Flarity 631 members · 186 stories
Comments ( 172 )
  • Viewing 151 - 200 of 172
Steel Resolve
Group Admin

Sea

One thousand, three hundred and forty miles to go.

Rarity leaned over the balcony, checking to make sure she would not hit anything important, then proceeded to violently empty the contents of her stomach.

Fluttershy stood beside her, patiently holding her purple locks behind her. When the retching had stopped, she offered Rarity some ginger cookies.

One thousand, three hundred and thirty miles to go.

Rarity's eyes watered up, and the mere smell of food caused her to dry-heave. Fluttershy again grabbed hold of her mane.

"T-thank you, darling." Rarity gasped out, grasping the railing as the deck gave another lurch. Fluttershy briefly took flight until it had settled down again.

One thousand, three hundred and twenty miles to go.

"I'm so sorry," Fluttershy told her for the twentieth time that day.

"For what? Not being prone to sea sickness?" Rarity let out a pained laugh, struggling to keep her gorge from rising anew. "I'm glad for you, darling. Just please take care of me, I'm sorry to be a bother."

"You're not a bother." Fluttershy replied. "Thank you for making the trip with me."

"I wouldn't miss it, love." Rarity said, looking off into the distance. Somewhere, one thousand three hundred and ten miles ahead of them, was a small glen full of a rare species of butterfly. It was through a jungle full of insects, mud, and wild animals that would likely try to devour them whole. And before that, she had another one thousand one hundred miles of rough seas to pollute with the contents of whatever she managed to hold down for a few minutes. All to see Fluttershy's smile.

No, she wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Next: Music

Claiming
This will be my first fan fiction ever so bear with me

Modeling was hard. Singing for The Ponytones was hard. Now I'm modeling and singing in an opera!
“Fluttershy, darling, come out of your dressing room. It wouldn't very becoming to be late to your first performance as an opera singer!” Rarity opened the door to Fluttershy's dressing room to find Fluttershy on the verge of tears.
“Rarity, I don't think I can do this. The only reason I could sing before was because no one knew it was me!” And the only reason I could model was because I wanted to please you.
“Don't be silly darling, you're a marvelous singer and you're simply gorgeous! You are perfect for the opera house,” Rarity said, frantic underneath her guise of calmness. Her friend had been hard to work with all day and had been in her dressing room for three hours. Show time was only twenty minutes away and Fluttershy wasn't mentally or physically ready for the stage yet.
I have to make Rarity happy. If I don't go out there she will be very upset. “OK, can you help me get ready? If I get myself ready this will go even worse than it already will,” said Fluttershy.
“Sure I can Fluttershy.” Rarity was surprised as Fluttershy was usually very private and embarrassed about dressing. “I'll do whatever I need to in order to get you on that stage,” Rarity said. Truth be told, it will be very interesting to see Fluttershy's body. Rarity slipped off Fluttershy's shirt and pants and instinctively examined her body, as she had done so many other models. But Fluttershy is not like any of those other models. She is so naturally beautiful.
“Um Rarity, shouldn't you have gotten my costume out before you took my clothes off?” said Fluttershy.
“I'm dreadfully sorry. I'll go get the costume right now. Don't know what I was thinking.” Rarity, you know exactly what you were thinking. She got the costume, a light yellow dress with pink trim to match Fluttershy's hair and skin. Rarity quickly put the dress on her, trying not to make Fluttershy any more nervous. She looked at the clock and realized they only had five minutes before Fluttershy had to be on stage. “OK darling, now you are ready,”- She kissed Fluttershy on the cheek- “Thank you for being so cooperative and dealing with your anxiety.”
Fluttershy, excited and surprised by the kiss got up and opened up her dressing room door. After taking a deep breath, she slowly walked out onto the stage ready to go, with a splotch of dark purple lipstick on her cheek.

// I know I didn't build up the kiss quite right. If you have any suggestions on things like that please tell me.
Edit: Oops forgot to add a prompt

Ferocity

Karrakaz
Group Admin

Not bad. Not bad at all. Of course it feels a little rushed and would have a lot more impact if you spend some time describing the surrounding and how Rarity even got Rarity to attempt such a thing in the first place.

