Anti-Flash Sentry 176 members · 41 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Ok, let me start out by saying that I am not much of a fan of Equestria Girls and am heavily biased in favor of Friendship is Magic.

When it came to that first movie, other than a stupid love interest, what purpose did he serve? I really think the movie would have been better had he not been in it. Who knows, I may have grown to like more than the Dazzlings out of that franchise had they not pushed that in the beginning.

Here is the big problem with him. He is the cliche "cool guy" that the girls would fawn over in the 1950s. He had a cool car, cool looking leather jacket and he played the guitar. That is it, that is all he had. Hell it was no wonder that so many guys despised him. He likely resembled the guy in high school that many guys envied because he was dating the girl they wished they had the courage to ask out or had been shot down for not being that "cool guy." Now did I hate him over the waifu thing?, no I hated him because he resembled a child of a privileged life.....fancy (likely expensive car), overall being well liked (I was an outcast growing up) and the musical talent.

Now when it came to the show, he was literally irrelevant and only made two cameo appearances in season 4. After that, the writers never put him in there again and I personally think that was a good thing....all he would have done was piss people in the old guard, those who viewed Twilight as their waifu, especially if they decided to cheapen Twilight by having her engage in a Disney movie style romance....princess and soldier......if you can even call an Equestrian guard pony that.

I honestly think Equestria Girls would be better for him and if they just had to have Twilight have a love interest without him, why not a nerdy guy....a guy she would actually have things in common with? That was another thing that was ridiculous about that, they'd have nothing in common. It was just an annoying school girl crush that Twilight Sparkle from Equestria would never have....they really dumbed her down when they sent her to the human world. They turned her from an intelligent princess into a dingbat, a mindless dingbat and made it all the worse over a dumb boy.

Luckily he never became a thing in FiM, he would have ruined it.

7121201 Another thing, both of them know nothing at all about eachother. Glad he never came back and the ship died quickly.

As am I. I do notice that there are a fair amount of people who seem to actually like it. You see so much of that shit on Facebook in pony groups and more positive reactions than negative reactions. On those posts I always state that if you go by the show alone that they've never even met.

Ah, this topic takes me back in the first days, when I would tear every single thing of the EQG franchise.
Yes, Flash Sentry is a useless character and his romance with Twilight is some of the worst one ever conceived.
The two bump into each other and Twilight instantly falls over him?
That alone is cringe inducing crap, but then you must also take into account of how OOC Twilight is. She's not Rarity, she doesn't look after a knight in shining armor with a pretty face.
Let's face it, out of the Mane 6, she's the one which would probably remain single.
And if she would ever fall in love it wouldn't be an instant thing, but more of a slow bulding feeling, with someone that has an actual personality that goes beyond being one-dimensional.
That said, FlashLight just doesn't work. The fact that Twilight falls in love with both human and pony Flash is messed up.
And not just because they are the same person, but because while she knows little of human Flash, she knows even less of pony Flash.
And his name is Flash Sentry, which rings a little too much close to Shining Armor.
Add to that the way Twilight appears to really love his big bro, and I have the feeling that Twily has quite Lannister gene in her, and wouldn't mind to play the part of Cersei, with Shining being Jaime, if you get what I mean.

Jokes aside, the only reasons people pair this two together were because at the time they thought it would be canon, and two they thought they looked cute.
And that's sadly something that has being going around on the internet along with the "easely forgiven" trope.
People or, even worse, writers, prefers to pair up characters just because of how cute they look, and not for their chemistry.

I am glad that this pair pretty much dead (beside some rare FlashLight fan that still post fanart about it) and I hope that anything that spin-off of Gen 4 they will not try to resurrect it, even if it is a joke.

moviemaster8510
Group Contributor

7121201 When I first saw it, I was kind of hoping he’d be a secret accomplice with Sunset and kind of burn the love-interest trope to the ground. To think, they’d have beat Disney to this exact punch a few months prior...

His existence is a mistake, just like FlashLight, and only bump each other and insta love, thats just stupid. Twilight is a pony in a human world, she should be curious about this new creatures, no just pateticaly fall in love.

He was a excuse to trying to stop that Twilight been shiped with Shining, the guard part and Rainbow (TwiDash) for the pegasus part, good that it didn't work, and he just ended like a cameo in his own world

I only watched the first movie and some minutes of the second, the next I didn't want to waste my time.

Saddly in the episode of "the last problem" he makes a cameo, an unecesary one, Hasbro could use Star Tracker intead of him, Star was named honorary family member, and that would be better. That cameo ruin the episode for me. :twilightangry2:

What he does in that episode?

Only appear, altmost at the end of Twiligh part, but it was enough for make me revolt my stomach.

Ok, what was even the point of that?
Flash doesn't do anything at all. He's just...there.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9