Power Ponies HQ! 429 members · 218 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

Me and a friend have a Power Ponies Story in progress and we're looking for ideas on what kind of hero, anti-hero, and/or villain-turned-hero would fit her character.

Plot twist: She's just Starlight, a neutral pony who doesn't need superpowers to be stronger than everyone else because magic.

For Starlight as a villain, I think that the ability, gained through magical study or some other method, to not replace but overwrite ponies' cutie marks would be interesting. She would blot out a pony's cutie mark and replace it with a simple marker drawing of a sword or a loaf of bread or what have you. She would give ponies new abilities and skills, and could change them around at will. They'd never be quite as good at their new skills as a natural-marked pony, but they would have one advantage—fanatical loyalty to Starlight. Or "Tutor" or "The Cutie Marker" or whatever we're calling her.

As too how this power might change after Starlight's reformation—maybe she stops replacing cutie marks and just enhances them temporarily? Grants brief hypercompetence or a flash of insight?

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

Interesting idea....

Maybe some sort of Mandrake The Magican send-up?

Limited telepathy, master of illusions, and one snappy dresser.

A big part of Starlight's... well, EVERYTHING is how obsessively she sees magic as her one and only tool to tackle near every problem, so a magic type hero seem like a fit. And with a the more limited toolbox of 'Horse Pun: The Trickster' or whatever, she'd actually have to move outside her comfort zone by using her wits instead of just some new spell.

Dr. Strange, power pony name could be Professor Hoofwink (hoodwink), or something in that vein.

5988959 I like other people's suggestions and interpretations, but mine is that she can possibly disable powers, maybe through a staff like she did in the series? Starlight can neutralize any abilities one might possess or swap them around (like she did in A Royal Problem).

5988959 Mind control. She can get anypony to do her bidding. Maybe something like Purple Man from Marvel, who can get people to do anything just by telling them to.

Doctor Doom, no question.

She's a nutty, perfectionist, dictator, and it ties in perfectly with her ability to wield magic.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10