The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 718 members · 565 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

I've come to a realization about my dislike for the New 52 Superman design... It's not that it's too busy or that it's really armor.... It's that all they did was draw lines on it and remove the briefs. THAT'S IT! I just realized this, it is the laziest redesign I've ever seen! You see all this time it felt off to me... Like something was just WRONG with it. I thought it was the fact it was armor and went with that notion, but really..... It's not the problem. Conceptually if you take the lines away? It's a FINE costume! Barely anything changed! However I will say this, if they were SERIOUS about the Kryptonian tech look for Superman? I found a few that actually manage to make Superman in armor look pretty damned good.

Personally I am more of a fan of the last one, which I might add is based on a variation of a New 52 Superman costume that was black... Just make it red and blue and there ya go! To me nothing and I mean NOTHING beats THIS costume though

It's the quintessential Superman costume. Can't be beaten, can't be forgotten. But I am not so inflexable to try and think of ways to make the newer costume WORK instead of taking the lazy man's way out. Seriously redesign Superman? Redesign him, because as it is? It's just insulting that they didn't take the time to even attempt to make something as memorable as the old costume.

With that I leave you with this

3949184 i don't know why but thst collar judt bothers the hell out of me why is thst there id that really needed

3949194 Another reason I like the last redesign better

You know...I never got the reason for armor in the first place to be put on Superman. "I am invincable, but I still need armor...for some reason." I mean, is it just me? Am I crazy? If one of my power set was listed, "Invunerable" I wouldn't be getting armor for myself. I would get armor for my friends who are not bullet proof. This, to me, is the equilvant of Wolverine getting medicine, you know...the guy with a healing factor?

I swear, I feel like no one does anything like ask if its stupid and just go with it.

3949194 Funny thing about the collar, it was added to several other superhero costume redesigns, namely Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman. Though with Wonder Woman they get the effect by having her wear a choker with a W on the front.

The only real thing I don't like about the New52 Costume is the belt. Change the color to gold/yellow and it be a perfect suit. The armor thing makes sense, due to the fact that it actually does have a purpose (stopping Non-armor piercing rounds/arrows with kryptonite tips/making it harder to use Blades made of kryptonite and normal ammo and blades in situation where he's rendered powerless temporarily).

out of the Suits in the first post however, I like #3 the best of those. They should have used that one for the New52 Superman.

3949951 It's probably be cooler, though, if the suit had two modes for that purpose. So when Supes is normally out and about, he can have a more traditional look, but then it turns into armor if he ever needs protection from Kryptonite. That way he could get full-body cover without it changing his regular look.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8