Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Let's share ideas of what we can do to improve EG.

I'll start: 1. Make the high school a boarding school (it will make sense why the CMC are there)

2. Let everyone be normal skinned

3. LYRA :fluttershout:

My Little Mages is an interesting human universe. why didn't they try something like that.

Azrael the alicorn
Group Admin

an actual competetion for the crown that would have:

1) Made the story much more entertaining;

2) Made the HuMane 5 more than just be there for "Heck, is MLP, there have to be the Mane 5" and be actually useful for them to win as a team and not just a Twilight Sparkle being a princess thing;

3) More chance to have shotouts that would be actually funny;

4) And so much more :yay:

2420373 Are you referring about FlashLight and SpaRity or any other romance that took place in EQ girls?

2420535 Well that's the too shipping I saw......:twilightoops: I there ANY OTHER...

1.) The movie ends in the first 5 seconds.

1) The very idea of the movie never even enters the minds of the hasbro execs.

Okay but serious ideas.

1.) Have the movie take place in a universe that's actually interesting. Someplace where sunset could actually go that doesn't defeat her entire purpose of going there (because she wanted more power).
In other words, not human high school where there's no magic whatsoever.
Here's a few ideas:
a. A hogwarts-esk magic school (that way you can still keep the high school theme while still making it interesting. Plus it would make somewhat sense why the CMC are there.)
b. A setting similar to Game of Thrones/Lord of the Rings/The Elder Scrolls.
c. A post-apocalyptic modern setting. Would introduce another problem of not only getting the crown but using it to fix the world. Do I smell "Fallout Equestria" crossover? speaking of which...
d. Some alternate dimension of the MLP universe. And no I don't mean in the sense of the above examples where it's human versions of the MLP cast in different settings. I'm thinking more along the lines of "Injustice, Gods Among Us" sort of deal where it's pretty much the same Equestria but with some sort of alternate history. Example: Evil/Fallen Celestia and/or evil Main 6, "Nightmare Moon won 1000 years ago" or "No Celestia/Luna/Discord/Sombra" type things where instead of being unified under one equestria, they remained separate/bickering tribes. I'm pretty partial to this one myself, since it opens up another opportunity.
2. ) Spike is not a dog. Okay seriously this was really not needed.
3. ) No Flash Sentry (or if he is, make it so he's not a love interest or stops being one near the end of the movie.) Again, he really is not needed and adds nothing to it except fodder for the wannabe shippers. And for god's sake, make him worth a damn. make him have interests and a personality beyond the simple statement of "twilight's love interest". If you're going to make a love interest for a main character (let alone thee main character,) he has to earn that privilege, else he's no different than the tons of slashfic stus that fimfiction let alone deviantart is already littered with. And even if he's not, there's no excuse for giving him such a bland personality.
4. ) Less Generic Sunset Shimmer: Sunset in the movie was terrible. Almost as bad as Sombra (if not worse than some ways). Instead of being a worthy opposite of Twilight Sparkle, instead we got Diamond Tiara MKII with half her intelligence.
Instead, I'd have her be more of the thinking type. The type that actively uses her powers and planning to foil twilight sparkle and/or trick her. Make her think she's getting somewhere, but isn't. Give her some actual use for the crown rather than just turning into some asspull demon thing and use it to concoct the stupidest take-over-the-world plan ever conceived ever.
Or hell, here's an idea: if you're going the alternate universe route, why not give Sunset some ulterior motives for taking the crown beyond simply the "I wanna rule the world" motief, ones that make her less of a villain and more of an anti-hero/well intentioned extremist? Example, she comes from the "evil celestia" universe and she steals the crown in hopes of defeating her, not to take power for herself. And/or she really doesn't want the crown at all, she just wants to draw the Main 6 into this universe to beat down evil celestia. Or in the post apoc one she doesn't want to take over equestria... she wants to rebuilt the ruined world into her own personal copy of Equestria, to end the suffering and war that plagues the world she lives in. Something that makes her more sympathizable than a simple throwaway twoliner.
5.) Drop the Y rating. If you're going to make a movie and and all sorts of shout-outs to the brony community, why not drop the Y rating to begin with? Go with something with more freedom like a G or T rating.
6.) Do not insult the intelligence of the viewer. Well, this goes without saying, but really. In other words, no painfully obvious brony appeals. Make the shoutouts integrated rather than segregated.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11