Fallout Equestria: Crossovers 237 members · 110 stories
Comments ( 27 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 27
G-man64
Group Admin

I'm not going to sugar coat it. Let me start by telling you all the series I love. Outside Nintendo there's three I really love. Castlevaina (classic and metroid not god of), Shin Megami Tensei (any and all), and Mega Man. The last one well to put it bluntly we need to give it all the help we can.
Mega Man was once Capcom's cash cow and now? All they seem to do is cancel them. No really four within the span of weeks a few years ago and nothing new since. The biggest thing to happen to this once awesome series is that he'll be in the next Smash Bros. and the board game (by the way if you haven't yet help the Kickstarter I want to play as Roll).
But onto the topic those of you who followed me last year (or have looked at my backlog of blogs) know that today is Mega Man's anniversary. Last year I made a blog explaining someone needs to do a FoE Mega Man. Since then I expanded the idea (kinda). Look I always offer my help but this one I'll do all I can to help whoever wants to make this dream a reality. These are two of the things I care the most about and one of them is starting to falter. I'll do all I can to help bring Mega back into the spotlight. So who's with me? Who will help one of the greatest icons of gaming history reclaim his glory? Who shall join me in this holy crusade?

A...Mega man...crossover...with Fallout Equestria.
Dunno how it can work...but mega man is my first game i played...i guess I'll join you on this crusade then?

G-man64
Group Admin

Even after asking the Megaman Fanbase group :ajsleepy: Aw well at least one person cares :pinkiehappy:

G-man64
Group Admin

Yep. So I'll PM you later and we can hammer out how it's gunna happen.

*pokes head in*

Know this has been up for a bit, but I will at least mention that I have a interest in the nature of such a crossover, despite the fact that I'm only a passive fan of the original Mega Man series. I say 'original' because, while I only played a few of the actual side-scrolling series Meg Man is actually known for, I was, and still am, a rather huge fan of the much under-appreciated and underrated Mega Man Legends games. So, while I doubt I'd be much help for doing a crossover involving anything regarding the Mega Man and Mega Man X style stuff other than spitballing ideas on how to fit into FoE, I certainly wouldn't mind adding my own bit with any twists or concepts from the Legends games. I especially like the idea of throwing the Bonne family in there somewhere.

G-man64
Group Admin

I need to play more Legends. I've only played part of the first and wasn't a fan. But I was also just beginning to be a gamer and thought all Mega Man games were Battlenetwork, this was a time when I also got angry at Zero saying it was to hard (something I'd never say nowadays (I'm a ferm believer that if you think a game's hard you should power through)). I mean I was one of those people who got a 3DS for Legends 3 (only for Capcom to say the fans didn't want it enough yes because we really wanted a fourth version of Street Fighter four and on-disk DLC). I'd gladly play a legends game if I came across one I could play. But we could probably find some way to squeeze in Legends canon. I mean if you look it up all Megaman games (other then Battlenetwork and Starforce because they're a different timeline where it was computers not robotics that advanced) are part of the same canon. Probably wouldn't be hard.

Especially because I'd be in it almost purely for the Bonnes, who really stole the show in that series. It can be hard to track down a hard copy of the Legends games without resorting to ebay, and admittedly it has been... geez, like at least ten years since I played them. I'd need to watch a let's play to refresh my memory some, but as I recall the Legends really does have a pretty different set up than the other Mega Man games, but adding the Bonnes, who are really just stereotypical wacky air pirates, would be easy no matter what kind of plot you wanted to do.

So the real questions come down to how to inject Mega Man (or are we going with Mega... Mare?) into FoE? Shouldn't be all that hard, given the war with the zebras really did give the ponies every excuse to create any kind of experimental program they wanted. I could easily see something like Mega Man and/or any of the Robot Masters being products of a combined effort between the MoAS and MoWT to create new soldiers for the war.

