Apple Scratch Verse 275 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

We know a few beasts that lives in the Everfree Forest: Manticores, Ursa, Minotaurs and Ghorgons, Timberwolves, Hydras, Cockatrices... or dragons in some fics...

But what could there be more in the Everfree?

Titles says it all, Give your suggestions on beasts that could be living in the Everfree :twilightsmile: Mythological beasts, monsters of your nightmares,... Help me creating some awesome bestiary for Equestria's most dangerous forest :pinkiecrazy:
(Or any other place in Equestria, I'm not that difficult :twilightsmile:)

Oh how about the TITANOBOA? A snake that lived forty million years ago. It's head is about the size of a average man and it ate, among other things, Alligators. And remember Twilight is afried of snakes.

a shapeshifting monster that could turn into the darkest fears of whoever looks it in the eyes. take that, flutterstare :fluttercry:

1 word
Boggart :derpytongue2:

1828790 right, knew it had a name

Well, goats are a species in FiM, so El Chupacabra would be an amusing addition. :trollestia:

Maybe a Beholder is deep inside. Just open a D&D Beastiary to a random page and choose a monster. My theory about the Everfree Forest is that it is WAY larger on the inside. Like the TARDIS but bigger and leafier if it matters.

I'm planning on adding the Basilisk into my future story. The most common depiction of a Basilisk is a enormous snake. But the Basilisk is known for its infamous stare that either completely paralyze you or turn you into stone. Sure, the Cockatrice can turn someone into stone too, but its size is only laughable compared to the Basilisk's. Plus, it has a more frightening appearance, which will make its paralyzing stare more effective.

1828747 "Titanoboa?" Is that a real name or is that a combination of two words: Titan and Boa? Because I was suggesting the Basilisk. Either one, they would make a great addition to the Everfree Forest. And let's face it, Snakes are f@#kin' scary! Especially the big ones!

It's a real thing.

A Titanoboa is the largest species of snakes ever to have lived on earth.

This should give you an idea of its size.

1829263 Yeah... pretty glad those things don't exist anymore! :twilightblush: Thanks for sharing that with me! Like I said, a giant snake would definitely be a great addition for the Everfree Forest in the Apple Scratch Verse!

I wonder if Mariacheat-Brony has plans regarding with that in the Cloudkicker prequel or for his next Apple Scratch story?

1828764 the harry potter one is different from the real one just looked it up

1828990 Actually, in the comics (not the micro series, but regular MLP FiM comics) they have Chupacabra and Jackolopes (who are 'natural enemies' according to Fluttershy) ... though they also have pony eating petunias...:ajbemused: that funny enough Applejack and Rarity end up facing.:ajsmug:

1828764 There's a creature that changes into anything it wants to (aside from ponies) in it's childhood called a 'Greater Equestrian Mimicker or Globulus Improbulus' that doesn't actually scare anypony but is found in a forest (they don't really say) that the CMC end up finding and making it an honorary Crusader :ajbemused: since it has to take lots of shapes before find the one it likes and growing up to not be able to change it's form ever again after finding it's one shape.

Since there are some changing-type creatures already, a boggart wouldn't be too far fetched

Does anyone cares that the real boggarts just take stuff. fact the boggart also kidnaps chlidren= people thinking that slenderman takes them

1846373 for a moment I forgot I forgot about those kinds. I had actually learned about the Harry Potter one before the brownie/boggart one (and I learned about that one in the spiderwick movie). :applejackunsure: sorry I forgot the old folklore. :facehoof::twilightsheepish:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16