Pony Hybrids 1,075 members · 334 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

Who do you all think, out all the mares on the show might actually fall in love and marry the Minotaur, Iron Will?

What does this have to do with hybrids? Well, if a Minotaur and a pony love each other, who is to say they couldn't have a hybrid child?

It was actually mentioned in one of the comics that he has a wife

6993879 I've never read the comics so I wouldn't know. Depending on who you talk to, some don't even consider the comics to be canon.

Anyway, does it mention in the comic who is wife is, or is she merely mentioned?

The comics aren't officially considered canon until confirmed by the show.

Also, minotaur/pony hybrids make as much sense as human/pony hybrids. (That is, bipedal, human from the waist up, and pony-like from the waist down. They've been dubbed "satyrs" for lack of a better word.)

6994025 My thought was a pony with bull horns, personally.

If the child will be more of mind instead of muscle it will be interesting

I consider the comics b canon wich meens its canon unless the show does or says something that negates what happens in the comics.

Also no in issue 10 of friends forever it just has iron will tell fluttershy that the misses kicked him out of the maze because he had become to aggresive and wouldnt let him back in until he had gotten his anger issues under control

6994060 So there is nothing saying that his wife couldn't be a pony or that she might even be a pony from the show. :pinkiesmile:

I could see Applejack actually falling for Iron Will.

Not to mention he has a son too I think mentioned in said same scene.

Well we know at least by the whole erasing history miniarc that it and onwards is completely Canon to the show given everything from then on tied into the show or movie afterwards, give or take. Like the Pony of Shadows who was hinted at in said arc before that finale even aired, plus the legends miniseries and annual which greatly had to do with the Pony of Shadows before they officially fought their version. And King Vorak, Tirek's father who is mentioned as an insult to Tirek in the 3 part series finale. Not actually a spoiler as it by itself doesn't play any into the plot at all nor is important other than confirming the origin is canon just by saying the name, just a offhanded slight to him by Discord over a possible motive towards all his actions over the entire series...Which is known already in said origin issue.

I'm more in the boat with the group that says the comics are non-canon till otherwise pointed out by the show, since even some of the comics I believe end up contradicting other comics. Though it can make great supplementary material for story ideas and additional content as needed.

To answer your original question, honestly not sure. For me I'm still partial to shipping him with Fluttershy since some fan-created content can be pretty funny/memorable enough to make the idea stand out to me. Also, for the record, cause I know someone might say something about it, I'm not against other ships with Flutters and other characters. Honestly, if I were to gauge it in my head shipping Flutters with Pinkie, Discord, or Big Mac still holds a higher ranking (in no particular order) than me shipping her with Iron Will. I have favorites and preferred ships sure, but I do find interest in looking at various other ships that folks can cook up and see how they present them.

In season 4's 'Castle Mane-ia', a ghost story told by Applejack said that The Pony of Shadows was the cause for Nightmare Moon. That could be wrong because it's a "ghost story", but the Mare in the Moon was an old pony tale, and some real-life history has been passed down in stories before printing was common. (Maybe the Pony of Shadows and the Nightmare were two parts of an original whole?)

Possibly, though it'd be hard to say unless that thing existed without Stigian and only needed him as a host as if the comics are Canon by the reflections arc, then Luna would have to already have become Nightmare Moon and banished as Starswirl was with Celestia comforting her after that til their fight because of the other mirror. Starswirl was never seen from again after that so it can only mean that that was when the Pillers were trapped in Limbo.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15