Sunset Shimmer 4,927 members · 6,754 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19

Am I the only that believes Sunset would have made a better princess than Twilight, after Sunset fixed her nasty attitude?

I hear you there bro, sunset has all the smarts of twilight but without all the mental defects, sunset is also prettier, everyone likes a badgirl

Yes. Because Sunset's attitude could not and would not have been changed had Twilight never become a princess.

Beauty is subjective, and we're not shown enough of Sunset say that she is without all of Twilight's short comings. I would argue she worse. The whole 'teen army' thing in the first film... yeah that was her idea.

I don't think sunset would be better, but it would be great if sunset and twilight ruled together like celestia and luna. They are both suitable princesses with thier own different experience.

Your going to argue about a teenage army led by a litteral demon fueled by a corrupted element of magic, which would already make her more powerful than Celestia or luna or twilight alone, twilight was only save by her friendships, and yeah... where talking about a mare that almost destroyed ponyville with a want it need it spell.....yeah that happened

And it still was never confirmed if twilight zapped the real pinkie during the mirror pool episode so she may or may not have murdered pinkie pie...... so yeah that happened

Honestly I think she would have made a better princess myself. And I know this is a head Cannon thing but it also fits quite well but I believe Sunset is actually Celestia's daughter whether by blood or adoption which means technically would have a right to the throne in essence before Twilight does.

And it was celestias mistakes with sunset that tought Celestia the right approach with twilight, so without sunset there's a good chance for pony midnight sparkle, I guess we should say that they both need each other and leave it at that

Definitely stronger together. Twilight's strength was never a pillar of one. Sunset, while also stronger with friends, was more adaptable and able to survive on her own.

I agree! I also truly believe that she would have been a better seventh character than starlight and would have made an even better princess and should have taken the role as “element of redemption”.

Besides if you think about the name of Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle (Celestia and Luna) I think there is a reason they gave those two those name

Personally, I don’t think it’s fair to compare them. They’re different characters; foils to each other, sure, but still different characters. Meant for different roles. They’re also different kinds of leaders. A princess needs diplomacy and tact - qualities Twilight has in shades - but cannot have a hot temper - which practically defines Sunset. Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle are just meant for distinct destinies.

Maybe Sunset has developed enough sense to know better than to take the job? :twilightsmile:

Twilight, on the other hand, will do any task Celestia tells her to, no matter how grueling. :twilightoops:

There is a story where sunset due to starlight messing with time ended up going back to the time where she was looking at the mirror for the first time and she became an alicorn and because of her time in the human world once she recovered mentally somewhat from Celestia neglect and favoritism of her niece over the pony who needed her to be a parent with cadence help the pony world was advanced technology wise and despite twilight thinking it was bad it was pretty good considering sunset was more than twilight when it came to pain. Twilight was a cheap forgive and forget without finding out the why of what went wrong between them for trust to break. She treated anyone who wasn't her pony friends cheaply and claimed friendship but never put any effort on her side. Sunset actually put in work to make things better for all. The story ends with twilight getting caught in the new time-line and unfortunately the author never told anyone what happened next.

I see where everyone is saying yes right away but some are thinking it through my answer Is....

Actually they both have leadership qualities the other doesn't have. It makes them more like celestia and luna. So it would make sense if they ruled together instead of saying one is better than the other.

I agree. Their skills are better combined and neither is objectively better than the other.

I think you guys are just overthinking a simple poll of who likes who better, there's no right or wrong!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19