~The Decent Writers Club~ 1,675 members · 9,312 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

My attempts to make this group more alive is akin to the attempts of people in my high school trying to be funny. They don't try. I have no excuse, nor am I going to say that I meant to.

But hey, now I'm going to start a contest with no other admins help or authorization.

But the problem is... I don't have an idea for a contest. Someone posted a thread asking if we were going to have a contest soon. I don't know how longs ago that was posted, but it came to my mind just barely.

So, I need some help thinking of a contest. And why not ask you guys?

If you're interested in a contest and/or have an idea for one comment below. Next Sunday (unless I forget, hopefully I won't) I'll take all the suggestions and have you guys vote.

Also, I'll need judges for this too. If you would like to be a judge, comment below. You cannot submit your own story if you're judging, by the way.

Judges so far (if you want to back out, that's fine. But please don't):
Xhoral1865
Smaug the golden
Leoshi

4334931 How about fics based off of movies? Like an adaption contes-INTO THE CORNER FOR HORRIBLE IDEAS I GO!

4334962 That's not a terrible idea. But I can see about 50+ entries under the Avengers. IF they were adaptations of Classics or older movies, I would totally enter

I'll go ahead and be a judge, I'm currently waiting for Obs contest to start or whatever and I like only doing one contest at a time so I don't overwork myself.

4334931 I recently did think of a prompt. It was just the word eternity, so it might not be that helpful. :twilightsheepish: I'd also like to help judge. I do have experience with it, as I admin for a contest group.

4334931 Contest ideas? One second...

-The "Outside Insight" idea was very appealing. Describe pony culture through the eyes of an outsider.
-Pick a character, and have them deal with a sensitive situation. For example, ponykind's initial fear/dislike of zebras (racism).
-Want humor? Twist an episode around. What would happen if Twilight never got the spell journal of Starswirl the Bearded? If Troubleshoes really was a criminal? If Sugar Belle served funnel cakes instead of muffins? In fact, twisting up an episode can prompt much more than humor. Oh, the drama!

I'd also like to judge, if for no other reason than I enjoy reading. However, if there are too many judges and too few stories, I'll be the first to step down and contribute.

Well... Let's think about where some of the great stuff from our fandom comes from. People like to fill in the blanks and explore or explain the unfinished from the show.

Perhaps a contest of "behind the scenes" as the prompt?

That leaves it pretty open for interpretation, while simultaneously cutting down on the flood of similar fics, pointless crossovers, and fluff stories. (At least I hope it would ^^ )

4334931 I guess I'm in, but we'll see if I can actually participate with me being super busy nowadays, eh~

As for ideas, well, how aboot making a one-shot story that's more than decent, eh!? That should be a challenge for us sub par writers, lel

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8