition worth mentioning in Equestria Girls, has there?), and to top it off you can make a human Battiwigs.

Human... Battiwigs.

I've had to think long and hard on what the animation reminded me of, why I like it, but this new trailers kinda put the hoof on it.

They look like Muppets.

No, really. The 3D models look more like toys than they do comic book characters (like MLP does). They get extremely silly faces in stills and move like puppets. Look at those still images where Rose and Isabella's names are next to their faces. It's the sort of thing you'd expect Miss Piggy to be shown off in. Personally, I think that's an awesome way to go.

Is it going to be in Italian, though? The first trailers with dialogue had English voices, and BRB is a Spanish network, and the toyline is native German.

4783731 We will know more about their exact ages once it airs, but they all seem to be fully grown, which cloud imply adulthood but at a university level education. It's far too early to speculate, since we haven't seen any 'adults'.

The jealous that Rarity will have not being able to fly...

And heck no! Pastel colored ponies go with pastel colored ponies and that's the way things should be. Can't stand the movies, anyways. Ugh.

From what I remember reading on their wiki the Italian version said spring of next year. Maybe it's done by a Spainish studio? And yeah, they look very much like toys. Nothing wrong with that though. And I entirely agree that some of their faces are just adorable and epic, like how MLP is now. We'll see, but I'll give the show a few episodes at least.

And if you watch it past the half way point, I swear the white stallion next to the locker is a alicorn...

Wait, you didn't know? Have you not seen the other trailers? The guy at the locker is called Zack; he's a Star Filly, which is indeed an alicorn. He's in my profile picture, even. The geeky yellow one with the buck teeth is called Fabian. We know he breaks his wing when he falls into the cave with Bella. That's where the whole 'Fusion-Ha!' pose comes from.

The adults in the series are the teachers you see at the top of the tower: there's Bella's Dad, Princess Sparkle (in the middle), Twilight (green Fairy), and I think it was Luna. The one on the far left is a so-far unnamed gym teacher (you can tell by the golden whistle on his neck). The show pitch also speaks of 'coming of age' stories, so maybe they're in their late teens?

It's several studios making it, but it's a Spanish network in charge of European distribution, called BRB Internacional. The company that owns the franchise is called Dracco. You might also hear the name Simba and mentions of a lawsuit against them, but that's not related to this franchise. I found the documents a while back, but they're all in Dutch, so might not be as useful.

4785477 I have seen them, but I guess I haven't studied them as much as I have this one. Guess you could say the massive gaps between them and almost wondering if the show would even make it on air made me wane on my interest of it. Still, this trailer seems to confirm it's coming. But on what channel?...

Haven't studied too much on the magic on the world, but can 'Earth' ponies in this world use magic? Star Filly/Colt, hmm? Perhaps royal blood?

How much bigger are the adults, or is it hard to judge? I remember glancing at the trailer where the girl steals the cupcake, and she seemed to be of equal height to the chef/waiter carrying them. It would at least apply late teens. We could always use horse years, but that's silly.

And I do know the franchise is not new, although I am sure they brought it to animation because they saw how much MLP was making and how much of a fandom it's spawned. It would be asinine to say otherwise.

The royal high school/college/castle/capital does look huge and beautifully constructed though, and they certainly aren't skimping on animation. At this point it's seeing if the show can carry it's own merit, although we will be judging it harshly compared to MLP, considering how high the bar is. Could be a Canterlot University kind of show. Which... might not be a bad thing.

As for the pity sex, if you read my stories, I have absolutely no morals whatsoever. While 'technically' Word of God states the show has only aged the Mane Cast by about 18 months, most of us go by seasons equaling a year, which would push the cast into their early 20's, if their occupations and full time jobs didn't do that already.

I can already see the many crossover ideas dancing in my head already... The Mane Six stuck there for months on end, but time has stopped for their own world, meaning they have no reason to burst a gasket, outside of the insanity of this new world. What troubles Pinkie and Rainbow will get in! What fashionable heart attacks will Rarity have? Lovely...

As for language? I assume nearly every language in Europe, and considering the last trailer was in English, well... English dub is clearly there.

It is insanely hard to judge who's an adult and who's a child based on screen appearance only. I think there's a very subtle difference in the size of the eyes, and some characters have markings around the eyes like Filthy Rich does, but that's about it.

The regular ones are called Princess Fillies. Even the boys. Cedric is one of those, and presumably they have magic too, yes. It's all done with mirrors in the show, or it will be.

The art direction is gorgeous, indeed. Just the way the eyes are made is different from what you usually see, and the backgrounds are jaw-droppingly awesome. They did indeed spare no expense on that front.

4791058 Wait... so they aren't called unicorns? Wouldn't he be called a prince? This... is confusing to me.

Hmm... how would a crossover work. Would the Rarity and Twilight's magic have to accumulate to the new world? I could see some jealousy forming by Funtastia's ponies with what Twilight can do, and with how fast Rainbow can fly. Hmm... Ideas, ideas!

4791058 Hah! I just read about their PrIncess Sparkle! Oh the lolz that will be had, since Twilight is technically a landed princess as well. And the teacher who is also named Twilight! Oh the ideas...

You have Unicorn Fillies, too, yes. But the 'Earth pony' variety is called 'Princess Filly', as a race. So you can have a prince of Princess Fillies, which is what Cedric is. You've also got Elf Fillies; they're slightly harder to tell apart by the pointy ears, but the crown designs are a lot more obvious: they have little wings on them. That's Bella's race. The male Elf Fillies also all have a band on one of their front hooves, that's one way to tell their genders apart.

In general, the prefix of the races isn't used as a noun in its own right, so they do call themselves Unicorn Fillies or Mermaid Fillies, specifically, not unicorns or mermaids. Might just be a trademark thing, though, maybe the show will clarify things.

So, uh, just in case you didn't realise: the two males on the show will be a Princess Filly and a Fairy Filly. Gay ships have sailed with less wind in their sails, no?

And, incidentally, I've been working on an OC already: Edward, the Gargoyle Filly. He's got bat wings :pinkiehappy:

I've already done a tiny little joke with the Twilight talking to Twilight thing, actually. But there's room for expanding it, obviously.

4797917 That's something I'd actively not write, for the entire culture to call themselves fillies instead of ponies. So that's a bit of canon I can scrub out. Just call them Prince/princess ponies. Calling everyone a filly would get annoying, quickly.

Oh my gosh that black fairy colt is so cute. I wanna cuddle him! At first I thought their wings were made of like leafs, so I'm glad to know they aren't. I still think him and Dash will fabulous up the place. "As the lesbian and gay guy here-" Will. There we go.

And are you kidding me? It doesn't matter if theirs an age gap, because Rarity is totally going to have the hots for that Prince. Or try to get Twilight to date him.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13