Sunset Shimmer 4,926 members · 6,754 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

I've got hit by yet another idea bug even when I'm supposed to be working by my rewrite. I know I want Sunset going through Star Fleet Academy in San Francisco, but I don't know what career path she would probably go down, she'd probably want to be on an Exploratory Ship like the Enterprise (but most likely not the Enterprise itself), but I can't decide on her specialization. She's obviously going to be a bridge officer, I can't see Sunset settling for anything less than stellar grades, enough to be guaranteed a Cadet slot on the bridge straight out of the Academy.

Tactical Officer makes sense, she's aggressive, likes to take her problems straight on, and looks good in red.

Science Officer makes sense, she's Celestia's personal student so she's really intelligent, curious, and has that thirst for the unknown (she jumped into a Celestia-damned portal not even knowing where it led!). And hey, she wouldn't look bad in blue.

Engineering Officer makes sense because without magic she might grasp on to Engineering because it's interesting, challenging, and something she could have never learned in Equestria. Plus she'd look good in yellow.

I'm honestly thinking about having her as a Tactical Officer with an interest in Engineering. 4 years in the Academy (or three in the Academy and one year on a ship posting as a Cadet) might not be enough to master Engineering to Star Fleet qualifications, so she might settle for Tactical while still studying Engineering in her free time, probably not enough to do the big stuff like working on the warp engines or anything, but perhaps enough to help fix a crashed shuttle in an emergency.

Any opinions? I'd love to hear from everyone regardless of if your a fan of Star Trek, this is more about what you think her personality and ambition would lead her to.

In mine I made her an engineer, but with a focus on command as her ultimate goal was to become a Captain.

But then I had it connected to the overall plot which involved her and Twilight trying to find their home.

However that's just one possible interpretation. If you'd like to see it you can read it here:

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/490591/star-trek-phoenix

Definitly Science Division.

I love Star Trek LOL!

Well to be honest I see her taking a red uniform I see her in command one day. If your story is about her first days on a ship I would have her start out as an ensign and work her way up. I would also not be surprised if she decides to serve on a science vessel of some kind.

I would like to read a story like this whatever you choose. It is your story and in fan fiction, there are no wrong answers.

Would the mane 6 or shadow bolts be apart of the crew?

I'm planning on starting her in Starfleet Academy first, more of a college/military academy setting. Then her first posting as a Cadet then Ensign. And a Science vessel would be the most likely candidate because Starfleet is all about exploration, discovery, and meeting new civilizations. That's why they only invest in self defense and have no true military warships that can't also be used as an Exploratory vessel. Even the Defiance, developed as a way to counter the Borg (small crew, big fast engine, heavy weapons), was still considered an Exploratory/Science ship in times of peace.

I doubt it. I mostly plan on this story being a Sunset Shimmer in Star Trek story, not an Equestria Girls in Star Trek story. With the HuMane 7 and all the other people in EQ, you'd have to handle a lot of references and be able to answer a lot of questions as to where they ended up in that universe. Questions I don't feel like answering.

Ok no problem thought be interesting to see a rivalry between sunset and twilight on the same ship.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/453947/sunsong Can we please cancel this story already IT HAS BEEN 4 YEARS with no update and I am tired of seeing links to the dead story in the we recommend this and forgetting it is dead until I click on it and here i see a post of an entirely different story

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9