Cyberpunk Equestria 496 members · 114 stories
Comments ( 29 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 29

Hey. I'm working on a new cyberpunk story in the works and I'm looking for someone to cowrite this. Anyone interested?

Gonna need a few more details before I can make an informed decision.

5065413 Basically, in a humanized cyberpunk Equestria. There is a shadow war going on. The Evolutionists, a group who seek to advance technology by any means necessary, have been wreaking havok on the city, prompting Celestia to form a more specialized group to deal with them: Paladins, who are specially trained and equipped to deal with the serious tech the Evos have. (Story will have our OCs)

Major themes
Biometal: an organic metal that can be easily incorporated into the human body, allowing improvements in prosthetics and medical sciences.
Nexus: An implant that connects thenuser to the information network using their minds.

5065413 So, interested?

5065428 Pardon me, could I ask for a few more details as well? For example, when you say "humanized", to what extent do you mean? Do you plan on having the typical Equestrian cast of characters around? What sort of story do you plan on telling?

5065467 Yes. By humanized I mean the typical Equestria characters, but human. The story will be centered around the Paladins (names debatable), consisting of Twilight, Vinyl Scratch, and our OCs (one of mine, one from my co-author) and their fight against the Evos. Any particular details you're looking for?

5065471 With that established, there are a few more things I'm curious about, yes. On the humanization, will the tribes have any distinctions? Along the same lines, what of magic?

And in a more general sense, what sort of narrative themes are you planning on including? It sounds like you're looking to be writing something in the Adventure genre - anything else? Drama? Romance? What do you want to explore or answer with the cyberpunk setting? And what role is the prospective co-author going to take?

No distinction. All human. Their abilities come from their implants (if they have any) or genetic modifications.

Tags will include adventure, sci-fi, dark, gore, and mystery. As for exploration, the technology in Equestria. Everything from the show will be incorporated into the world we're building in some way, characters, creatures, and themes alike.

As for the co-author, their job will be to help write the story and keep it on track, being able to cover for me if I can't do much and I will do the same; if you have an idea for the chapter in question, go for it. If you have an idea for a whole chapter, go for it; write as if it were you own story and don't let anything hold you back (of course, I'll run through everything to ensure it's on track). Anything else?

I'm intrigued. Does Vinyl talk?

Interest dropped from an eight to a six; but it's still there.

5094872 You don't want Vinyl to talk?

I thought it'd be fun to play with not being able to talk in this future techworld; but since both my published stories with her do have her talking, I'm certainly not opposed to it.

5094976 Well she probably won't be as chatty as Sunset and Twilight.

Works for me.
I'm in, if you're still looking for someone.

5095078 Definitely. Do you have an OC?

Like an author avatar, or a character I'd want to put in?

Not that would fit this universe, no; but there's always more to be made. :ajsmug:

5096936 Doesn't have to. You can always tweak them (hence the AU tag:raritywink:). But if you'd prefer to make a new one, go right on ahead.:twilightsmile:

I'm thinking either an older detective who got 'promoted' to this and still has trouble with the tech, or a new guy who relies too much on it.
I'm also perfectly fine not having an OC of mine in the story. It kinda depends on what you've got so far story-wise.

5099178 Well, the idea was so that in a situation where one of us is doing a chapter solo, they have a character they're comfortable with. Plus think of it as a trademark, like your hand in the project. Doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just give the character a name, look, personality, dress sense, BOOM! OC!:rainbowlaugh:

As a fanfiction writer, I'm pretty sure it's in the job description to be comfortable with characters that you didn't create. :raritywink:
And my trademark is usually an author cameo, briefly seen in one scene and then hardly mentioned again. :unsuresweetie:

5100399 Well, if that's what you wanna do, I'm fine with that.:twilightsmile:

Cool. :twilightsmile:
Do you have a gdoc set up, or how did you want to do this?

5101042 Working on the gdoc now. I'll send you the link once there's a good amount down. You need info on any of the characters and their roles or themes in the story?

A little background would be nice, if there's something I wouldn't pick up from the setting right away.

I'll leave you two to it. If you need another pair of eyes as a proof reader, feel free to drop me a line. And do let me know when you publish; it sounds like it could be interesting.

5101584 No prob. Thanks. But if you get an idea you think could be incorporated into this, don't hesitate to give me a holla.:twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 29