Metal Bronies 189 members · 49 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
BlabideeblahMLP
Group Contributor

I know it's a dumb question, especially since I have my own answer to the question, but it's more so I know better what metal I'll be able to talk about freely should I post a thread here. I listen to metalcore, deathcore, and djent more than anything else I can think of, and while I do listen to blackened doom and other metal every now and again, 99.99% of the time its core.

So, with all that said, do you think core applies as "real metal"?

So, with all that said, do you think core applies as "real metal"?

As far as I'm concerned, it is. And even if it wasn't, it'd still be awesome.

Illumipony
Group Contributor

>Heavy distorted guitars
>Rough growling vocals
>Lyrics generally about violence, death, and Satan
>General atmosphere of aggression and machismo

No, it's fucking polka music.

BlabideeblahMLP
Group Contributor

>Lyrics generally about violence, death, and Satan
>General atmosphere of aggression and machismo

Those two don't apply to metalcore that much. Just google "The Amity Affliction".

Yeah, and all that stuff with Satan is more "black metal" than metal in general. And a lot of metalcore bands are Christian.

"Meanwhile, there has been a significant number of Christian metalcore bands, building on the genres of Christian metal and Christian hardcore; bands with Christian members include Zao, Haste the Day, The Devil Wears Prada, Norma Jean, August Burns Red, Texas in July, Oh Sleeper and Underoath."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metalcore#Ideologies

Shitter Pounder 69
Group Contributor

Theres no such thing as "real" or "fake" metal in the eyes of the metal world, its all in the eye of the beholder and dependent on ones own tastes

BlabideeblahMLP
Group Contributor

5801898 Really? Because everywhere I look on any online article or video talking about core or nu or some other modern metal genre, 60% or more of the comments are from "old school" metalheads screaming that it's not real metal and anyone who says otherwise is just kidding themselves.

Patriot Pony
Group Contributor

I love metalcore music, and I say it`s a metal music in Heavy Metal genre and culture.

5801610 That's melodic metalcore.
Metalcore is represented by a few bands that a lot of people hate but it's mislabeled very often. There'sa few subgenres for it, and even some of the melodic stuff isn't bad.
But it's definitely metal regardless, anyone else who says it isn't is upset because of the clothing that some of the bands wear.

Shitter Pounder 69
Group Contributor

5802035 So? does that really matter at all to your own perception of it all? I certainly dont get all worked up whenever you call grindcore (one of my favorite genres) "not real music" so why should you if some other dude decides to voice their opinion on a genre.

Shitter Pounder 69
Group Contributor

5802035 and when I say "the metal world" im not even thinking about the community, im thinking of the actual music and where it comes from.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12