Anti-Depression Ponies 1,888 members · 2,441 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
EverfreePony
Group Admin

Feel free to vent about it a bit more. Encountering a person who is suicidal or who is signalling for help in this way is taxing on the mind. You may attempt to talk to that person—which I see you already did—and you may contact the side staff or the person’s close friends if you know who they are. That way it may be possible to get him some help IRL, should it be needed. There’s not much else you can do.

Furthermore, if you’re worried or disgusted by that one commenter belittling the OP… I can kinda see where they are coming from, since many people have done this in their blogs in the past. However, even if the person is not in immediate danger, it’s still a clue that something might be amiss. Moreover, I’ve head an acquaintance of mine on the phone talking pretty much like this guy while eating foxglove leaves, so it’s better to never underestimate such blogs and other statements.
(Side note on the acquaintance, as I don’t want to scare you even more: He survived. Two leaves could kill a person of his size. He ate five, but threw up at the bitter taste. An ambulance came for him soon after.)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2