Having two different character's thoughts in a piece is usually not the best idea ever (Unless you have gone on for a few hundred words and made a clear shift of perspective during that time)

Rarity you know exactly what you were thinking.

Other thoughts were in italics but this wasn't with made it rather hard to place.

Other than that though, a very good first foray into fiction. Keep it up. :twilightsmile:

HEY GUYS, WHAT'S GOIN' ON IN THIS THREAD?!

*crickets*

Karrakaz
Group Admin

Nothing will if you don't write for it. :twilightblush:
Perhaps if more people joined in, I could write some more as well; I'm already writing too many as it is!

Steel Resolve
Group Admin

3475060 prompt tag! did you want to try one?

I'll give it a shot! :pinkiehappy:

Ferocity

"Fluttershy...I-I have a confession to make," Rarity sighed, as she pour herself another glass juice.

"Oh?" Fluttershy asked surprised, vexed by Rarity's anxious expression.

It was date night, and Rarity had asked they'd spend their evening at her place. Though this was nothing strange, Fluttershy realized now that Rarity had purposely placed herself in her comfort zone to share something she didn't want or wasn't comfortable sharing.

Rarity fiddled with her hooves as she kept her eyes on her glass of delicious juice, "You see... Well, first off, this isn't something I'd ever share with anypony, but... I'd rather you found out this way than any other."

Fluttershy gulped, "Whatever it is Rarity, I'm sure it's fine."

"Alright..." Rarity nodded, "You know that super villain who's been causing havoc lately all through out Equestria?"

Fluttershy stared. She knew.

"Well, the truth is..." Rarity spoke silently, carrying a slight sinister tone in her voice, "I'm her. I'm Ferocity!"

Fluttershy eyes widen as she sucked in the air around her into an audible gasp. She tried to find words, tried to say anything, but nothing came out.

It had been her all along. Rarity.

Rarity stared at her marefriend in silence, "It's true..." she finally spoke, "Ever since I was a foal, all I've ever wanted to do in life was to take over the world and when I final got the resources to do it, I had no choice but to try achieve that dream," Rarity continued, "But, to do that I had to become a super villain. I had to become... Ferocity!"

"B-But, Rarity..." Fluttershy stuttered, as a heavy blush began to grow, "T-That means—"

"I'm sorry, Fluttershy," Rarity sighed, staring sadly at the ground, "If only my ambitions for world domination weren't so darn huge, we might've—"

"No! You don't understand!" Fluttershy exclaimed as she ran into the arms of her marefriend, "I'm a super villain too! I'm...

"I'm Evilshy!"

"What?!", Rarity gasped, "Evilshy?! But that's my... I mean, that's Ferocity's evil secret love interest!"

Fluttershy nodded, as she peered up at Rarity who'd grown a heavy blush of her own, "I know."

"B-But that can't be!"

"But, it's true," Fluttershy blushed and looked away, "Every time I say I have to go home early to take care of my animals, I actually venture out at night to commit evil crimes and unruly violence to innocent ponies."

Rarity continued to blush as a single tear roll down her cheek. Her marefriend was evil...

"Fluttershy..." Rarity whispered, lifting her marefriend's resting head up to her own, "That's the most beautiful thing I've ever heard you say."

As on cue, the two ponies kissed. Sharing both love and admiration for each other and their sinister ways. They were close now. And unbeknown to this moment, they had been for a long time.

When the kiss ended, Fluttershy stared curiously at Rarity who had begun a giggling fit.

"Rarity?"

"I'm sorry," Rarity laughed, wiping her tears away, "This is all just so perfect," Rarity smiled, "I can't believe I was actually planning on killing you tonight."

Prompt: Wingman (Wingmare?)

Oh, hey, a new prompt, wonder what it-
"Wingman"
*Looks up from laptop at ongoing How I Met Your Mother marathon on the TV*
Yeah, I got this.
Claimed.

Wingmare

Did you know that Equestria has five official languages? Besides from Common Equestrian, the most common and wide-spread language in the world, each of the pony tribes have their own language from before they united: Erdeponisch, language of the Earth Ponies; Pegasiká, language of the Pegasi; Licornois, language of the Unicorn; and Alikornen, language of the Alicorn (today spoken only by a dozen or so ponies). As a rule of thumb settlements that leaned heavily towards one tribe, tended to teach that tribe’s language as a secondary language, while more cosmopolitan areas taught only Common Equestrian.

