Badass Shining Armor 249 members · 170 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Dash Attack
Group Admin

Welcome everyone. Thank you for joining this group in honoring the most kickass characters on the show. Now that we have 50 members, I'm going to need another admin to help maintain harmony. Anyone here have any Admin experience. If not, I'll deiced this the same way I did with my Star Wars group and have you all tell me why you like Shining Armor.

DegeTheMighty
Group Admin

1952660 I'm admining two inactive groups already, but I'm only here to express why Shining Armor is best BBBFF

His character and position have great potential (The same reason I love Sombra so much), to the point where I have made my own characterization and universe that's almost centered around him.

In my eyes Shining Armor is a stallion thinks with his blade. While he is not the best tactician, he certainly is one of the best swordfighters around. And boy does he know it.

He's very attached to Twilight, for reasons that delve into headcanon, and is VERY willing to himself, and ONLY himself in harm's way to protect his loved ones.

Shining is not without his flaws. He's charming, fun and generally nice guy if you're nice back. Yes he's brash, impatient and has no respect for titles (going so far as to call Princess Celestia "Tia" like her sister.) But if you piss him off, you're going straight to Tartarus. Shining Armor is VERY vindictive, and will take grudges to the grave. Never forgives, and never forgets.

Shining Armor has a ton of potential as a character. HIs cutie mark, combined with how he cared for Twilight, plus his military service, speaks volumes. "I want to protect others." The kind of stallion who will always go that extra mile, no matter what the personal sacrifice, to ensure others are safe. There's mountains of potential in that, and it also lends real well to both Light and Dark fics alike. The blazing bright paladin, or the one who will do whatever it takes, no matter how gruesome. You can easily go either way or anywhere in between with how he's set up. While he's probably on the straight-and-narrow in a lot of things, he also seems to have a jovial enough personality that he isn't a total stick-in-the-mud, and is far nicer than many of the pony nobility we've seen so far. There honestly aren't enough fics out there that do him justice.

Note: I'm not the one you want to pick to be an admin. While I am capable of performing such duties, I'm strained for time working on immigration stuff, working in/on the house, and writing for Rites. I simply don't have the time to do it. Sorry.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

1952660 Yeah I have no clue how that happened:scootangel:
Ooh pick me pick me

Look at my bio for all the groups I admin
Okay time to go to college seea

Dash Attack
Group Admin

1952707 Probably because alot of people were mad at how he was introduced. I hear people say that they should have built him up like the Gala instead of springing him out of random. However, I for one think he was introduced very well into the series. That song brings me close to tears every time a hear it.

Comment posted by Dash Attack deleted Oct 15th, 2013
Dash Attack
Group Admin

1953330>>1952688
Could chose between you two, so I made you both admin. Make Shining proud my friends. :rainbowdetermined2:

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

1958637 >.> by the way how much interfering do you want us to do
(Like throwing someone off a balcony for breaking a rule:pinkiecrazy: or letting you handle the ban hammer sort of thing)

Dash Attack
Group Admin

1958681 I don't wanna have too many rules but if someone is causeing trouble, give them a warning. If they keep doing it, ban them. Luckily in most of the groups I've founded, things are normally very peaceful. Then again, I only check on the more popular once from time to time :pinkiecrazy:.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9