Autistic Brony Community 178 members · 440 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Greetings, fellow autistic bronies. A serious issue occurred with me today when I tried to befriend a user on here named Iryerris. You see, I sent him a PM about wanting to become his friend and he gave me a simple "nope." But when I was about to send a response inquiring why he declined my friendship, this error message came up

From what the manner which my response failed to be executed, I surmise that he selfishly blocked me for no logical reason, which I find perplexing on account that I haven't done or said anything offensive to him on this site before (it's actually my first time speaking with him). That's why I'm starting this thread as a way to ask for help.

Now I would imagine that most of you reading this would want me to just simply say "forget about him" as part of the generic solution to someone being blocked by someone else. You see, the problem with that is as an autistic individual, I have difficulties properly processing and filtering negative responses like a rejection to offers of friendship. In fact the exact opposite happens and I end up obsessing that kind of negativity which in turn creates tons of stress on myself before it transfers into angry outbursts/meltdowns if I'm not careful with said stress. Why is this a problem for me? Well, right now I have a steady job at Home Depot which I really enjoy and has a good salary; the stress I'm getting from this problem I'm explaining on this thread is going to cause a huge negative effect on my job performance and possibly get me fired if I had an angry meltdown at work.

Alright, now that I've laid out my problem, is there any possibly way that you guys/girls can help me overcome this troublesome problem besides the generic "let it go" response? Because I'd still like to understand the confusing reasons for Iryerris's actions. Even if it means asking one of you to ask as a mediator between me and him so he'd understand what his actions are doing to me mentally. Furthermore, another reason for this thread is that a teacher I was close with in high school once gave me this piece of wisdom: "If you talk to others about your problems, you cut them in half." By bringing out this problem on this thread, I hoping to cut it into tiny little pieces.

Anyway, thank you all for your time on this matter and may you have a blessed day.

EDIT: Does anyone think I should have addressed this problem privately to one of the group's administrators? If so, don't hesitate to say so.

Sadly there isn't more then the usual platitudes that you would expects, I would say that you were maybe too direct in asking him, with not frame of prier reference about you in any previous encounter, he didn't know your motivations to come up to him and didn't see any common interests that he could think of at the time to reach out with him. You were an unknown factor to him, It's most likely and knee jerk response that he had thinking that you wanted something form him that he didn't know what and just made the instinctive response of shoring up his defenses to an uninvited intruder.

This is my best simples guess on the matter. My best suggestion would be to start engaging people with in stories first and find a common subject that you can talk about first to test the waters first; that my two cent on the matter.

Thank you very much. I'll be sure to use that input when trying to befriending others in the future. I really wish I could give you a appreciate hug for your helpful and appreciative advice, but can't since that's physically not possible.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3