For example: Cloudsdale, populated exclusively by Pegasi teaches Pegasiká as a standard school subject, while Ponyville, a town founded by Earth Ponies but now inhabited by all tribes since several generations back, offers Erdeponisch as a bonus class.

Right now, Rainbow Dash was thanking all four Alicorns for that fact, as Fluttershy was in need of some reassurance. It was Twilight’s birthday, her first since her ascension to princess-hood, meaning that Celestia, Luna and Cadence were there to visit, which in turn meant that the local bar was filled with ponies jumping at the chance to meet one of Equestria’s rulers.

This was it, the night she had been looking forward to and dreading for years: Fluttershy felt ready to confess her feelings for Rarity, and as the Element of Loyalty, not to mention her best friend, Rainbow Dash was there to help her with planning, preparations and a kickass encouragement speech.
Unfortunately, Fluttershy had stopped less than three steps from their table, and now stood frozen in the middle of the room, staring at Rarity sitting by the bar.

With a sigh, Rainbow Dash got up and dragged the cowardly mare back to her seat. The long-prepared speech about how Fluttershy was going to “march up there, get your awesome on, and score that Unicon” didn’t work, it was time to improvise. She switched over to Pegasiká and leaned in with an expression of seriousness and stone-cold bad-assery.

“Fluttershy, I know you’re scared. If I were you, I’d be scared to. I know how much Rarity means to you, but it seems you don’t.” Fluttershy’s grimace of panic slowly melted as Rainbow Dash began her speech.

“Remember when you came home after falling of Cloudsdale? I was so worried about you, but you didn’t seem to care about the danger you barely avoided, you just went on and on about that cute, friendly unicorn filly you met on the ground. Remeber how you swore to move there, just so you could meet her again? And then, when you get here you let your fear take over and avoid the sole reason you moved here to begin with! For years you avoid the topic of love, you spent your days lying to her face and your nights crying to me about it.”

Fluttershy’s head sunk lower and lower as the rant continued, finally hitting the table at the last sentence. Suddenly she was thrown back up as Rainbow Dash slammed a mug of cider onto the table.

“But not this night!”

She pushed the alcohol over to the timid beastmaster, giving a smug smirk.

“Tonight you are going to drink this entire mug of cider, and whatever else it takes to loosen your tongue. Then you are going over there, and then you’re going home. With her.”

Fluttershy eyed the drink carefully, like it would attack her at the slightest provocation. After a few seconds of deliberation, she slowly picked it up.

“O-okay...”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other side of the room, Rarity perked up from her cocktail as a slice of cake laded on her plate, surrounded by a light blue dweomer.

“Oh, thank you darling.” She exclaimed curtly as Cadance took the seat next to hers. The two of them had really become good friends as of lately.

“Who’s idea was it to put the cake on the other side of the room from the bar anyway.” The unicorn complained as she took a spoonful of delicious princess cake.

“It has to do with Celestia, when she gets drunk, she-“ Cadance stopped mid-sentence, scanned the room and leaned in closer to Rarity.

“It’s not important, remember you told me about your crush on a certain pegasus?” She continued, giddy like a filly who can’t wait to tell everypony that she got that thing she wished for as a birthday present.

Rarity blushed and made her own sweep of the locale.

“Hush, not so loudly. What about it?” Rarity asked sharply, not wishing to bring that up in such a public venue.

“As I was getting the cake, I overheard Rainbow Dash getting her psyched-up to go ask you out.”

Rarity froze in place. Did Fluttershy have feelings for her too? It took all her strength not to jump into the air and sing with joy at the news. She looked Cadance in the eye, and the princess gave her a nod.

As Rarity swept the last of her drink and hopped off the barstool, Cadance gave her a pat on the back.

“Go get her, girl.”

Prompt: Pet-names

As before, please point out any mistakes or things that didn't work so well. I'm new at this, and need the feedback. Also enjoy the free worldbuilding that seems to follow me whenever I try to write about anything set in any fictional universe... :twilightsheepish:

(P.S. Yes, a Princess Cake is a real thing. It's Swedish, but it's real.)

