Human in Equestria 16,859 members · 17,057 stories
Comments ( 139 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 139

291100 In Wish Maker, Jirachi can only teleport things, and its power is used to make a faux Groudon.

This thread is EXTREMELY derailed.

291106 well im going off the pokedex description that says <Can grant any wish>

291105 Better, but again, keep in mind that you are not building a team to beat the game. You are building a team that can play a convincing hero in a narrative, so you should try shrinking it down a little. How about using Joltik instead of Galvantula? Same type, can learn the same moves, and because no one gives a rat's ass about stats when it comes to good narrative, a perfect 'David' in any fights against 'Goliath'.

You also don't want to use 'dark' or 'edgy' mons like Houndoom, and you'll want to have a water-mon for it's utility. I'd use Vaporeon myself.

You might also want to consider a bird-type, so you'll be able to keep up with pegasi in the air.

But that's all kinds of things for you to consider, and it's only superficial, really. Your main considerations are:
1) making sure that the audience will be able to relate to them. (Don't use mons that are too alien)
2) They can be entertaining characters in their own right.
3) Give the trainer character an extensive toolbox (but not too extensive).

I'll leave that to you. For now, something that's far more important: Where will your character 'land', and what will he initially do?

291112 with the initial story he landed in the throne room but it seams stupid now

291113 Yeah, getting him in contact with the local benign god-queen probably won't do your story much good.

As cliché as it sounds, it might be a good idea to start him off in or near Ponyville, give him some exposition, get him settled in his new environment, that kind of thing. It's a bit of an obligatory part of the story though, so make it an entertaining read.

And then of course, he must be given a reason to go travel (because a trainer that doesn't travel isn't much of a trainer), and possibly be given a travel companion that he could have meaningful interaction with along the way.

I'm going to get some sleep now. It's 1AM in the morning here. If you want me to continue this coaching, feel free to send me a PM, because I think we sort of hijacked the thread here.

I hope I was of some assistance. Good luck!

Writing a story where 2 sisters are transported to Ponyville as Celestia's 'experiment' :trollestia: XD

291287 Trollestia? Mollestia?

Haven't seen anyone else before do anything similar to what I'm currently doing, so I guess that makes it pretty rare.
-Several humans (some bronies, some not) in Equestria, of which one of them needs to find the others in order to save the universe
-A history of Equestria that will break your brain
-SPOLIER: Discord is somewhat a good guy

To get the whole thing, read Crossing Over the Arcane Hiatus Chapter 17. A new chapter should be coming out soon that will expand on the ideas of Ch.17.

As a side note, can anyone else tell me a fiction where Discord is a goody guy, because I think this might be the only one? I would love to be proved wrong.

291559 Weeeeeeeelll... here's my fic, which has (Sorta, the sequel is all about the 'finding other humans' part of the first point) two of your three points: Discord being a closet good guy, and the first and last bits of the first one. It's an SI, and it's really quite thick for the first few chapters, but it turned out nicely, I think: Dropping In. So, check it out, that is, if you want to.

And even if that only makes two, it's still a rare theme.

I've been writing this ( Of Ponies and People ) for a while... and it seems to have some of the stuff people want in an HiE fic... I'd love to have some feedback on it!

Even though this may or may not count as rare theme and I never see it but....
Instead of the Human going straight to Ponyville and meeting the Mane six on the spot, what if that said Human decides to explore all of Equestria with Mane six chasing him down as that said human tries to avoid them and save Ponyville as the Best for last on his exploration throughout Equestria.

I would love to see it, A human trying the best he can to see all of what the Equestrian Cities have to offer and doing his best to avoid publicity and the mane six on his tail.

292292 I don't think I've heard of that concept either. It sounds intriguing actually :pinkiehappy:

While it probably wouldn't 'break your mind' I've certainly touched on Equestrian History myself in the fifth chapter of my own work, and a coming chapter will most certainly reveal an unusual twist.

I dont know if its really rare or just no one ever tried it.

Just wondering how original my story is, i saw 287860 commenting on a similar idea in this thread so i dont think its been done before has it... Human civilization in Equestrian history?

292292 ECHO DECIDES TO EXPLORE ALL OF EQUESTRIA BEFORE GOING TO PONYVILLE IN "The Ballad of Echo the Diamond Dog".

I forgot to add that, but I meant human-human, not Diamond Dog or Pony. Basically like he is being hounded by the mane six and other guards. And I was tempted to say a Human wants to see the world, For Example Zecora's homeland, Iron Will's homeland, heck even other places, but then in my head I thought this would happen if it did:

and I read Echo the Diamond Dog....
My reaction:

It was okay, not great, but not bad.

Something I've touched on and heavily implied in my own fic, only recently solidifying the link between humanity an ponies in that manner.

292535 O.K.. HEH, "HOUNDED". I MAY HAVE SEEN WHAT YOU DID THERE.

Lol didn't mean to put that pun.

292539 'TIS O.K., FOR I AM A SUCKER FOR PUN-ISHMENT. AFTER ALL, I AM A BIG FAN OF PIERCE ANTHONY'S "XANTH" SERIES, AND XANTH IS BUILT MAINLY ON PUNS. SO, UM, YEAH.

292537 Ill probably give it a read then later tonight ^^ For now i have a chapter to finish :pinkiecrazy:

In chapter four of mine I gave an origin of the Everfree that I think broke a few people...

A story with many Puns!?!

Still protaining to picture:
Bring it on.
lol

292699 Okie-Dokie-Lokie. Here it comes. The first book in the series is titled, "A Spell for Chameleon".
And here's a map of Xanth

Pardon my Canadian ignorance, but isn't that Florida?