G-man64
Group Admin

I explain it a bit in the G-doc. And from what I understand the Bonnes really were the best part. I mean come on SERVBOTS

And whenever they use someone to represent Legends it's always Tron Bonne (and by extension her little helpers). Marvel Vs. Capcom, Project X Zone, Namco Vs. Capcom. The only time I can think of when it was someone else was Tatsunoko vs. Capcom when it was Mega Man Volnutt and classic Mega Man was represented by Roll. Not that I'm complaining I think that Mega's little sis deserves a lot more respect then she gets. Man I hope we reach that stretch goal on the board game's Kickstarter and she gets a token (19 more days to make $8000 think they'll do it?).

G-man64
Group Admin

2421438 2493907
So I thought of a few things we should probably decide on before we work on a prologue.
1. Light's stance on weapons: Light always has the same stance on Robots. They're meant to help humanity (or equineity as the case may be) not to be meant as weapons. But in some media he had done military contracts to finance his real research (robots with souls which is what the robot master program accomplished). Some examples are the Archie comic (that's when he first made Blues was as a military project in that one man that was a good scene the fear he had when his son was hurt during the exercise to show the potential of the robots he had built). That's also why he was able to give Rock weapon systems. (this is also the explanation used in the fan film but I can't remember why he built the weapons for Blues in the first place)
Or the other option is use the Megamix example where he explained the only reason he knew weapon systems is that he researched them in order to make Fire and Elec man use their powers effectively. This one showed that he didn't ever want to do combat robots but when push came to shove he did what he had to. (I know we're using the scene from Megamix where Rock tells light to modify him because even if he didn't he would still go out there because they were his brothers and he felt he needed to stop them every time I read that it makes me feel so good).
Second is Wily's previous relationship with Light. There's so many explanations for this.Wily was Light's assistant but was annoyed by all the fame Light got so he re-programed the robot masters, they were colleagues but didn't see eye to eye because of their different views on robotics (mainly Wily saw the potential for power and Light thought he was mad so if we did this we should probably go with the Light refusing militarily path), Wily dissaperd after academy but then came back and did the schemes.
Basically what I'm saying is there's so many ways we could do their former relationship that we should probably get this in place.
Also should we include robots from the comics? I'm asking because a love triangle with Quakewoman could be very entertaining
So what should Light's stance on military be, what should his and Wily's relationship have been, and should we include characters from sources of media other than games?

Well, my assumption with Light is that he'd probably be pressured by the Ministries to develop weapons for his Robots. He'd resist this, and may even possibly be ostracized or taken in by the Ministry of Moral as a zebra sympathizer because of his refusal to develop weapons for Equestria; however he'd probably get out of such trouble once it became clear he just was a pacifist for the most part. Dr. Wily would certainly be all over building weapons though, and Light, seeing the potential danger of equipping sapient Robots with powerful weaponry, might reluctantly develop designs for Mega and his brothers; but he may just have left them as designs, not actually build them. That'd lead to a interesting side-quest in the story where Mega and Roll have to track down Light's blueprints and designs for weapons, armor, and upgrades (like in Megaman X?). He might start off with nothing, and have to use FoE weaponry at first, and the first design he finds is for his Buster, which Roll builds. That'd give Roll something to do, as the one who builds Mega's upgrades. Also, think it might be cool to give them the Flutter, from Legends, the airship the pair use to get around?

As for Wily and Light's relationship I see them as college buddies who got along great in the early days, but diverged in purpose and philosophy as the result of the Great War. It's important to keep the FoE elements and concepts tied into a crossover story, so having Light and Wily falling out as a result of the war is a good idea in my book, especially if it's built around the notion that Wily is an ambitious patriot who designed combat Robots to protect Equestria, and seeing Eqeustria being destroyed bit by bit during the war made him more and more bitter, angry, and generally nuts. The whole FoE idea of losing one's virtue and becoming corrupted by the Wasteland.