(P.P.S. I'll give five thousand Internets to whoever can figure out what language Alikornen is based off of.)

Karrakaz
Group Admin

Pet-names

“Darling~” Your voice drips into my ears; sultry, seductive... how do you do it? We’re in my living room, having tea. Or at least we were until you started talking like that. I swallow a dry lump in my throat and hide behind my cup of tea. The tea is very... nice, even if I can’t remember which blend I used to make it. Talking to you is just so hard sometimes.

“Darling?” It’s the same word, I know it is. Other than that however, it seems completely different from the first one; less seductive, more inquiring with just an almost imperceptible change in inflection... did you learn how to do that? Or were you born with the ability? I take another sip and continue to stare at my cup.

“Darling?” I cringe. How you manage to convey worry in just a single word is beyond me, but I don’t know how to respond. We’ve been dating for almost two weeks and I still don’t know what word I could use to convey how much I love you, while you simply use the word you use for everypony and pack it tightly with all the feelings you have for me.

“Darling!” Your hooves cup my cheeks and force me to look at you. You look determined, maybe even a little angry, but still beautiful as ever. “I won’t have you sulking and beating yourself up. This was supposed to be a relaxing date, so tell me what’s wrong.”

The words tunnel underneath the walls of the prison I’ve built in my mind and escape out of my mouth before I can stop them. “I don’t have a pet name for you.” Stupid Fluttershy, can you be any more petty? And ruining the date —The one you asked for no less— because you envy the way your marefriend conveys her feelings?

You look at me with those deep blue eyes I could drown in and, not for the first time, I wonder if I’ve ruined everything. Is it still surprising if I expect you to surprise me? In the time it takes me to blink, you lean in and kiss me right on the lips. It sends the same electrical spark of love and caring through my body that I feel every time, making my wings stand on end and my eyes flutter closed.

“Darling, you don’t need a pet name to tell me how much you love me,” I can hear you say while I wrestle with myself for control over my body. “Your body language is clear enough.” Your warm breath caresses my left ear and I suppress a shiver. “Though if you want, you could always call me ‘Mistress’.”

Not what I expected to write when I started on it, though I can't say that I'm unhappy with how it came out. :raritywink:

Next prompt: Failure to communicate.

Well, after suggestion from Karrakaz, I've decided to try and give this a shot. I tried my hardest to make it shippy, but the prompt was giving me a lot of trouble so I went with this instead. I feel I should mention I've never tried writing rarishy before, but I tried my best :twilightblush:

Admittedly, Rarity never imagined she’d once find Opalescence and herself being scolded by Fluttershy, but there they were. Standing in the middle of Rarity's workroom, the pegasus crossed her forelegs and frowned at Opalescence and Rarity, both of them looking down at the floor much like foals caught misbehaving. Rarity glanced at the bandaged front paw of her cat and felt rather guilty about it. It did look painful...

“Rarity,” Fluttershy said sternly, ignoring the pitiful look given to her. “Apologize to poor Opal. Her paw is in a lot of pain.”

Her paw?! What about my paw?!” Rarity exclaimed, lifting her hoof and showing Fluttershy the several bleeding claw marks on it. “It’s not as if it purposefully wanted to step on her paw. Honestly!” She stamped her un-injured hoof on the ground for emphasis, which only served to further worsen everything by making Opal hiss at her before scurrying to the other side of the room.

Rarity!” Fluttershy exclaimed, looking from the unicorn to the glaring cat in the other side of the room.

Rarity put her hoof on her chest in an offended gesture.“But I didn’t do anything!” she exclaimed defensively, muttering under her breath when Fluttershy sent her to go sit on the couch before heading off to comfort Opalescence. She stomped her way over to the couch and plopped herself on it with a huff, flipping open a nearby magazine and muttering under her breath, “I told her I was sorry…”

If one were to ask Rarity the contents of the magazine, she’d fail to reply seeing as she was too busy spying on Fluttershy and Opal’s conversation. She noticed Opal wincing whenever she placed her injured paw on the floor, and the guilt once more overtook her. Fluttershy, however, was doing some kind of miracle work — as she always did — since Opal’s earlier miffed expression seemed to be dissipating.

