Cyberpunk Equestria 496 members · 115 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Robipony
Group Admin

So, last week I was listening to the radio at work when the topic of Suodiu came up. For those of you who aren't aware Suodiu (while currently a cooking trend) is a chinese street food where they take peddles and cook them in sesame or chili oil. The person then suck the rocks of the flavor and then spits out the rocks. As it turns out it's actually an old tradition passed down by fisherman to stave off hunger.

This is also the original purpose of gum as well.

Now, first off let me just say that I have nothing against those who cook or enjoy Suodiu or gum for that matter. I just thought about it a bit and I could see how maybe a corporation in a cyberpunk setting might do something similar in an effort to accrue more money for themselves by selling cheaply made flavored rocks for profit (in an effort to take advantage of the lower class). Same thing with gum as well.

I could also see the lower class be wise to this and not buying into it, while it became the next trendy thing for the upper class.

So, what do you all think of this? Is there something similar that you could see a corrupt corporation doing in an effort to take advantage of the lower class? :rainbowderp:

7853828 I can't see this being good for teeth.

Robipony
Group Admin

7853836 Well, you're not supposed to chew on em, just suck and spit. :rainbowlaugh:

Though that certainly would be a dentists wet dream wouldn't it. :raritywink:

7853856 I prefer those who suck and swallow. Nopony likes spitters.

This is an interesing topic! But imho suodiu is already twisted

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6