Anti-Flash Sentry 176 members · 41 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

In the wake of EQG 3, scenarios I am thinking of would involve human Twilight being continuously bugged by Flash to remember before she finally screams at him to leave her alone.

Or pony Twilight going back to human Flash and he acts the way most typical teenage boys would: make clumsy sexual advancements, breaking up (Look, you're nice but I'm kinda bored with this relationship, so...)

No, because much as I hate Flash, the fan-venom towards him should never seep into the show (unless for poops and giggles) for a few reasons. First off, if Twilight yelled at him and they never reconciled, Flash Sentry/FlashLight fans would either declare Twilight a bitch or throw a fit and start making stupid petitions to change it (they seem convinced a petition means they can force someone to do what they want). Secondly, it would give Flash an angle of sympathy, which would drive Flash fans absolutely nuts. Finally, it would just be way too dramatic.

The best thing to do is to find a simple, easy way to end the romance, and either let Flash develop as his own character, or let him fade away.

4748558 I would say let him fade away the way he has in the show. If he gradually fades into oblivion, the Flash fans might get upset but they won't decide to hate Twilight. And yes, the whole FlashLight thing has caused a lot of drama in the fandom. If he simply disappears, so will the drama.

I think the best way to do it is end it officially, but without venom - just have Twilight tell Flash that she likes him but doesn't like him that way. Still, how likely it is they'll do that I cannot say.

4813933 Pony Tom, are you talking about in Equestria Girls or in the TV show. I don't think they've ever said a word to one another in the TV show so in it they could simply never have him show up again....which he hasn't so far and given that I saw Scare Masters when it was leaked he isn't in it either. I am guessing that if he does not show up in season five at all, pony Flash is GONE. Regarding human Flash, I think your suggestion would be good. That would end that problem. Yes the FlashLight shippers would be upset but oh well, there is no pleasing everypony.

If they did want to address the controversy, maybe there would be news about Flash being transferred to another guard unit far away, Rarity treats it as a tragedy because he and Twilight were meant to be while someone else (maybe AJ or RD) argues that the two hadn't spoken to each other since Twilight's first trip through the mirror and that you can't have 'true love' with someone you barely know and hardly ever see. Twilight adds fuel to both flames, saying that yes, it was just a passing fancy and no, Flash wasn't an awful pony. Things would get uglier until Twilight shouts both sides down for getting so infuriated over her (non-existent) love life. Maybe her speech would say that yes, maybe the bump could've become something more, but the fact that she didn't take the chance and see him again means that she didn't really want a relationship at all.

4814996 But you see, Hasbro wants to please everyone.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7