Equestria Girls. NEVER HAPPENED 110 members · 16 stories
Comments ( 105 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 105

I've decided that from now on i will post the clips of that crappy sequel here, avoiding to fill the forum with topics about it.
And here's the third clip

Enjoy... if that it's possible :pinkiesick:

Gotta love how there's something immensely better playing in the background.
0:31: Hey look (listen)! It's the target audience of this film! And a perfect representation of those who actually like this crap.
2:05: Oh look, more pulling powers right out of their asses. Wonder what kind of ass pull they'll use to explain this.

So, here the first two clips of EQG 2:

3196561 Actually i didn't watched that clip. I just don't have the strenght to endure that crap. Heck, im not even sure if i will watch the sequel. Sure the day i will watch it, it's gonna be a painful experience.

3195714 3196561 Seriously...? A magic 'whatever-that-was-called' is Fluttershy's instrument? This will be indeed one great rock band if they have instruments like those, I'm expecting saxophone and trumpets for playing rock as well...:rainbowlaugh:

Every little clip they show, even the prequel book, just shows how repulsing it is going to be. A sh*tstorm is coming gentlemen...a true sh*tstorm that will be bigger than anything we have seen in this fandom.

On the less optimistic note: Wtf is happening on Derpiboo? Some random dude decided to post ton of Flash Sentry images... as expected, there was big downvoting but that was to be expected...and a lot of angry discussions :twilightsmile:

3197313 Images official or fanmade? :rainbowhuh:

fanmade but really a big spam was there...thankfully it ended already:facehoof:

3198041 Thank god.
Still, the third clip really got me very angry. I mean, SRSLY, hamster? And asspulls that makes no freaking sense!? Who can say that this is an okay thing for a movie!?
But nooooo, we cannot have an actual movie with depth view of the Mane 6, a great story and an intriguing villain. No, we have to endure this piece of crap that has lame copies of the original one and as conflict we have FUCKING HAMSTER REVOLTING?! FUCK YOU HASBRO, FUCK YOU!

3198050 Exactly...worst of all, it is possible that Ass Entry will be in the movie, the chapter book shows him a lot :pinkiesick:

3198058 ...
Ok, so this how Hasbro reason:

SRSLY, they force down in our throats Sunset Shimmer redemption, the least the could have done is keep her and at least try to make her a non villain, but they keeped the one character that 99,98% of the fandom hate or just dosen't give a crap about him!?

Ok, is official, EQG 2 is directly even worst than the first one. Way to go Hasbro, go and jump in a cliff ! :twilightangry2:

Okay that was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen...even the background music was stupid and lazy, if that's how season 5's background music is going to be like I'm not looking forward to it at all. I mean the music in FiM really helped the mood and was relaxing I would find myself humming them sometimes but this makes it seem like a silent cartoon that realize fully on music to tell the story, I mean just listen to it when they're chasing the hamsters around, that never happens in FiM, excluding a Bird and a Hoof, but that was a parody so I'll let it pass. I'm afraid MLP is becoming just like every other cartoon.

Also was the supposed to be humor?

3198079 It wasn't surprising with all that damage control that took place after the first chapter of the book was published. Unfortunately, the show goes towards more cliche with Flash Sentry perfect-disney-charming-guy in the front.

Of course the vocal minority is what gives Hasbro the information we hate it so... we need to voice our hate as much as we can so they'll finally get the message :facehoof:

3198232 I don't usually compare EQG with anything that has to do with the show. It's like comparing a piece of crap with art. But i can agree that cause someone like this crap the writers will start to get more and more lazy, cause they know that there is people that it will ignore what the essentials point of a good animated movie are.

3198435 I hope that Hasbro will make Ass Entry drones happy by just adding him in EQG movies in some useless cameos and not in the actual show (Hoping that his last appaerence in "Three's a crowd" was just a mistake), cause that would be rather suicidal.

Tommy Oliver has made this 1-minute review of Guitar Centered.

Wait a minute. there's a guy on deviantart(MegaSweet I think) who had a fan idea of humanized ponies in a rock band. And it used to be called Equestrian Girls but change it to Canter Girls. Hasbro's stealing his ideas:twilightangry2:

3200256 Why not. EQG is so without a soul that they can't do anything without stealing something.

The only difference I can think of is that Spike's not a dog. He's still a pet but he's just a lizard.

3200847 Well, they had to change something or else it would have been to much clear, don't you think?:ajsmug:

Seriously, guys. Just give it a chance. :ajbemused: It could be better than Citizen Kane and Casablanca combined. And on that note, I'm about to eat a wasp sandwich. Some people have said that's not a good idea, including some guy who ate one and was rushed to casualty, but chances are they're just close-minded little haters. That guy probably faked his throat swelling up because he wanted to be a hipster.

*sarcasm over*

The Fluttershy clip in particular really does paint this film out to be a generic, crappy little girl's cartoon. The fact that it's getting support from the brony masses makes me wonder if this is the same fandom who praised the show for being different and breaking the mold.

"But think of the target demographic!" Are they seriously telling me the target demographic would prefer this shit over an actual MLP movie with ponies going on an epic adventure? Really?

Heck, I saw the original MLP movie! Sure, the ponies barely had any personality and the villains were evil only for evil's sake and their motive was "The ponies are having fun and we hate fun! They must be destroyed!" However, in spite of all that, it still had a sense of adventure!

