~The Decent Writers Club~ 1,674 members · 9,286 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Hello everyone! It's me, the forgettable admin!

This group has been inactive for a very long time, and I want to help revive it somehow. And this isn't my attempt to revive it, I just came to ask y'all a question.

I thought of an idea in "The Age of Annalisa Flat" some time ago before "The Era of AtomicMuffin" began. I never did anything with it, but I thought now would be a good time. And the idea is this"

"Should we have an intro thread?"

So, what do you guys think, should we add an intro thread?

It's not should we...
Its why shouldn't we?
I see no reason not to.
Can't hurt.

3881882 I agree. It can't hurt to have an intro thread.

Slip Kid
Group Admin

Huh, forgot I was an admin here.

Sure, go for it.

A bunch of other groups have intro threads...I don't see why not. Having one helps authors as much as posting stories does. First impressions are important, y'know?

Intro threads are the norm. They work. Why change? Hehe. Besides, I'm new and not sure where to say hi.

Maybe we should start doing some contests and fics of the month.
You know, to encourage others to join.

Alright, it shall be done. In the future.
Good idea. I'll try to think of something with the other admins.

If you'd like I have an idea for the fic of the month rules.
1. One story from your gallery can be submitted, no multiples or auto disqualified.
2. If you do win, you aren't eligible to submit for the following contest. Just so everyone can get a chance to be fic of the month.
3. Judges done by admin, or we can can have admin select three that they like and then let the group pic their personal favorite.

An intro thread would certainly be nice; it's always good to learn a little more about your fellow ponyfic enthusiasts. :) It's also nice for existing members to be able to greet new members; I do that a lot on a (non-Fimfiction) forum I help moderate, and it helps newcomers feel wanted and part of the community. Having contests could be a good idea, too: I've just started doing a few of those and it's enjoyable.

The other thing I might suggest is unpinning some of the threads in the forum, to make it easier for people to use for actual discussion -- there are 12 pinned discussions right now, which is an awful lot, especially as some haven't been posted to for over a year.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12