Her staring was interrupted when Fluttershy glanced at her and caught her in the act, prompting Rarity to look back to the extremely fascinating article she was most certainly reading instead of spying. After a minute of ‘enthralling lecture’, she glanced back up and noticed Opalescence was nowhere to be seen. She looked around for her, but the search ended quickly when the feline suddenly jumped on to the couch, still scowling at Rarity.

Rarity glanced back at Fluttershy, hoping to get some kind of explanation, but Fluttershy simply smiled at her and nodded towards Opal. When she looked back, Opal’s angered expression had vanished, and she surprised Rarity by walking over to her hoof and gently licking the injuries.

Awww.” Rarity petted Opal’s head, smiling apologetically. “I’m very sorry, Opal. I promise I’ll be more careful from now on.” Her reply seemed to be satisfactory for the feline, offering Rarity an acknowledging meow before curling up next to her owner and licking her own paw.

“See? It wasn’t that hard, now was it?” Fluttershy asked, carrying over the first aid kit and sitting on the other side of Rarity. She took Rarity’s injured hoof in her own and carefully put on some bandages on the scratch marks. “You just need to try and understand each other better.”

“Well, I’m afraid I’m simply not as skilled as you when it comes to communicating, sweetheart,” Rarity admitted, waiting for Fluttershy to finish her administrations before holding her hoof.

Fluttershy looked at Opal. “Oh, it’s not that difficult, Rarity. Besides, you and Opalescence are very similar,” she said, giggling a little and nuzzling against the unicorn. “You’re both just big softies inside.”

Next prompt: Overwhelmed

Karrakaz
Group Admin

Yay! Finally! We get to work on this some more. More people need to join in. I mean really...

Prompt: Overwhelmed

Worry was never far from the mind of Rarity. She worried about the dates her clients asked for their dresses, even though she always managed to finish up with time to spare; she worried about her looks, even if she got compliments from many a pony every day; and she worried about her little sister, though perhaps that was warranted given the amount of crazy and dangerous stunts the Cutie Mark Crusaders pulled.

Currently, however, she was worried about her best friend’s behaviour.

“Are you sure you’re alright, Fluttershy?” she asked, trying to keep the concern out of her voice. “You seem a little... antsy?”

Her spa partner shifted restlessly once again, disturbing the mud and her cucumber mask alike in what could have been construed as an effort to find a comfortable sitting position. To Rarity’s keen instincts, however, it felt like something much, much more dire, and she couldn’t help but worry for her friend.

“It’s...” Fluttershy sighed softly and fluffed her wings as she always did when agitated. “It’s fine.”

Rarity didn’t believe it for a second. Something didn’t feel right and she was going to get to the bottom of it. Fluttershy hadn’t been the same ever since their little trip to Cloudsdale to watch Rainbow Dash take away the best young flier award.

If she was honest with herself, the event hadn’t left her unspoiled either. She didn’t think she could look at heights the same way ever again.

“You are not ‘fine’, darling. I can hear you fidgeting from all the way across the room.” Rarity paused to take a deep breath and calm herself down. Becoming too insistent with Fluttershy only ever served to make her withdraw into a shell of silence. Her way of protecting herself, I suppose. “Darling, you can talk to me about anything. You know that right?” she tried again once she had regained control of herself. “I promise not to judge, and if I can, help you with whatever is bothering you.”

Although Fluttershy probably thought she wouldn’t hear it, Rarity could make out the barest whisper of ‘You can’t.’.

It was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

In a flurry of activity, Rarity got up from her own mud bath and, without even shaking off the mud that caked to her coat, marched over to her pegasus friend. She glared at her friend and ignored the cowering. “Fluttershy, darling. You know I care about you a lot. But so help me, if you do not tell me what is wrong this instant, I will scream until the building collapses.”

Whether or not she could even manage to bring down a building with naught but her voice was a question that would, thankfully, have to be answered another time as Fluttershy mumbled something incoherent before rising up from the mud as well.

Rather than immediately explain herself, however, Fluttershy chose to be somewhat more physical in her response. She tackled Rarity to the ground and kissed her until the air in their lungs ran out, and Rarity saw stars. “IwantedtosaythatIloveyouandthatIneverwanttoseeyoudoanythingthatdangerousagain,” she blurted out in a single breath.

