Starswirl the Bearded 234 members · 183 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

What if Celestia was Starswirl's apprentice...and he was not so elderly...and after finishing her training under him, Celestia grew to adore him, but Starswirl never noticed. Thoughts?

I'd buy it. Celestia is very old after all, so maybe she was around during the time of windigos, but still very young or unheard of. Plus, for all we know Star Swirl was still in his late 20s when Clover was his apprentice. That's plenty of time before he's an old stallion.

La Vallett1
Group Admin

2516841 I still haven't formed my headcanon yet, but I like to imagine them having a student-mentor relationship with Starswirl as a mentor or vice versa. Though I will find it very hard for that to happen in my headcanon due to both Celestia and Luna being born earth ponies before their herds were united into one earth pony nation.

2517035 When I read this comment, I imagined him meeting Clover the first time living in the streets or orphanage somewhere in the your The Last Human universe.

Make it a story, and I'll read it!:pinkiehappy:

Here's a :twistnerd: What if Celestia was Clover, and what if Starswirl, after noticing her affections for him, decided to power himself up with the very material of the Universe so that he could level up with the now Alicorn-ed Clover, and thus tragically he becomes the mad Discord and she is forced to be the prophesied "War-Princess" Celestia?

La Vallett1
Group Admin

2519003 That could work.:rainbowderp:

2517035 how do we know he was in his 20s?

We don't. I meant that, for all we know he could be anything, 20s, 40s, immortal and in his 400s. I'm just throwing it out there as a plausible timeline.

2519003 Personally I'm leaning towards DRWolfs idea. That Starswirl and Discord were enemies, and at one point their battle took a turn for the worst, not death, because I doubt Discord for all his faults would kill anyone, just mess with their heads and cause chaos. But Celestia and Luna might taken his disappearance as a sign Discord did kill him, and thus went to combat him to avenge their mentor, and the journey they take would shape them into the rulers they would become, thus making them worthy to wield the elements of harmony. It could make for some interesting stories if Starswirl returned and came into contact with his old foe.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13