~The Decent Writers Club~ 1,678 members · 9,340 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

So... What are y'all's thoughts about the episode yesterday?

I really enjoyed the whole cheesy 60s batman style it had:rainbowlaugh:

And I have a new favorite villain:pinkiecrazy: (sorry Changlings:pinkiesad2:)

And flutterhulk was a bit scary and funny at the same time:twilightoops::rainbowlaugh:

And the whole enchanted comic book thing opened up a whole new universe for us to use:yay:. Along with seven new protagonists and a new villain for us to use as well.

2437097 That also opens up a new possibility for Daring Do.
Perhaps AK Yearling keeps getting trapped in her own books!

Power Pony Fanfics? Why not!

I loved every second that The Mane-iac was on-screen. They did exactly what I thought they'd do with her.

The hair, the voice, the laugh (oh GOD, that laugh), the hairdryer cannon, the backstory, etc. All of it was just perfect.

Oh yeah, and the rest of the episode was pretty good, too. :twilightsheepish:

(I liked the villain so much that I made a group about her. I did it way before the episode came out, but still.) [/shamelesspromotion]

The episode was a lot of fun, although I felt that Twi was nerfed big time. Seriously, they made an episode about comic book superheros and didn't take advantage of the opportunity to reference the Teen Titans by making Twilight's superhero persona an empath? That would've been awesome! But no, instead she's Insert Comic Book Hero With Ice Powers Here, and she can't even use those powers properly at first. That's, very weak. :facehoof:

Also, I can't hear the name Mane-iac without thinking of this:

Villain: it's not even like she really had a motive; she was just bonkers. That being said, it was extremely entertaining to watch and it seemed like the voice actress had fun doing it.
Premise: I have a feeling they've done this before with the whole Spike feeling useless, but the execution kept it interesting.
Headcanon Changes: Not much.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6