Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Viking Hoof
Group Admin

First) Roleplay will take place in a chapter like fashion. Everything will carry over between chapters, but the goals and events that occur revolve around the current Chapter. (Kinda like March of War)

This chapter is called Germanes and Griffobs. It centers around the trade war between Scandineighvia and Germaneigh, their competing canals, and the sometimes thin line between business competition and military conflict.

This is also the alpha for the roleplay, and it will hopefully set the pace and design for the Beta, and when we really start.

Firstly all players will submit their noble/business/military/politician ponies, their descriptions (standard stuff) in this thread, and include their political preferences, religion, their social politics, and a short background. Post in this thread.

After everyone who is going to participate this chapter submits (or slightly before) we will begin accepting submissions for political parties. They must have the party's major policy points, along with their general policies.

Finally. We will let politicians run for the all thing, Senate, and for President.

First character
Name: Storm Surge

Race: Unicorn

Cutie Mark: A Sextant over a map.

Other Physical attributes: Storm Surge boasts a jet black coat, complimented by a dark red mane which he oft styles into a duel Mohawk of sorts. While this is usually frowned upon, Surge has proved himself competent enough for this to be overlooked. Another thing that makes Storm Surge stand out in a crowd is his scarred and pitted face, coming from years of service aboard serving military ships.

Backstory: Storm Surges family line originated from some of the oldest unicorn bloodlines in Equestria, supposedly being related to princess sapphire herself. However, as the years went on, the family became less obsessed with preserving the purity of its bloodline, and intermingled with other bloodlines of worth.
Storm Surge himself can trace his family line back to its origin with the Spectrum family merging to create the Surge bloodline, which causes most of the family to be born as Pegasus, it being a more dominant allele than that of the Unicorn. This makes Storm a valuable asset to the Surge family, and they were against his intentions of joining the navy. Never the less, he signed up, serving on-board multiple air-ships as a lieutenant, before being given his first command, and rising through the ranks to a full captain.
Storm himself is very modest when it comes to his own past, hating the fact that many see his position attained only because of his ancestry. However, he has proved on multiple locations that this is not the case, and is instead based on his knowledge of air-ship navigation and combat, and his charisma with any crew he serves with.

Special talent: Navigation across oceans

Position: Lord Admiral of the Navy

Religion: Atheist

Political Faction: Fiscal conservative

Political Status: High in matters concerning the military, considered low in other regards.

Noble bloodline (if any): Surge. A split of family from the Spectrum bloodline. Seven generations from main Spectrum bloodline.

Possible second (Don't like as much)
Name: Tony Mare

Race: Earth Pony

Cutie Mark: A pair of scales held up by a Minotaur fist.

Other Physical attributes: A large handlebar moustache.

Special talent: Tony Mare has always been an extremely proficient negotiator, able to convince others to see points from his way, even if they are contradictory to the original points. He does this by being extremely charismatic, giving speeches that include everyone in the audience, and making them see him as a normal stallion, rather than a politician. He is far from perfect however, and he has often voted for decisions that have seemed controversial, and are almost always overruled. The votes are almost always to do with matters concerning military action abroad, and he has been quick to publically announce that the recent incursion into Scandineighvia was only the first step on the road to war, and called for a pre-emptive strike.

Position: senator

Religion: Fantasi

Political Faction: Labour

Noble bloodline (if any): None

Home County (nearest city): Bitgen

Financial status: Rich

Won't be available to actually start for 7-8ish hours

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1885279 *sorry* Addendum, players can pick one positive attribute, and must add a negative attribute for each and every positive attribute after the first. Having many attributes is in of itself a positive attribute.

1885099 Are we allowed to play Gryphons?

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1885279 also, what's his social politics?

F4D3
Group Admin

I think it might be a better idea to just recreate the character sheet, and go from there, seeing as there's some confusion right now.

1885410 Thank you just wanted to know. :twilightsmile:

1885410 Also what kind of military do the griffons have. As in is it more old style in ranks or is it like ours in ranks.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1885491 more old style. They are just tech behind.

1885819 So things like Knights and Squires, or older as in pirate times. I know I am asking a lot of questions, and I should have done this earlier, but I need to know this for my character and I'm not very good at thinking ahead.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1887034 like world War 1 stuff. Equestria is slightly past world war 2 and is past that air navy wise. Plz create yo char in that new thread.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14