Twist! 267 members · 94 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Exactly what the title says, I have a twist story written (I mean, Twist is the best filly, after all) and I need a spectacular amazing cute cover image. I normally use screen caps out of the show, straight from the mlp wiki gallery, but I can't find a decent one with Twist.

Of course aynone who does give me permission for use of their image, will be linked, and there will be a shout out.

Still, I need a cute Twist, anyone can help?

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Have you checked this thread for ideas?
You may also want to check this Twist gallery on DeviantArt.

3532805 Oh! My facebook-meme-internet ridden young mind posted this without proper reseach! Where is the world going to!

(that wasn't me being a sarcastic jerkass, it was just self deprecation)

I'll see if I can convince one of them to let me use one of their images, Let's hope!

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

it was just self deprecation

I can dig it. :twistnerd:

Hope you can find something that works for you. Although it's my understanding that the majority of the time, the artist doesn't even respond to these requests. As long as your cover image links back to the source material, it's typically not a problem...

3532824 It appears my deviantart searches gave me a case of the fluffy heart. And the terrible audible repeated occurence of "Awww".

It also may have given me pony related cuteness overload. I blame you!

(Thanks)

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

I'm more to blame than you think! I've helped that group assemble their collection of Twist art!

3532824 If I may ask, how do you guys at the group portray her? i mean, I know she, as a (rather unfairily) background pony who has no interactions outside of that one episode and those gags here and there I could do whatever I want.

But what is the norm?

I usually depict her being friends with "Dinky" and "Ruby" (which supposedly are the daughters of derpy and berry), as they form their own version of the cmc, only with no cutie mark related prospects. Then they each got their own personality (think harry potter, or avatar), Dinky is the bookworm who's sorta like a hermione or a twilight, who is all about the rules. Ruby is the hot headed cuckko crazy of the group (like, some sort of luna? Something like that) that doesn't really ,measure her words, and Twist is the straight man (Herm, filly) of the group, very in the middle, regular sort of pony, like, she balances the other two out, has a healthy respect for rules but can break them, and sometimes loses her cool as well.

What about you people?

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

There is, of course, quite a bit of room for interpretation, but you may find this older thread interesting. It starts with a repost from the original (long-since deleted and much smaller) Twist group...

Long story short: she easily fits some "nerd" stereotypes, but if you watch her in the show, she also defies some as well...

3532873 Is it because of the glasses? Is it?

This may sound douchey but to me she looks like ither Milhouse from the simpsons, or Napoleon Dynamite, maybe it's the glasses and curly mane? The lisp?

I dunno.

3532873 I ended up using an image from the shoiw since it fit my purpose either way. But thank you for the help!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11