Rarity could only look at her. “Oh...” was all she said before pulling Fluttershy close for another kiss.

Next prompt: Deadline

Claimed. First time something just popped into my head when I read the prompt, so no way I'm missing this one. :twilightsmile:

Deadline

Today was a dreadful day.

It was the middle of winter, far from Hearth’s Warming Eve, and you could hear the biting wind tearing through the streets. It was a winterstorm day, the day where surplus snow and wind was divided evenly amongst all towns in the area, and allowed to run free. Of course, Rarity wouldn’t even pretend to understand the complex machinery of pegasus weather production; all she knew was that she was cold and miserable.

The only upside to waking up to a day like this, was the fact that Fluttershy, her beloved marefriend, was lying next to her, covering her with those fluffy wings of hers. She moved in closer, snuggling up against the still sleeping mare, and tried to go back to sleep. But there was a niggling little thought in the back of her mind that refused to let her relax. Rarity’s eyes shot open and she let out a tired groan as she realized she had work to do for an important client.

Another groan escaped her lips as she stretched, arching her back before allowing one last look at her lover’s face, just in time to see her groggily open her eyes. She let herself get lost in Fluttershy’s lovely turquoise pools, steeling herself for a cold day slaving over a design that was far to strictly specified for her tastes.

She couldn’t move.

Fluttershy had seemingly also felt the cold, and decided that a good hug would warm them both up. Rarity kissed her gently on the nose before attempting to get out of bed again. Still nothing.
“Darling, please.” Rarity murmured as gently as she could, earning only a low murmur in response.
“I have work to do, you know...” She continued, gripping Fluttershy in her dweomer and attempting to force her off. After a few seconds of strained magic-ing, she could feel a headache coming on, but still no relief from the warm, soft... cosy...

Rarity shook her head clean of thoughts and decided on another approach. She pressed her lips against Fluttershy and gave her a deep kiss. To her dismay, Fluttershy only tightened her embrace and moved a hoof up to Rarity’s head, keeping her locked in the kiss.

This was an outrage, she had very important work to be done! Out in the cold salon, away from her lovely pegasus... So lovely...

Rarity once again let out a sound of frustration and twisted herself out of the kiss, looked Fluttershy straight in the eye and gave her a stern look.

“Sweetheart, I know you love it when we cuddle, especially when it’s cold, but I really do have quite an important project I have to finish.”

Fluttershy averted her gaze, her lips pursing and tears forming in the corners of her eyes.
“O-okay...” She whispered, the lump in her throat audible by the strain in her voice. “It’s just...”
They lay quietly for a moment, before Rarity kissed her on the cheek, urging the poor thing to go on.

“I just feel so lonely in the winter, since all my animals are hibernating, and it’s so cold and you’re so warm and snugly, and I just want to hold you and never want to move and I-“

Fluttershy’s rant was cut short by Rarity bringing herself in closer and pressing the pegasus’ head against her chest.

It seems Celestia will just have to wait for her new dress...
Next prompt: Lovey Dovey
I like cute prompts, sue me. :twilightblush:
(Side note: does "the lump in her throat" translate well into English? The Swedish version is "klump i halsen", referring to the choking sensation you get when you cry.)

Lovey-Dovey

Fluttershy and Rarity sat next to each under the shade of a tree. “They are such a lovey dovey couple,” stated the pegasus with a smile.

“Pardon?” questioned the unicorn next to her. “You said ‘lovey dovey'?”

“Ah, yes,” Fluttershy whispered, “Those are the right words, isn’t it?”

Rarity gave out a light laugh, “I guess you could say that, but I thought of them as more the odd couple.”

“Oh, I don’t think that sounds as nice,” responded the Fluttershy. “I mean it is sort of true, but still, I don’t think they would like it.”

“Really darling?” Rarity shook her head, “After all those two have put us through. I mean just look at them.”

“I am,” responded the pegasus, “And they look so precious together. Look how he's combing her hair!”

“You do have a point there, but still an herbivore and a carnivore,” Rarity turned to Fluttershy and put a hoof on her shoulder, “Wouldn’t you consider that to be an odd couple?”