292749 It sure looks like that, doesn't it?:trollestia:
But seriously, anyway, that's what Xanth looks like. If I remember correctly, (I haven't read any of the Xanth novel in a few years.) the barrier between Xanth and Mundania/Moondania/Earth is weakest at peninsulas, like Florida for example (At least while they're still "connected" anyway.)
It's a very good series and I suggest that you read it, but be warned: When in Xanth you must watch your step, lest you step in a sticky, stinky, egregious pun, for Xanth is built mainly on them. Translation: read only if you like fantasy stories, and you are a sucker for pun-ishment. Beware springs (of water), after all, Love Springs are the leading cause of cross-breeds in Xanth.
By the way, the first Xanth trilogy is 27 books long, the 27th of which being appropriately named "Cube Route".
Also: Pie Trees.:pinkiehappy:

292750 I actually have an idea for a HiE, Self-Insert, MLP:FiM/Xanth Crossover that I'll probably never write, but it involves Discord's origin, pre-Celestia and Luna Equestria, and an Discord's battle against an ancient evil in Equestria. My ideas for it seem to rely too heavily on fusions of different things though.
Also, I'd definitely have to include Mare-Anne, with her magical talent of summoning equines. I mean, it would just be too crewel to send Xanthiens to Equestria and not include her in the party - and that's no lye.:scootangel::trollestia:

292750 From what I remember from the series, that is the map of 'modern' Xanth. I recall at one point that there was a map of ancient Xanth shaped like Italy. It changes over time due to its magical nature.

Someone who doesn't speak English.

292873Yeah, that is a rare one. Hmmm.

Yeah, and the Waves came from those different areas that it resembled, more-or-less, right?
I would love to see the reaction of Princess Luna met Mare Imbri. I mean, Princess Luna became Nightmare Moon, and Imbri is a Nightmare who is named after a sea on the Moon/has a sea on the Moon named after her.
What do you think about Equestria being one of the Worlds of Maybe/Worlds of the Idea/Moons of Ida? Maybe Princess Luna's full name is really Princess Lunida and "Luna" is actually a nickname? Or maybe even better: Pinkie Pie is the Princess Ida of Equestria, in a way it might explain her "Pinkieness". Maybe in the case of the Equestrian Ida, she actively control her moon, it's full-sized, it does not only orbit her head but the entire planet as well (kind-of works in that if the Equestrian Ida's moon orbits the planet, and she's on the planet, then doesn't it mean in a way that the moon is actually orbiting her head too because she's on the planet that the moon is orbiting around?
Maybe the next world in the chain is on the INSIDE of the moon. This can lead to Nightmare Moon going to the other worlds (eventually Xanth) where she goes on adventures, meets the local Nightmares and Daymares, and the other citizens of Xanth.
Now here's a main point in the "thousand years in the Moon" thing: at one point, Nightmare Moon could end up in the Brain Corral's pool. Maybe she finds out how to return to Equestria from the Good Magician Humfrey, but ends up in the B.C.'s pool before she is able to return. Perhaps when the book that Twilight read said that "The stars will aid in her escape", it meant the stars of one of the Xanth novels. More specifically Bink from "The Source of Magic". You know, the one in which Bink accidentally freed the Demon, Xanth (I'm just going to leave out the status punctuation), bringing about the Time of No Magic, removing the stasis-spell from the Brain Corral's pool, freeing all who were stored within, most importantly in this case, Nightmare Moon.

Sorry about the rambling.
O.K., now I want to see somepony take this idea and turn it into a fanfic. Make it a reality. DO IT NOW!null

292763 Yeah, and the Waves came from those different areas that it resembled, more-or-less, right?
I would love to see the reaction of Princess Luna met Mare Imbri. I mean, Princess Luna became Nightmare Moon, and Imbri is a Nightmare who is named after a sea on the Moon/has a sea on the Moon named after her.
What do you think about Equestria being one of the Worlds of Maybe/Worlds of the Idea/Moons of Ida? Maybe Princess Luna's full name is really Princess Lunida and "Luna" is actually a nickname? Or maybe even better: Pinkie Pie is the Princess Ida of Equestria, in a way it might explain her "Pinkieness". Maybe in the case of the Equestrian Ida, she actively control her moon, it's full-sized, it does not only orbit her head but the entire planet as well (kind-of works in that if the Equestrian Ida's moon orbits the planet, and she's on the planet, then doesn't it mean in a way that the moon is actually orbiting her head too because she's on the planet that the moon is orbiting around?
Maybe the next world in the chain is on the INSIDE of the moon. This can lead to Nightmare Moon going to the other worlds (eventually Xanth) where she goes on adventures, meets the local Nightmares and Daymares, and the other citizens of Xanth.
Now here's a main point in the "thousand years in the Moon" thing: at one point, Nightmare Moon could end up in the Brain Corral's pool. Maybe she finds out how to return to Equestria from the Good Magician Humfrey, but ends up in the B.C.'s pool before she is able to return. Perhaps when the book that Twilight read said that "The stars will aid in her escape", it meant the stars of one of the Xanth novels. More specifically Bink from "The Source of Magic". You know, the one in which Bink accidentally freed the Demon, Xanth (I'm just going to leave out the status punctuation), bringing about the Time of No Magic, removing the stasis-spell from the Brain Corral's pool, freeing all who were stored within, most importantly in this case, Nightmare Moon.

Sorry about the rambling.
O.K., now I want to see somepony take this idea and turn it into a fanfic. Make it a reality. DO IT NOW!

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 139