Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Goldenwing
Group Admin

Greetings, oh folk of the group.

The Writer's Council has been discussing the nature of the group, and we've decided two things:
1. It's not active enough.
2. The community is not tight enough.

To fix this, we've come up with a few simple solutions. First, we're going to put a limit to how many people we put in this group. Second, we're going to start sponsoring contests.

The member limit is going to be set at thirty, including the 13 members of the Writer's Council and the 3 others who are not members but are otherwise indisposable (mostly writers). If you're a member of the Council, a writer, or anyone else that partakes frequently in the Council's chats, you don't have to worry about being kicked.
As for the rest of you, there's 47 members in this group, and that means 17 of you are going to get kicked. Now chances are if you're reading this and feeling worried, you're probably fine. At least you're not one of those fellows that joined, made a post, and never came back.

Now about the contests:
To inspire a sense of community and bolster contributions, the Writer's Council has decided to hold contests! These contests will consist of three types: Character Contests, World Contests, and Council Contests.

World Contests will be the most common type. The Council will hold them regularly, asking for members to write lore about certain aspects of the world. The best submissions become canon!

If the Council needs a character to fill a role but can't find one that fills it well, then we'll hold a Character Contest. We'll tell you what role the character or characters need to fill, and the best submissions will get the honor of being included in the story. If it's good or lucky, it may even end up becoming a recurring character that us writers intertwine into our many devious subplots!

Council Contests are the most rare, and aren't really formal contests like the others. Whenever a member of the Council leaves, the most deserving member of the group will be given their seat. The best way to get it, of course, is to contribute often, and contribute well!

Now just because we're holding these contests doesn't mean you should just stop contributing normally and only do them. All contributions are appreciated, although contest contributions will be appreciated more since they'll always serve the story's needs at the time.

Once Chapter 1 is completely published, the Council will purge the least deserving members from the group until only thirty remain. I'm going to go prepare the first contest now. Look out for it!

Will there be several contests before the Purge?

God I feel like this is a game show now.

Drizzle Quill
Group Contributor

This is a very good idea, and I admit that as a writer I haven't exactly been super active. I think I'll try to comment more around, and sorry for not doing so earlier. :twilightsheepish:

2566763 World lore, eh? I can do that.

2566763 I hope I'm safe, as well as Yoh, Rags, and Garbo. The crew at Irrevocable are working hard and trying to get the first chapter done ASAP, but midterms are coming up for some of us. I have time to write, but I have to juggle that with studying and online classes that I'm past due for because of notification issues.

So, basically, I have time, but not as much as I used to. This will be resolved soon, and I will be back at full throttle.

Please don't hurt me

The team with the side-story have been rather...busy, including myself. Midterms, district standardized tests, applying for college, and the like have been really a pain. Like Ice said, we'll be ramping up production.

M3Xkillers
Group Contributor

2566907 Well, then. Prepare yourselves! :trollestia:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8