Human in Equestria 16,888 members · 17,082 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Not just any ol' accent, though. I want the accent to be subtle, because the character in question is actively trying to hide it from people. I'm trying to pull it off, but it keeps coming off to me as Russian or something. :twilightoops:

Any tips on how I can make it authentic, but again, not hammer it in too much?

1278551 watch Ratatouille that'll help

have an actual frog write the dialogue

1278551 They don't pronounce 'th' sounds very well at all, because it doesn't exist in their language. Instead, they tend to make a soft 'd' sound.

They gargle their 'r' sounds, as opposed to the rolling of the tongue in 'r' sounds from other Romance languages like Spanish or Italian.

Some subtleties that are cultural and sneak their way into speaking include: being very gracious of others, being very conserved in their way of speaking, downplaying compliments but being very grateful of them at the same time, lunch being the largest family meal of the day (as opposed to dinner), buying bread, pastries, cheeses, etc. for breakfast fresh every day, and being very cordial one on one.

1278597 Your modder vas a 'amster, and yer fadder smelt of elderberries!

1278932 Monty Python FTW!

That thar's a good accent, but lacks the 'r' gargling.
Source: 3 years French with a Frenchman. Or, as 1278585 called them, 'frog'. :rainbowlaugh:

1278585 I don't think Kermit's available.:derpytongue2:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7