Human in Equestria 16,868 members · 17,066 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

So I have a story in mind, of which I have spent the past three months thinking through.
It starts with a Bat-pony [seriously though they look more like Dragons than bats in the MLP: FiM cannon] ( possible names being Wandering Wrath, Wandering Aurora, or if you have a better name suggestion please say so) who in his first moment of life is temporarily possessed by what his family consider either an angel, or an omen (still in debate with myself). In reality the possessor was a human who had been recruited by a near omnipotent semi-god-like race of higher humans who had at one point been just like us. There are billions of these Higher humans, and they all manage some important aspect of reality. In any case one of them, who's name is Continuity protects a large district of his namesake in worlds that are created by the new humans (not the higher race) via their media. So for instance, because MLP: FiM is so popular it was created in another dimension. And Continuity is the one who hired the human. Again to get back on target the Human is a sort of parasite on the small foal and lives with it constantly as it grows up, inside its head as a voice. This is not considered normal, even among Continuity's race, and the main purpose behind this is that once a contract between a being like Continuity and a human is formed, it cannot be taken back. It would have been in this case if it could have been because of what the human had done after the contract was formed. The reason he had been forced into the foals mind and soul is so that he cannot roam about freely. So he grows up inside the foals head with the foal and guides him through major life decisions. Eventually they were sent off at about 15 or 16 years old to be trained by group of ponies looking to make a true soldier, not a guard or militia pony, but a pony who could take down the best guards or militia ponies, and who could act as a leader for a group of specialized ponies and other species, who are dedicated to serving the princess directly and going out to capture and seize high priority fugitives and dangerous people. Of course the princess and others related to him don't realize he carries this other being. In the early bits of his life he lost his wings in an accident and so was trained to use his ultra-light-weight body to be as powerful as an earth pony, but fast as a Pegasus, only on land instead of the air. And eventually the Human is set free if your interested, though I wont go in to to much detail about him being freed here.

Does that sound out all like an original way of introducing a human in the story? Does the pony sound interesting as a character? Does the whole running a specialized multi-species team of marshal law providers thing sound interesting (though trust me, this team is NOT a main focus of the story, only a way to introduce the pony character as a high ranking person to the princesses, though it will still be used and mentioned through the story)? Or has it been done?
Also I would go into more depth about the universe, but it is vast and very in-depth, and would take a few thousand words to sum up in its most basic lore form. If your interested in more then ask, and if enough people are interested I will type it out in several large texts.

Stiggerzz
Group Admin

I don't read a lot of HiE, so I can't help you through experience. But I can say this much.
Is the idea you're presenting here a commonly used idea among HiE fic writer? Is it something that 9/10 other fic writers use somewhere in their story? If yes, it is a cliche.

1749004 Honestly I have been part of several large fandoms and haven't seen anything like it, and later if I don't use it as an MLP fic I will use it as a basis for a long time writing project for an original series. I was just curious if anyone else had seen anything like it, after all I have no intention of reading the thousands of HiE fics uploaded here or other wise as its simply impossible to do so, the main reason why I ask for help.

Stiggerzz
Group Admin

a cliche is a story, scenario, character etc. element that appears in nearly every single creation. A good example would be in slasher films where the killer is chasing the victim and the victim trips over, crawling backwards for a few meters.

The trip and crawl is a good example of a cliche because it happens in nearly every single slasher you watch. If you've never seen the idea you are presenting here, then it is most likely NOT a cliche.

1749011 It's look original enough, it's really hard to not do a clichée entrance into Equestria in a HIE since there not thousand of way to go in a alternate universe, but this concept look original for the most part I say go with it.

1749014 Thanks for help then, but does it sound interesting at all to you? :)

1749016 Thanks, and yea I suppose your right, though again thanks, if you don't mind though, how interesting does it sound off of just that there?

Stiggerzz
Group Admin

Yea it sounds interesting enough. I'd go for it if I were you.

1749058 Well I would probably read it and favorite it a few months ago. But I became bored of HIE in general, So I wouldn't be a very good judge.

1748997 Yes, walls of text with insufficient breaks to enhance readability is very cliched. Nothing says 'tween squeeing on paper' or 'Charles Dickens-wannabe/neverbe' like walls of text. :trollestia::facehoof:

is temporarily possessed by what his family consider either an angel, or an omen

I think you mean demon there. An omen is just a sign foreshadowing an event, like a prophecy. A demon is an evil spirit able to possess mortals.

As for the idea, doesn't seem cliche. However, just because something isn't cliche doesn't make it automatically good. Be careful on execution. Remember that the separation between a good plot and a good story is the execution of the small details, particularly continuity and cohesion of the characters' personalities over time, the events and how they are affecting everything else, and the overall themes and atmosphere of the story. Keep that in mind and this could be great. :twilightsmile:

If this were a story I'd agree, but it doesn't matter as much on forums. This is supposed to be relatively informal and just to type out ideas.

1749067 Thanks, your input has given more motivation :)

1749075 Well, thanks anyways, and again thanks for reinforcement that this sounds not cliche :)

1749225 Sorry I was on break from some work and was in a hurry to get things typed up, it didn't even occur to me that it would be a problem, however you shouldn't worry, I wouldn't do that for a story.

1749826 Sorry, meant to put omen of death, but I suppose a demon would work. Thanks.
Yea, well now that this is up and I have some more motivation I intend to write and reread for the next few months, just to make sure its executed as best as it can be :)

Yea, well now that this is up and I have some more motivation I intend to write and reread for the next few months, just to make sure its executed as best as it can be :)

<Sees comment>

All melodramatics aside, I'm glad you're taking a few months to hammer it out. It took me half a year before I posted my first story because I wanted to outline the whole damned thing first. Good for you for not rushing art.

1753359 lol, thanks I think, its just standard for me, unfortunately I seem to lose motivation after a while, though I think I should be able to get this done, and glad to hear there is someone else who works like me :)

Hey, better than throwing your rough draft out there first thing like a lot of writers here do. If you ever need assistance with anything, by all means ring me up. I've been told I'm good at helping folks out with brainstorming and editing. :pinkiehappy:

1755446 I agree, and thanks I will keep that in mind, it would be nice to have help :)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16