The Destiny Clan 567 members · 75 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

This thread is to help show how powerful a Sunsinger can be.

1:When in your super,your melee ability damage (Flame Shield,Solar Wind,and Brimstone.) doubles.

2:When in your super,you can pop bubbles. The reason is that when you're in your super,your grenade damage increases to 3394. But only on bubbles.

3:Sunsinger can have two grenades with Gift of the Sun.

4:A Sunsinger's super can last up to 30 seconds. This allows a total of 8-16 grenades (having troubling counting during testing.),depending if you're wearing Heart of Praxic Fire &/or Gift of the Sun.

5:The exotic previously mentioned can reduce your melee and grenade cooldowns. The grenades come back the fastest at 1 second with max discipline.(duh),but the melee ability isn't so far behind. The melee ability's cooldown with max strength,and Heart of Praxic Fire,can reduce it to 3 seconds (WHOA TECHNOLOGY). In mayhem,both of these become instantaneous at Tier 2-4 (depending if you're wearing the exotic.),allowing you to spam a 1 shot melee that gives you an overshield. Must be in a super.

6:Song of Flame can be improved with Heart of Praxic Fire. Both your strength,and discipline also effects the cooldowns it gives to your allies.

7:Radiant Skin halves the damage that comes at you. This means that a Sunsinger with an overshield,can take up to 600 damage with just Radiant Skin. Enough to survive a Sunbreaker hammer,but not a Suncharge (nobody survives that anyways).

8:There's a glitch,where if you die with Fireborn available,switch to either Radiant Skin or Song of Flame. You can self-rez with Radiant Skin or Song of Flame. Effectively becoming a self-rez Sunbreaker. Originally the glitch would just rez you in a similar fashion to the Felwinter's artifact glitch,but was patched in the TTK

9:When you self-rez,all buffs and debuffs disappear,as well as any orbs.

10:Putting on focused burst,and tapping the jump button 3 times allows you to go faster. However,you'll have a hard time slowing down.

Have fun making builds with this everyone!

Alright comparrison? Sunbreaker Titans.

1. The Hammer of Sol can be thrown further then a grenade at times and is devastating when it hits.
2. You can apply the Forgemaster perk and it can throw more hammers along with bigger explosions for more splash damage for missions that mainly deal with weaker enemies and don't end in an Ultra.
3. A good combo is mixing Hammer of Sol with the Incendinary Grenade for bonus damage though try and do that closer to the end of Hammer of Sol.
4. A good tactic would also give your Sunstrike the Thermal Vent perk since it damages opponents and any kills create a helpful sunspot that damages enemies. VERY useful for controlling crowds of lesser enemies.
5. A very useful perk is the Explosive Pyre modifier. Upon death enemies explode and start chaining explosions with each other. Won't last long in groups with bigger enemies but you won't find a better perk for dealing in crowd control. ESPECIALLY Ultra fights who mainly use minor enemies to Zerg Rush you.
6. The Immolation Fists Titan Gauntlets grant access to Explosive Pyre for free without needing to get it as an upgrade on the perk tree.
7. Mark of the Sunforged is very useful and allows the Sunbreaker class to upgrade faster. If you're low on it's trees get this. It's a must have.
8. Fire keeper is a Sunbreaker Titan's best friend. It causes any Sunspot you make into a spot where you can acquire an overshield. Useful for the ones who tend to tank their stuff mainly.

Sadly there's not a BIG combination for Sunbreaker but in the right, or even Kinderguardian, hands/gauntlets? It's a fierce sub-class and can quickly change the tide of battle. Plus it makes people piss themselves in fear in the crucible.

5748985 Tbh I don't really get scared when I see a Sunbreaker. Much to my dismay nowadays,Sunbreakers don't titan skate. If they did,they'd find they'd be like Sonic the Hedgehog with the Chaos Emeralds. However,I was mainly putting out PvP info. Let's take a look at the PvE capabilities most know about here.