Fluttershy looked over at her friend, “Well, yeah, I still think that my term is better though, if that’s all right.” She looked back at the pair next to each other. “I mean they are in love and I don’t think species really matters in that. I really don’t”

Rarity returned her attention to the couple a short distance away. “I just never saw it coming, but you’re right darling. I’ve changed my mind. Lovey dovey it is.”

The pair under the tree continued to watch the pair before them. Angel Bunny and Opalescence in love. Will wonders never cease?

Next Prompt: Karaoke

It's been far too long...
One word I've longed to say, and at last, the time has come to finally say it:

Claimed!

Karaoke

They’re all looking at me.

I try to control my shaking, but I can’t. Oh, come on now Fluttershy, you’ve sung with Rarity lots of times, a quiet little voice in my mind says. Then again, that was before you started being more than friends… another chimes in.

This would even be the first time we’ve done anything together publically as a couple. What if they figure it out? What if they all start hating me? And definitely not the right time and place for this. The buzzing of voices fills the room of the small pub; drowns out my thoughts, and the two glasses of wine I’ve already had isn’t helping either.

Rarity has always had a lot of suitors, both mares and stallions, and some of them would be so upset if they knew that she’d been taken by a pathetic coward like me…

No, Twilight says I have to stop being so negative. Rarity loves me for a reason after all.

Right?

I’m interrupted in my self-loathing by Rainbow Dash patting me on the back.
“Come on Fluttershy, it’s not that bad, you’ve done this before.” I look up at her face, a playful smile on her lips seems to say “full speed, all or nothing”, but I don’t agree at all. My other friends are there too, gathering around me in a circle while Rarity helps Pinkie Pie set up the system. They are all so supportive, even when I’m really not doing anything to deserve it. “You still scared ponies are gonna be mad you stole Rarity from them? Because if they try anything, they’ve got to be ready to face the most awesome, most powerful pony in all of Equestria.”

Twilight, the student of the Sun Goddess herself, Princess of Friendship and most powerful sorceress in the land, blushes and shakes her head. “I don’t know about that, but I wouldn’t let anypony hurt you.” Rainbow Dash half-heartedly points the hoof not currently resting on Fluttershy’s back towards her. “Yeah, and you got Twilight too, I guess.”

I can barely stifle a giggle, Rainbow Dash never changes it seems. After a few dirty looks are thrown at her, we embrace in a hug, and I feel Applejack leaning against my side from the behind as Twilight lets me rest my head on her shoulder and Rainbow Dash wrapping her forelegs around my neck.
No matter what has happened in the past, be it bullies, monster attacks or the end of the world, my friends have always supported me, always given me the strength I needed to keep going… Now will be no different! Applejack is the first to pull away, playfully swatting the other two off.
“All right y’all, that’s enough. Don’t want Rares to think we’re moving in on her turf”, she jokes and I don’t even try to keep myself from laughing now. I take a deep breath, filling my lungs with air and my spirit with courage before taking the stage just as the karaoke machine buzzes to life. Rarity gives me a wobbly smile before levitating two microphones over. A list of songs appears on the screen and Rarity quickly picks one before I can even read the first title.

“Let’s do this one,” her breath smells of alcohol, but her voice is still as stable and enchanting as always.
As soon as the music starts I instantly know which song she’s picked. It’s a good one, and it feels very fitting right now.
I give Rarity a smile as she begins with the opening words, and I try to keep up after missing the first few words. As the chorus approaches I look out over the room, and I can’t help but realize that I really shouldn’t be able to be up here, with so many ponies watching me.

Judging me.

But, I have Rarity, the most beautiful and the most fantastic pony in the world at my side, and my friends are all giving me supportive smiles, reassuring me that nothing can harm me right now. Like the song says:

Lean a little on your friends, they will carry you; shelter from the stormy nights. Lean a little on your friends, they will guide you through. You know you're gonna be alright.
It’s gonna be alright...

---
A bit long, I know, but I got going and couldn't stop. Again, I would appreciate feedback, especially so since it's my first time trying out first person. (I also hope this thread didn't die and I'm just making a fool out of myself...)

Next Prompt: Lazy Morning

• Viewing 151 - 200 of 172