Cyberpunk Equestria 496 members · 115 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Robipony
Group Admin

Well, I watched Call of the Night over the weekend. It's not a cyberpunk anime, but it does take place at night most of the time. Anyway, during the series the characters went to a night pool party.

Not sure if anyone has been to one of these or has written about one of these, but I figured that I might ask, what sort of cyberpunk elements do you think could work really well in a story (or chapter) that takes place at a night pool party?

I’d be curious to see how waterproof cybernetics are. Maybe the more expensive ones are and the cheaper ones aren’t.

High-Tech; Low-Life

In a world where corps got to go whole ham on the environment, there's no way that anyone but the elite strata can gather together enough fresh water to fill anything worth calling a "pool". Best our poor punk protags can do? Find the local skate park, go to the bowl, and load up whatever augmented reality experiences they managed to pirate recently. Sure, the Mai Tais taste like cheap beer, but it's still nice to dream of the better thing in life, right?

7936309 You think your can rely on your night vision or even infra-red cybernetics? It's your trash day.

The invisibility cloak works even better in water and the detection cybernetics that you rely on only work if the targets are in the atmosphere.

You thought this would be a fun night, and it will be; just not for you.

night pool

and some that helps you breath under-water
and filter out the chlorine

High-Tech; Low-Life

7:05-8:00

p.s. also this...

Am I the only one that finds it fun that SolarPunk is alway put next to CyberPunk

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5