1:A REGULAR grenade is an of course. But add the increased grenade distance and it's suddenly the same. You wanna talk about the actual difference in the ranged attacks? A fusion grenade requires you to actually hit your target,missing is a failed shot. However they're faster,with much more to pump out than hammers. Hammers are an immediate detonation,and take slightly longer to throw. Meaning that I'll most likely trade with you.

2:At the very least,Forgemaster will add a couple hammers. It'll still increase the explosion however. A PvP advantage over the Sunsingers. However,while many Sunsingers don't know it,we've always had the ability to perform a mini Suncharge. So we can pop out a lot of grenades,and get a melee that 1 shots even max armored titans with no overshields,and protective super (and there's a lot of no overshields in the crucible.). We also get an overshield out of it,as I have previously mentioned.

3:I can already add a burn to all of my grenades.

4:I can get them when they're spread out,and not in groups. Firebolts and Solar grenades.

5:If you in your kinderguardian years chose Sunsinger over Voidwalker (If you bothered to look over the Sunsinger tree),you'd already have some progression. The exotic sub-class items is really just for the old players,who didn't do much back then. Kinderguardians were allowed to use them after the April update however,but you have to be level 20 to equip it,and 25 to actually have use for it. This leaves 10 million+ experience for you to pop into the other subclasses. Assuming you didn't buy a Spark of Light however.

6:...That Firekeeper thing is as useful as a bubble. Cauterize is much more viable option for PvP.

7:I can help dish out big AoE DPS too,but it mainly focuses on the boss. Anything which get's near it takes damage. Song of Flame,as previously mentioned increases grenade spam,and melee spam. Radiant Will,along with all the debuffs,allows me to take down 2/3 of a strike boss's health. Also allows me to still do my part,in doing DPS whilst weakening the boss with Viking Funeral.

8:Comparing the overall damage in PvP&PvE. Sunsinger grenades and Hammers surprisingly are equal in terms of DPS. While the PvP damage for Sunsinger grenades remain the same,for some reason they deal more DPS in PvE than hammers. Hammers as I vaguely mentioned,do more damage than fusion grenades,and I pointed out you need the Overshield to survive it. Without it,you're one-shot. However,it was possible to survive it back in the TTK,and with the Ram you can go without the Overshield to survive it. Leaves you a 1 shot however.

The easiest way to compare these however? PvP:Sunsinger is a DoT subclass that's also packing powerful attacks. Hammers are more for dishing the damage immediately. PvE:Sunsinger rains justice from above. Hammers is a melee tether that excels at ad control.

Y'know,somebody should do a death battle between all the subclasses. Like a 9 player Rumble match. It'd be a nice animation to watch,and I'd do it myself but I don't know how to animate.

5749131 Concept seems pretty good right? I'm gonna try messaging Screwattack on this. It seems like it'll be a really good animation,and since I can already give most of the information on how all the subclasses work,they just have to find how people play them. A day of watching streams shouldn't hurt,since it'll definitely be a big project that'll be worth watching.

Or maybe you're going oh over the surprising amount of shit the Sunsinger actually has. What do I know?

5749204 Yeah... hey can you help me with Nightfall? I had a guy but he bailed and I had to scrub the mission.

5749210 ...I can only play on Saturdays and Sundays :ajbemused:. But yeah,I'll help you. I already have a arc sniper with triple tap,& a Two to the Morgue with full auto. With the current burns,Alak-hul The Darkblade shouldn't stand a chance against me.

5749233 Okay tomorrow say afternoon or so?

5749210 if your on Xbox one I can help. I got nothing better to do and this nightfall is easy. I already solo'd it

5749236 No.

Or at least high noon pacific time. Over here at the time of posting this is 3:10.

5749251 OH. Well okay then.

5749256 It's 6:14 by the time of this posting. Also it's fine dude I've got Kell of Devils. I do appreciate you extending the hand.

5749274 NP. My gt is A Knight of Nii

5749274 It's fine. I already got my Icebaker anyways,got it when high noon struck. (Fun fact:Back in the western days,it was rumored that if you preform an action or activity at high noon,your chances at completing it is drastically increased. Crazy huh?)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14