Good Grammar Directory 633 members · 1,979 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

I'd be very interested in helping this group edit stories for grammar, and I noticed that someone asked for willing editors in October. How would I go about joining the team?

(This is also another call for people to join, if needed.)

This group mostly judges stories. Have you tried joining any of the various groups with "editor" in their names?

Not really. I'm pretty new to FiMFiction, so I don't know how everything works.

SpaceCommie
Group Admin

This group does proofreading to determine if a story is grammatically sound or not. Proofreaders ONLY handle grammar and spelling.

Editors have a bit broader purview. When I work as an editor, I look for grammar issues, but I also note problems in how the words look and sound (style) as well as how well sentences flow (syntax). I'll also take some looks at the actual content of a story and suggest changes to pacing and voice, but that's far less common.

FrontSevens
Group Contributor

This group doesn't actually offer editing services. This group is intended to be a directory/collection of stories that have good grammar. As Elric said, we judge/rate stories, but we don't edit them.

If you want to edit/proofread people's stories, you're better off looking to other groups, such as Looking for Editors or The Proofreader Group.

If you want to preread for this group (not actually edit, but look at stories and determine whether they have good enough grammar to be included in the group), then let CartsBeforeHorses know that you're interested.

I might've explained more than I needed to, but it was for clarity's sake. :raritywink:

Edit: Dangit, Commie beat me to the punch. I swear I hit the refresh button...

Okay, thanks for the info.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6