Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21
Timely
Group Contributor

The Half-Human Half-Phantom Gardener

Konpaku Youmu

Feel free to discus stuff like character design, head canons, theory's, opinions and the sort.
Also, feel free to post favorite fan art or character specific themes, or whatever so long it's relevant to the topic subject
Cut and paste bit for anyone else who wants to do this
To spread these out so we has some steady discussion, each new character thread will be made 2-3 days from the last one(rule not set in stone. Flexible if needed) Feel free to bump up old threads.
Fan Art: Try and make it SFW as far as content and hosting site, though if you need to just add (Gore), (NSFW) or whatever is needed. Safebooru is an alternative to danbooru. if you want to find a particular piece on another site, Go Here, Click on the camera and paste the direct image link , hopefully another link to it should turn up.
Copy Paste: end

so glad to see this. Youmu is my favorite Touhou character. :pinkiehappy:

zel
Group Contributor

Finally, after long wait.

Absolutely the best character in the whole universe. She is my waifu for a reason, after all.
Dat figure. Dat hair. Dat flat chest.

1773581 I love you so much :heart:

Timely
Group Contributor

1773609 Really? :unsuresweetie: I had no idea she was your favorite:rainbowwild:
Well, seems like you and>>1773581 are in good company.:twilightsheepish:

love you too Zel :heart:

it would seem so.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

She's one of the least Youkai-like impure Humans, and yet one of the least Human-like of the impure Youkai. A balance.
She acts at least ten times her age, and her swordsmanship is impeccable.:duck:
In addition, she is a splendid cook and a pleasant person to converse with—when she's not solving an incident.:twilightoops:

zel
Group Contributor

1773668 Awww <3

1773656 Well, I have her as avatar like half of the time :rainbowwild:

I liked her since the first th I played.

I love her songs the best, too. Weird how things like that happen. :rainbowwild:

zel
Group Contributor

1773669 I thought she was something like 60? :twilightoops:

1773684 They are badass.

...Especially the metal arrangements.

The first time I saw her I was like "Ghost sword lady? Awesome."

Even though other characters are my favourites, I still think she's pretty cool.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

...it does depend on her portrayal.:twilightsheepish:

No, but she does age slower than an average human.

FlanChan
Group Admin

She's in my top five list of awesome Touhou's
Once I was listening to her theme while looking for something Byakuren related (I don't remember) so I started saying 'Byakuren' during the main(?) part of the song so I wouldn't forget. Now I can't stop doing it, and that happened like two years ago
Help

zel
Group Contributor

1773833>>1773842 well, the wiki is stating "less than 60 years old" ._.

That is purely derived from the fact that she was not familiar with the "Fate of sixty years" cycle that brought about the events of PoFV; compare with Cirno, who DID recognize the phenomenon when it happened, and is thus AT LEAST 60 years old. It's one of the few definite points of specified time we have in Gensokyo's timeline.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

I must have forgotten that.:duck:
She could have been a bit secluded. Besides, Hakugyokurou does not usually have bloom—derived from same game.:trixieshiftright:

No, Phantasmagoria of Flower View is th9, not Youmu's debut game th7 (Perfect Cherry Blossom) which is where the Saigyou Ayakashi figures...pls read -_-

Also, it's stated in materials published between the releases of th7 and th9 that Youmu regularly visits the human village. So not really that badly secluded, no. She was most definitely not around for the last Flower incident.

Timely
Group Contributor

I enjoy how she's a serious character and yet gets scared by things one would expect to be normal in Gensokyo, Like in the trials of courage in Oriental and Sacred Place:rainbowlaugh:

She also seems to enjoy herself a lot at Parties if Wild And horned Hermit is anything to go by(I feel sorry for Yuyuko at the end, especially if she had fencing lessons scheduled:twilightoops:)

zel
Group Contributor

She was most definitely not around

That does not mean she did not exist.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

...she was among the playable characters in that game.:duck:
And when asked why there's no profuse bloom by whichever character you're currently playing as, she states that the flowers can't bloom(not profusely, anyway). The Saigyou Ayakashi is the only flora in the Netherworld that can do this.
That she does.:twilightsheepish: Never mind then.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21