The Destiny Clan 567 members · 75 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

So I have a question involving a crossover/displaced story I'm working on. The enemy races. I think I've managed to get them down fairly well, especially with what I'm aware of in terms of the comics even though they hold no sway over the show...

Cabal: Dragons
Eliksni: Changelings
Vex: Umbral Ponies (Summoned by Princess Amore)
Hive: Zebras
Scorn: Undead Changelings (Made by NMM)
Taken: Taken variants (Made by King Sombra)

If this doesn't seem right, please share your thoughts and let me know what you think I could do better with for an enemy race. Please and thank you!

Seems alright. Though, my only quip is that Changelings would make more sense for being the hive instead of the Eliksni. So perhaps switch the two and you should be fine

That's what I thought at first, but the Eliksni are apparently more insect-like than that of the Hive, so I switched it to what they are now. And combine that with the fact that Changelings would have a much better go at it as the undead Scorn than the Zebras would, and it makes even more sense... The Servitors would be sucking up localized Love instead of Either, and the Dark Either variant would likely be Lust or some other form of "evil" love.

Looks good,would tweak the enemy races a bit but depends if you wanna expand certain things from lore,

Cabal - minotaurs as they just fit the whole big heavy weaponry and size better than dragons as well as a lot of cabal lore and motifs just fit alot better and can have goats be the psions in that they conquered and forced them into military service and use. But as for dragons maybe have them fulfill the same thing as destiny with the ahamkara and spike is one of or the last being kept by a third party like mara.

Eliksni - great idea especially with the whole scavenging thing and houses/hives that they're known for. The only downside of this is that they also fit the hive role especially with savathun really well.

Vex - kinda stumped on vex as equestria doesn't really have that much technology especially with the vex being a hivemind machine that essentially borgs planets to be like them, but they could simply be the umbrum unleashed through a gateway to their realm like the vex gates that was opened either purposely or accidentally.

Hive - thinking now as what we know of zebra is that they're spiritual and do potion, rituals which are alot in line with the hive so could see them being a good fit.

Scorn and taken - not much on these but think might be good if they were switched with sombre making zombies aka mind control or necromancy and nightmare moon using the nightmares of foes aka taken of people who have been defeated/killed

Am curious what you would do with griffin's, yaks, Kirin etc. As they could be used as the equivalent of exo, awoken or even as another race replacement like griffin's instead of changelings for fallen but would need some work.

Hopefully this helps a bit and sorry about the length I'm just a big destiny lore buff :)

Oh, shit! I completely forgot about the Minotaurs! Yeah, they would fit with the Cabal! And the reason I choice the Umbrum or Umbral for the Vex is precisely because of how little we know about them. As for the Taken and Scorn origins, I hadn't even thought of that! For the others, i.e. yaks, kirin, griffins, I was thinking of them being other potential "Guardian" races with their own takes on how to use the Light and Darkness powers that the Traveler and Pyramid give us. Thank you for that! I genuinely forgot the Minotaurs existed since I may or may not have stopped watching religiously after Twilight ascended... Not saying she didn't deserve to be a princess or even that she's a bad one, but I feel like how she ascended was... Unworthy if that makes sense...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5