The main issue I have is that Equestria itself is rife with potential that might not be possible to fit into a 20 minute time-slot but would be perfect for a feature-length production. We could have a movie where the mane six travel to the Griffin Kingdom and go on an epic quest. We could have them discover the land of the changelings. And with 70+ minutes of time they could delve into Equestrian history and create an awesome backstory to the elements of harmony. Hell, they could even keep the mirror world idea but actually make it into a decent story! There are hundreds of potential avenues that could have been taken, but no... We get the cliche high school prom drama musical crap to compete with Monster High and Bratz. Because why buck the trend when you can be like everyone else? :facehoof:

3203097 3203187
Both of you couldn't speak more truly. Seriously, the very idea of making pony movie without ponies is like making sandwich without bread or even worse, lemonade without lemons :facehoof:

I wonder when we will get clip with Flash Sentry flashing a smile and making girls blush... would be so funny if this time around, every of mane six got red in the face, so much hate :rainbowlaugh:

That's Handsome Flash Sentry to you! :rainbowwild:

I'm sure he'll play his guitar to help win the (cough) "rock" (cough) concert that will save humanity and have a moment where he's about to kiss Twilight but trips and falls roflmao such funnies. And the bronies will use that to say he's not a Gary Stu because he has flaws.

3203289 I buy this theory of him tripping but I have another one!

Handsome Flash Sentry will be helping Rainbow Dash out and will be teaching her how to play on his guitar so that she'll rock and then Dash fans will go all 'He stole our waifu! :raritycry:' and the brony will explode because Flashlighters will throw a tantrum about him being Twilight's boyfriend which he started to be after bumping into her :rainbowlaugh:

3203240 THIS. Just this.
That's one of the main reason that im so pissed off about anything that has to do with Equestria Girls.
The writers have an entire world and its own backstory to work on and they choice to do highschool clichè movie?

The last clip with the hamster is just so... insulting towards anyone with a functional brain.

3203352 That would be actually smart. But being smart means put effort into thought, you're asking to much from Hasbro.

Finally someone posted the new clip.

Does that mean that Trixie is not the villain? So who is it then? :rainbowhuh:

3216618 Remember Dark Qiviut he has the same views I do on these short, said something like everyone of thw shorts has gotten worse then the last (He was talking about the newest one) he then said something about the hamster one but it was cut off, I only went to his profile I didn't go anywhere else so I don't really know anything else that's happening on the site but I don't want to know from my memories it's just going to piss me off.

But yeah they have been the Vinyl one was good but all the other ones were really really bad.

3216986 I don't know exactly if call the Vinyl Scratch clip good. To me is just fan paddering. And i can't forgive the way of teaching children to walk the streets without being careful to be run over by a truck/car.
There are already too many victims about it.
Sure it looks good compared with the rest of this crappy clips.

If it was just an instrumental I would tolerate that.

3218402 Maybe. But even instrumental it's still not rock.
And when the movie has rock in the title not having that style it's really a bad move.

...there's a villain?

3234096 Apparently no. I guess that the writers decided that, instead to put effort of making an ACTUAL VILLAIN, it's lazy better not having one at all.

After Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, is Pinkie Pie turn to go anthro for some reason in this new clip:

Ugh, I've just stopped giving a shit at this point.

oh boy pinkie pie going anthro for no reason. Gee what a surprise.

Are these actually gonna be in the movie. Also how are they becoming magic girls without explanation? Wait I just answered my own question.

3238385 Just like the writers :trixieshiftleft: .
I guess that if all of EQG 2 is just Twilight dream the writers feel free to do what they want because in a dream everything can happen.
If it is a dream it also makes of Twilight a egocentric bitch for putting her with her friends rather than Sunset.

3238347 This was the one real "rock" clip that I was mostly indifferent about. There actually seems to be some real technique in her playing as opposed to Rainbow Dash and Trixie in Guitar Centered (albeit needing some polish).

Also, I can't shake the impression that the entire sequence was done with a drum program and not an actual human, and the audio syncing is just really off, and really pulls you out. Lastly, I'm heavily expecting this is going to be the only showcase of musicianship in the entire film if songs like Shake Your Tail are any indicator.

Frankly, I'm just happy this wasn't Guitar Centered Part Deux.

Why do I get the feeling that every time they give us new clip, someone is sitting there and saying:

Seriously, they do it on purpose...

3240581 Again, I had a good feeling, but I didn't want it to turn into something where someone corrects me with, "Of COURSE they're real drums, you fucking idiot."

Plus, once I see Pinkie Pie do a one-handed snare roll, then she and I can talk.

3240622 Not from you, from the anyone else (especially those on pro-EG forums and Equestria Daily).

3240429 It hurts me alright. The movie is gonna be the end of me :raritycry:

New clips. New transformation. New plot-hole?

3269154 You know after the movie like finale looking back at Equestria Girls...it just....sickness me. :pinkiesick: How is the finale of a meteoicore season a better movie than the actual movie!

. I would admit the first minute was funny with Rarity and the Diamond Dogs. Shame the rest of it was dull and boring.

3269362 Is not that funny when you think that actual dogs are human in this world when Spike, a freaking dragon, was a puppy.

Yeah that is a lousy problem that can be easily avoid, if they made Spike human. He's her brother/son, not her pet.

3269154 BORING! Let's see her play this and then we'll talk.

And at last is Applejack turn to transforme into a furry.

Is incredible that from a trailer wich didn't show all the movie now there are this clips wich spoils the most important point of the movie (i guess).
Also, first Trixie, then the Diamond Dogs (Who are human despite the fact that they were dogs in the original :facehoof:) and now the Flim Flam Bros? Oh dear, there is no actual REAL villain in this one, isn't it?

OH THE DELICIOUS BUTT PAIN!!!!! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Oh look, a retarded unfunny troll. :ajbemused:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 105