Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Divine Path
Group Contributor

To Master Thread

To the extent of manipulating jealousy...
Stage TWO~
—Boss; BGM: Green-eyed Jealousy

Spell Card: Tongue-Cut Sparrow "Large Box and Small Box"
And so, betrayed by humanity and cursed with this everlasting duty...
The Jealousy Beneath The Earth's Crust

"I wouldn't recommend that you treat going underground like a game.
You might be trying to get experience points,
but you'll just be wasting time in the end."
~Mizuhashi Parsee
----------------------------------------------
"I'm jealous of the light above ground.
I'm jealous of the gentle breezes.
I don't have anything against you, but
I can make up lots of reasons to attack you."
~Mizuhashi Parsee

"Cut and paste bit for anyone else who wants to do this
Feel free to discus stuff like character design, headcanons, theories, opinions and the sort.
Feel free to post favorite fan art or character specific themes, or whatever so long it's relevant to the topic subject.
To spread these out so we has some steady discussion, these are gonna spread out, each new character thread will be made 2-3 days from the last one(rule not set in stone. Flexible if needed) Feel free to bump up old threads.
Fan Art: Try and make it SFW as far as content and hosting site, though if you need to just add (Gore), (NSFW) or whatever is needed. Safebooru is an alternative to danbooru. if you want to find a particular piece on another site, go here Click on the camera and paste the direct image link , hopefully another link to it should turn up.
Copy paste end."

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Perhaps once a maiden fair of heart, betrothed and in bliss.
But so, he selfishly grew tired of her.
In anger and in despair, she transformerd herself and vowed so to henceforth guard this bridge 'til he returns once more.
But this forgotten land remained beneath sense, and below the earth for many centuries, and so the bridge was never once crossed again...

She came to envy all above ground,
and to resent those beneath it; in a figurative sense never truly outside a personal and lonesome Hell.
If you show her kindness, perhaps she will not help but envy you for the purity within in your soul to commit such an act.
Even now, it is the bridge people no longer cross.
Poor Parsee.:fluttercry:

Her theme was one of the themes that got me into the fandom. I don't know why, but due to the way the theme sounds at certain parts that remind me of a western film's soundtrack, I associate lever-action rifles and revolvers with Parsee. Which is stupid, because there aren't any lever-action rifles in Gensokyo.

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

ZUN-style is superior.:derpytongue2:

Divine Path
Group Contributor
zel
Group Contributor

there aren't any lever-action rifles in Gensokyo.

I am pretty sure Rinnosuke or kappa will have something to say in this regard.

I thought the kappa were more into non-military tech and it was only Nitori who made weapons? And even then, she's focused more on grenade launchers and air-to-air missiles.

As for Rinnosuke, I can see a few guns stashed away somewhere. Somewhere behind the desk and buried beneath the floorboards because if Marisa ever got a hold of a firearm...

... She's a pain.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Then practise.:derpytongue2:
Best of fortune be with you~

Can I get any help with her first non-spell? That's what usually tears me up.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Look at where they're folding and move in between.:rainbowwild:

Timely
Group Contributor

2901659 Guns are in Gensokyo in some form

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Wild_and_Horned_Hermit#Chapter_Thirteen:_Kappa_Forsaking_the_River

Summary: In the forest, Kasen sees animals fleeing from what appears to be the sound of a gunshot. At the shrine, she blames it on some of the displaced kappa from the last chapter, who have become yamawaro and take part in wargames. However, she learns from her eagle that not only are the yamawaro not using guns, the animals are even joining in the fun. Claiming that a human villager was shot, Reimu heads for the mountains to exterminate the yamawaro, but is rudely turned away. Soon afterwards, reports come in that one of the yamawaro has been shot. Investigating, Kasen discovers that the villager's wound is actually a bite, deciding that he must have mistaken the attack for a gunshot from its sound and because he couldn't see its source. Kasen tracks the culprit to a group of mami (a tanuki-like animal) that have started to transform into noteppou in response to the wargames. She instructs them to bring apology gifts to those they attacked, and tells them a way to reverse their youkai transformation. Reimu is annoyed by the yamawaro's apparent stroke of generosity, and heads back up to give them a piece of her mind.

Well, the more you know, I guess. Thanks.

The question I get from that summary is: Why would the displaced kappa stage wargames?

I guess I gotta read Wild and Horned Hermit sometime.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14