Sunset Shimmer 4,927 members · 6,749 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

This is a group about Sunset Shimmer.

As such, stories added should also be about Sunset Shimmer at the time of submission. Not stories that might have Sunset Shimmer at some point in the future. Not stories in which Sunset Shimmer says "Hello" at some point...

Having stories not about Sunset in the group would rather be against the point of the group. If Sunset is going to be a main character in your story later, add it then.

--Sweetie Belle

But what if the story is about… a sunset? :ajsmug:

Maybe you should think ahead and add norw places to submit stories where Sunset I'd a supporting. You might be more successful and people would quit bitching

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Thus far, Sunset isn't even a supporting character in your story. Four chapters in, the only place she's mentioned is the author notes.

--Sweetie Belle

IF she's a supporting character, then go submit your story to a story group for whoever is the main character.

Reily #7 · March 20th · · 1 ·

I hope I write a story about her getting a ward to watch over some day. But yeah your rule makes sense.

Agreed
Look i know we all love shimmer here but cmon MAKE IT ABOUT HER PLEASE!

Man is getting disliked for speaking facts.

I agree with King. You all should plan properly or make more mods in the group who will do sp

There aren't story groups for certain characters being side characters because that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.. It's much easier to make story groups around someone who is the main character. Popular character or not, there's no reason to make a story group for a particular character when they are playing a supporting role. Basing story groups around who the main character is are much easier to maintain and guides people to what they want.

IT's called supply and demand. The amount of people who are looking for stories where X is a side or support character are so minimal that there isn't a need for it. When people want to see X character, 99% of the time they want stories where they are the main character, not a side character

Maybe you should think ahead and add norw places to submit stories where Sunset I'd a supporting. You might be more successful and people would quit bitching

If you want a group for stories where Sunset Shimmer is a SUPPORTING character, maybe you should make that group yourself?

It isn't SweetAI Belle's job to make every group that you want.

I stand by what I said

Then he or she should be removed from admin position. We don't want a whole new group made, just more categories added. If SweetAI can't do that simple thing, he or she is just lazy

GOOD SHIT. ME TOO

In my opinion, you are both in the right here.

SweetAI is the owner of the group, so they decide what can and cannot be submitted.

King had full intentions on adding Sunset as a fairly major character in their story, so it does eventually belong in this group.

However, SweetAI is correct in saying, at the time of addition, Sunset was not in the story, so it did not qualify under the group's rules.

gapty #19 · March 24th · · 1 ·

Read the group rules, they tell you straight up what this group is about:

First off, this group is about Sunset Shimmer, so any stories you add should involve her, and anything you are posting should be about her.

You can't demand to include side character (or in other words: single mention to not) categories when the already broadly defined single rule has a "Sunset should be the/one of the characters" rule.

Besides, calling the admin lazy goes far beyond being rude. Other groups are (from what I've seen) left to honour systems with no control, so that SweetAi is still active and doing a forum post with explaining what was done wrong is already more than other groups do.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Alright, so first you say I should be removed as admin, then you deliberately add fanfics that I've just said don't belong in the group? I'm feeling like you need some time away from the group...

--Sweetie Belle

Sorry to butt in, but DerpyLover also tried to make King think they were banned from adding stories to the group...

Then he or she should be removed from admin position. We don't want a whole new group made, just more categories added. If SweetAI can't do that simple thing, he or she is just lazy

"We"
:rainbowhuh:

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Only ban was to 7950272, and it's not necessarily a permanent ban. I'll see how I feel about it in a few days, and probably reassess the fanfic in question, since I was feeling rather irritated at the time.

There are actually 42 other groups with "Sunset Shimmer" in the name, incidentally, so plenty of other groups people can go to if they want one run differently.

And if anyone starts a "Sunset Shimmer isn't the Main Character" or "Sunset Shimmer is the Sidekick" group or some such for fanfics that involve Sunset but aren't about her, feel free to advertise it in this group1...

I could make one myself, but that'd probably be missing the point of not wanting me as admin. :unsuresweetie:

--Sweetie Belle

1. Within limits. No spamming, limit it to one thread, that sort of thing.

I know it is not my fault, but I am sorry all this happened.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

You and me both...

Not the first blowup I've had to deal with, but the site's slow enough that things like this don't happen too much any more, just because of less people, and you get out of practice.

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25