~The Decent Writers Club~ 1,678 members · 9,341 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Hey there, ladies and gents. I'll make this as short and sweet as I can.

I need your guys' help. I'm currently working on a crossover fic of ponies and pokémon (because nobody has ever done that before) that stars Lyra as the main character. The first chapter is in rough development and I need suggestions for a few background ponies or side characters that can be good stand-ins for the typical pokémon archetypes, I'm having trouble deciding which one goes where.

I need a character that would be Lyra's friend/rival (Preferably a stallion, so that I don't have an all-mare cast.) and a character that will be the morally ambiguous antagonist that is obsessed with bothering the Legendary pokémon (I may just end up with an OC) and using their power to become the greatest trainer ever and all that jive.

If you can think up which characters fit those descriptions, go ahead and tell me. I've got a million ideas for each one, but I'm having a tough time choosing.

EDIT: Oh, and I've already got plans for the mane 6 plus the princesses, so they're out of the question.

Friend/Rival- I think Spike could work swimmingly
Antagonist- Trixie or Lightning Dust

2327139 Friend/Rival: Fiddlesticks. I would've said Octavia, but I think she's too sophisticated for the rival role. :applejackunsure:

Antagonist: Sunset Shimmer. She seems like the type who would obsess over that type of thing.

2327170 I already have a plan for Spike. But...I think Trixie would make an excellent rival.

2327649 You mean Shining Armor? Naaa. I've already put him in the Elite Four. I think I'll go with Trix as the rival and Sunset Shimmer as the antag.

2327964 Sounds epic! I look forward to it :raritywink:

2328077 Oh, you'll know when I post that fic. I'll be shamelessly promoting the hell out of it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8