Brainstorming and Story Swap Directive 196 members · 188 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

In Crusaders of the Lost Mark we meet Diamond Tiara's Mother, Spoiled Rich. So how does this work? Diamond's dad, Filthy Rich, is believed to be the lineal descendant of Stinkin' Rich. So why does Diamond's mother have such a similar name? Related? (And so many fans thought the Apples were the inbreeders.) Of course there are the Cakes, Cup Cake and Carrot Cake, and no one really thinks they're too close in the shallow end of the gene pool. And this really isn't just an earth pony thing either, after all Pinkie's parents are Igneous Rock and Cloudy Quartz, while Pinkie and her sisters all have 'Pie' in their names. Also Twilight and Shining Armor's parents are Night Light and Twilight Velvet, no real similarity or surname there either. Also Shining isn't referred to as Prince Cadenza, so no evidence there either for surnames of sorts.

Odd n'est pas? Actually a friend posted a similar blog trying to figure out the Lulamoon part of Trixie's name.

Your thoughts?

Lulamoon and Heartstrings were names given to the Trixie and Lyra figures in one of the early toy line runs, similar to "Snipsy Snap" and "Snailsquirm" in later ones.

As far as Spoiled Rich... it would drive me cross-eyed trying to come to a logical explanation based on other families. It appears to be another one of those "It's convenient, we don't have to explain jack squat" things, unfortunately.

4770445 Yeah, It probably is. Still I was surprised how close the show came to my HC of Di's mom being a social climber and Di having parental pressure issues.

Born into a family of potato farmers, she was named Spoiled Rotten. She changed it to Rich when she married, removing ties to her previous, lower station in life.

4770595 Interesting thought, is a deliberate ass to cover her own self-shame. It would be interesting to read a fic on that concept.

4770595 Maybe Rich is just their middle name? I know that's really far out there, but it's a possibility.

Yeah, I'd like to read that too. :pinkiecrazy:

Many someone will that the idea and run with it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7