On a side note, I'm thinking the Bonnes are actually ex-Steel Rangers. The Steel Rangers are a pretty insular group, so a lot of them are born into it; so I'm thinking Tron and Tiesel Bonne were born as Steel Rangers, but after their parents were killed in action and their littlest brother badly injured, Tiesel and Tron have a falling out with their Steel Ranger bretherin. They steel a bunch of tech from their bunker, creating a cyber body for their little brother Bon, and then head out into the Wasteland to seek their fortune. Due to Tron's massive technophile tendencies and mechanical knack she builds all the groups vehicles and weapons, but also coming across some of Dr. Light's research on sapient Robots she designs and builds the Servebots. To keep themselves in caps they scavenge ruins, but with an interest in finding a specific ruin called the Mother Lode, which is a Steel Ranger myth about a massive pre-war facility built to contain a large portion of weapons, manufacturing goods, food, and magical talismans, built by Stable Tech as a sort of logistical back-up for the Stables once they opened up to repopulate the surface. To make their search faster the Bonnes have constructed an airship from the remains of a downed Enclave Raptor that they've entirely rebuilt from the ground up. They now raid Enclave facilities for valuable tech. They'll probably run afoul of Mega and Roll when they're both going for the same ruin or old Stable or something along those lines.

G-man64
Group Admin

All of these work great I'll get on a prologue A.S.A.P.

G-man64
Group Admin

2523524 2421438
Alright it took me a bit but I finally got the main point. After Roll finds Mega in the underground area they go to the library to look up about Light. They set out to his lab and enter it because of Rock being his lab assistant. They learn about his research and set out to find Rocks siblings (after Roll sets him up with the Buster). Along the way they learn about the other Doctors who built upon his research (Cossak, the chick from the comics (I've decided to include Quakewoman), and Wily). So they search for some of them as well.
Skullman will use his Megamix interpretation (he'll be the only combat robot Cossak built but he was deactivated (I'm thinking after a training accident) in having gotten a grudge angst humanity for his being locked away basically becoming the Reaper (scythe and all).
And Bass. Well he's basically Mega. The final creation of Wily a final chance at glory (still thinking about how to have Wily get the weapon plans). Mega to a T but with enhancements from Wily's previous combat robots and without the three laws.
EDIT: Never mind about how he gets the blueprints I'll Mega Man 3 it
The Bonnes will be met in a Stable after they're searching for one of Megas brothers. And are decedents of Bon Bon (why because I think that's intrusting).
Roll is a decedent of Cossak from his daughter Klinka.
And that's the ideas I have so far.

Sorry i wasn't here for a while i was kept busy with family matters.

G-man64
Group Admin

It's alright. We didn't discuss anything anywhere but here.

yeah i feel like a big dick when i can't help where i said i can help. :fluttershysad:

G-man64
Group Admin

Well you're here now. So let's forget the past and focus on the present.

G-man64
Group Admin

Alright. So your opinions on the ideas that have came along or any ideas of your own?

Well i got a question before i got a opinion,

will Willy play a active role in this,like alive, this is a stupid question since mega man without willy is stupid question i just wanted to know.

G-man64
Group Admin

Not unless he's a ghoul. The story itself is post-war but Wily has a huge pre-war role, and all his Robot Masters in post-war. It'll make sense when its ready.

G-man64
Group Admin

Well the plan was to have his robots be the antagonists. I was probably thinking we go with the idea that 2523524 put forth about his virtue getting corrupted. Remember they have souls but in the end they're still machines they still will think its that age long gone and wake up only doing what they were meant to do. With a few exceptions (Skull Man using his Mega Mix interpretation of being bitter from being sealed away (Cossak never wanted to build him long story I'll explain if you want) and Bass being well Bass). Wily set a lot of events in motion hundreds of years ago but he's not the direct antagonist. Well that's what I was thinking anyway.

G-man64
Group Admin
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 27